Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I got into this game a couple weeks ago and I love it. I picked up two 2 player starter sets, a Boba starter, and a box of EaW. Also like, a lot of Legacy. I picked up two Auto Cannons and I had the idea to make a Boba/V Stormtrooper/V Stormtrooper deck themed around indirect damage. I'm using B'omarr Monastery right now to mixed success. I have Lookout Post and Locked & Loaded, are there any other cards that synergize well with indirect damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The promo prize support for this game is so awful, I have no idea how anyone can think it's okay.

Someone please tell me to stop buying boosters and just suck it up and buy what I need online. I work at a flgs and being next to them all day is a problem.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Played/ran a draft event tonight, it was a ton of fun!

I went with Rieekan/Anakin/Padawan and won both games I got to play. I had Command Center - Lothal as my battlefield, only got to bring it to one match. That's the 'claim, mill two' one.

Round 1 was me versus Hondo/Jar Jar/Anakin. Didn't get to bring my battlefield but it didn't matter much. I focused down Anakin pretty quickly, being lucky enough to drop a Vibrosword turn one. They took Rieekan first, which was maybe smart but it left the damage matchup a little lopsided. They just barely took out the Padawan before getting milled out with Hondo and Jar Jar still on the board.

Round 2 was much tougher, facing off against Jawa/JK Luke/Aayla. The monocolor probably made things tough on him but my God were his character dice vicious. I needed every single bit of removal and mitigation I drew just to stay in the game. However, JK Luke was actually a blessing in disguise as he slowly helped me mill him out. My opponent really neglected the battlefield and gave me lots of chances to hit him with the double-mill, despite being on top of the Rieekan shield game. I focused on Aayla since he was dumping shields on Luke, he took out Anakin a little bit before I got Aayla out. I managed to get off a :doink: Law & Order :doink: to kill his Crafted Lightsaber before he ever got to use it, which was huge. Again, Vibrosword turn one helped out a lot. I knocked him out with an Imperial Might card discard off the Vibrosword, which felt pretty drat good.

I had the bye first round and we ran short on time so I just called it there, I think the top two ended up being Finn/First Order Stormtrooper/Something and Kanaan/Lobo/Hired Gun. The Finn guy was some kind of uber player who had been around since the beginning while the rest of us were all newish.

Overall impressions, it's such a slower game compared to normal Destiny. Hondo ain't much without his whole kit for instance. Mill is the real goshdarn deal, I think only one of my opponent's built below 30 and that was the first guy at 28 cards. Both matches were super tense and I loved 'em. Knowing what to draft is extremely challenging, or at least it was for me.

I really wanted that drat Aayla.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm still chasing a second Aayla for Hero Vehicles but I picked up a Yoda off a friend who really wanted a Grand Inquisitor & Grand Inquisitor Lightsaber playset so I'm working on a Rieekan Jedha Yoda mill deck. Is that viable? It seems like it could be, I just worry about getting bursted down and floundering.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Cool Stuff Inc and Miniature Market both have a pretty decent selection.