Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Played this yesterday, good game is good. More complex than I thought it'd be.

My mate bought a couple of boxes and gave me all his spares, got a couple of Qui-Gon's, Padawan, Reys Staff, Jedi Robes and a bunch of commons/uncommons so I think i'll pick up a Rey starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I've heard that this game was an attempt by Fantasy Flight to keep the Star Wars license by raking in enough money Disney wouldn't dare mess with it. Apparently there were concerns with Disney wanting full control of the brand or something? Has anyone else heard this?
Never heard this but wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Neither do I blame them for doing it because it seems like they are doing it right.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
MTG will never die unfortunately

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Going to my first Star Wars OP event tonight, not sure what deck to bring so I'm just going to borrow one from a mate.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
won the local tourny undefeated with Rei & Qui-Gon mono blue.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShowTime posted:

I mean, don't give us a decklist or anything. Grats on the win. How many people in your area playing?

Edit: Actually you probably don't have a decklist since it looks like you borrowed the deck. Any cards you can remember? Do you know he ran 2x Force Throw? I think that is one of the best cards available right now and only a one of in the Rey starter.
It was a pretty bad deck tbh and not worth emulating, it did have two Force Throw and two One With The Force that were MVP though

we had about 8 people show up for the first night

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShowTime posted:

Expect a lot of stuff on Ebay soon. A ton of people that ordered the 3x booster packs through Amazon got shipped 3x booster boxes instead. Expect stuff to start flooding the market, as rather than 10000 people getting 3 booster packs, 1000 people are getting 3 booster boxes and with those extras in the hands of a few there will come more ebay auctions.

Also, if you were one of the lucky people to get 3x booster boxes instead: congrats. I preordered and had a ton of stuff, so didn't bother ordering the packs even though i'm positive i would have gotten 3x booster boxes instead. I was looking at ordering 3 as they went up on Amazon. It looks like it was the first few people to order on Friday, when they went up. People that ordered after that only got the 3 packs they ordered, so at some point they figured out their mistake and started shipping normally.
don't they just normally cancel orders like that? that's one hell of a fuckup

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
KMC hyper mattes are the best sleeves i've ever used

Ultimate Guard's are decent also

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Do the KMC hyper mattes fit snuggly on these Star Wars cards? I hate cards constantly shifting around in sleeves
Not really, the sw cards are slimmer than normal

they don't shift much at all though

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deviant posted:

The man at my local tournament today who has bought six booster boxes was very upset when he lost to my Kylo+Stormtrooper+Stormtrooper deck made of 3 starters + 3 boosters.

Intimidate is a very good card.
post ye list

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
does anyone have a good eJango/eVeers list? I'd love to see it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hyperloop is a pain in the butt because there is not many ways to stop it, when we getting discard pile removal??

it doesn't even help the person doing the loop unless they are already ahead

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I usually netdeck, go to an event and play the deck I copied, then make changes based on how those games went

It's good to have a base to start from

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Without netdecking I would choose a wincon to start with. Then choose character's and a background that fit the wincon or wincons best.

Then choose cards....

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BJPaskoff posted:

I'd rather netdeck while playtesting instead of playing in a tournament
Ideally that's what you'd want to do but when you don't have a group to test against you have to go to events to test

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The lack of product to buy is quite disappointing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like how fun it is and how well
balanced it is, every game seems to come down to the wire if both players are equal.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Would be so much better if it was an LCG

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but they probably couldn't price it reasonably with all those dice

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
One single print run of expansions sounds insane

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's hard to get the first set of this stupid game

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

It's impossible unless you want to spend close to $1000 now.
I've got most to it except for some purples for like $200-$300 at an estimate

missing Han, Luke, Luke's Saber, Commanding Presence, Poe, 1 Force Choke, 1 Phasma

If I want to complete it then I'll need to spend about $400 which just isn't a thing I can justify

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Even if I wanted to I literally don't have the money

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

banned from Starbucks posted:

Why does noone play hyperloop? If X-wing had a broken as gently caress gimmick like thta you'd expect to see 30% of any given tournament running it.
because you get gently caress all done while hyperlooping

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Starter exclusive cards actually made it easier for me to get a workable deck

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They could have padded out the starter decks with some commons/uncommons to have a working 30 card deck also

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

Basically everything about this game is awful except for the game itself. :v:
Nail on the head

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have to travel 2 and a half hours (5 there and back) to get a decent tournament

my local store has an OK playerbase of between 4 and 10 people, it's hard to tell at the moment because the people who play X-Wing also play Destiny and they are on the same night

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
play something that beats vader/raider

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Our meta changes every week because we get bored easy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShowTime posted:

If that is the case, best time to sell is probably now, and then rebuy when it's rereleased.
Sounds like way too much effort

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Maz is amazing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm loving Leia/Ackbar right now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like that you don't need trap to be consistent at all, Leia is a damage beast and the focus dice on Ackbar compliment her so well

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What I'm working with right now.

Leia/Ackbar @ Frozen Wastes

Upgrade ( 10 )

x2 DH-17 Blaster Pistol
x2 Holdout Blaster
x2 IQA-11 Blaster Rifle
x2 Promotion
x2 Scout

Event (20)

x2 All In
x2 Block
x2 Defensive Position
x2 Dodge
x2 Dug in
x2 Field Medic
x2 Hit and Run
x2 It's a Trap!
x2 Rearm
x2 Take Cover

Thinking of taking out Scout and Take Cover for Commlink and Logistics (possibly a Launch Bay but it is expensive)

Also changing the battlefield to Rebel War Room

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thocan posted:

I might try to trade around my store for some Ackbar to give this a try. I have two Leia, but never found a good use for her.
Let me know how it goes, thankfully Ackbar shouldn't be too hard to get a hold of

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Q2 kits spoiled

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pulled an Obi and a Maz's goggles out of 9 pre-release packs

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you open Force Speed anything else is just gravy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone post a picture of Supply Line if you open one?