Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

I want to dip into that, but I'm kind of afraid of dumping too much in a ccg. Would a starter and a couple boosters be a good investment?

People are talking a lot about how much easier it is to get into this because you only need 30 cards for a deck and there's a limit of 2 per card, but you have to keep in mind that the card pool is effectively split in half since most cards are either Villain or Hero cards (and a deck can only be one or the other) and there are only 5 cards in a booster pack. Also, the starter decks aren't "complete" decks: they're only about 20 points worth of characters (out of a normal 30) and 20 cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008

ShowTime posted:

Thanks, that's actually news to me. I didn't realize cards had hero or villain on them on the bottom of the card.

Yeah, it's not that it's bad, I actually like working with the asymmetric card pools, I just don't want anyone to be fooled into thinking that this is going to be the CCG for budget-conscious people. LCG's still fill that niche, as long as you get in early.

Triple-Kan
Dec 29, 2008
They've mentioned they plan something like 3 sets a year of equivalent size to Awakenings, but nothing about rotation yet. I wouldn't doubt rotation, though.