Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My FLGS's manager has burned a lot of distribution bridges due to incompetence so even if there wasn't a shortage, he wouldn't have gotten many in. Luckily one of the other X-wing guys had a second starter that he sold to me for what he paid, $15. Then I went to the other major CCG seller in town; hey had three starters and a box left so I bought a second Rey starter. $12.50 a starter, $2.30 a booster.

I'm surprised there aren't any collection trackers for Android yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Are there any cards or abilities that get rid of support cards on the field?

EDIT: As soon as I post, I remembered AT-ST :downs:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Have any sites gone through the sets and reviewed individual cards? I'm not even sure where to begin.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Iron_Chef posted:

Deck builder
Collection tracker
Community deck sharing
http://swdestinydb.com

This one is running like dank rear end in a top hat. I can't publish decks for 24 hours after making an account and I can't edit a deck once I've saved it, I just get a "Page can't be reached" error.

EDIT:

3 Starters and only 2 boosters really limits what I have on hand.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 3, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I lost my 4th copy of Awakening already.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is there a general turn by turn strategy? I've played and understand Magic but never got into advanced things. What should I be looking out for, when shouldn't I do this or that action?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bottom Liner posted:

Starting deck building guide:

2 colors (mono is too restricted with the current card pool I think)

~23 cards in the 0-2 cost range

15-20 dice seems to be normal

keep expensive cards with situational use to one of's, and liberally use them for rerolls

include lots of dice manipulation in your deck no matter what archetype you're building

Maybe it's just because I haven't gotten many cards; 15-20 dice sounds like a lot! I haven't dived into the rules deeply yet, I know you can only have a color card in your deck if you have that color hero. Can you only attach them to those color heroes or anyone that could take them, barring any other restrictions on the upgrade?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This one is running like dank rear end in a top hat. I can't publish decks for 24 hours after making an account and I can't edit a deck once I've saved it, I just get a "Page can't be reached" error.

EDIT:

3 Starters and only 2 boosters really limits what I have on hand.

Finally got to run this tonight. First game I was way too timid on resources and damage. Fortunately I made up for it by running Mind Probe special almost every turn after I had it. Frankly, I didn't deserve that win. Following with a second game, I went hard on damage and a lucky 3 resource roll let me put out some upgrades and have enough left over. Forced him on tilt by making plays he had to respond to, then rolled 1 melee on Jango with two +2 melee from his double lightsabers to wipe out his last character. Felt good; free action economy from Jango is a good time. Fit three upgrades on him and activate for free, throw that damage out.

Fat chance that I know what I'm talking about though.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:jerkbag:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you rolled the dice, Drudge Work would be in every single list. I don't understand how you could come to that conclusion.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I grasped the game in one try with the starter deck (with an experienced player showing me) and a week later played two games with someone not much less new than I am and neither of us had a problem. I kept getting extremely lost trying to learn Dicemasters, the main culprit likely being the 10-12 cards that start in the field, potentially affecting the game before their dice are even rolled.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wrong Star Wars thread. How about those dice eh?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

"Spot a Blue character to..." is a really ugly way to template "If you control a Blue character..."

Do you control the character if you haven't rolled their dice yet?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I beat an Amidala mill deck the other night with my "Mash two starters together" deck. His was designed to not do any damage. It came down to two cards in hand and two in the deck before I crapped out six damage onto Amidala. One of the keys of facing a mill deck is claiming the battlefield before they do :v:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I've found that playing against those mill builds, you need to have a solid opening hand. If you can drop some upgrades and support early on to put out some damage, they can mill you out all day. Just out-roll them!

I had an Enrage in my opening hand. Mulliganed all four cards, pulled two of the same cards and two other useless openers. Was hoping for a second turn Lightsaber.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I would be surprised if actual characters don't get new cards with different powers. They all have titles, or nicknames, or subtitles or whatever under their names.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Caedar posted:

FFG does this with AGoT already, right?

I don't even know what that is :v: A Game of Thrones? I imagine that would be even more limited on characters.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Chazani posted:

Lord of the Rings LCG has 3 versions of Aragorn without any use of sub-titles. Different art and different special abilities. The rules prevent running more than one at the time naturally.

How do you differentiate them in a list? Dicemasters uses acronyms for heroes, and Warmachine uses something similar.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's usually going to depend on your deck setup. If I had a second Jango die and any yellow cards at all, I'd go hard in on him. Free actions are wonderful; I had two lightsabers on him after Kylo died. My opponent activates a character because it's the start of the round and he has nothing else to do. I roll Jango's dice for one melee and two +2 melee from the sabers. Amidala eats five damage and dies before she can do anything.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Local places either got no cards, or sold out within 2 hours. I might as well just give up this stupid game. Hard to keep interest when you can't even get the game.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

KO Derf posted:

Just hop on over to the Steam sale and grab yourself TableTop Simulator. It should keep you happy until real product starts making its way to stores.

I do have TTS already. How many goons actually use it for Destiny?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Played my starter deck with two boosters of changes against a guy who has bought three boxes. Not fun.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The first game he had eVader and Tusken. Vader is ridiculous, rolled five damage right away, and completely neutered anything I tried to do after. Second was Amidala/Rey/Ackbar. I killed Amidala and Ackbar but he hit me with Patience twice while having seven dice out. Between discarding everything and removing my resources, I again couldn't get anything out and was lucky to kill just those two.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That and they underestimated how long manufacturing would take.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Tusken Vader is one of the three big aggro decks that have crystallised out of the early meta, so with a smaller card pool you are vulnerable to getting god rolled. Basically you want some dice control to stop yourself getting wrecked early on,but if you dont got the cards, you don't got the cards.

One of the issues with the format is that there are effectively no all common and uncommon decks possible, you need a certain critical mass of rares to get a deck going. Now in a month or so supply should stabilise and singles will solve that and let you build a top tier deck for a modest amount of money, I figure EJango/EVeers to be a fairly cheap proposition, any particular deck type you lean towards?

I've got a single Jango die right now to go with Kylo and a Trooper. I do enjoy me some aggro, and free actions like from Jango are great.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Hmm with Kylo, Trooper, Jango. If you can get some commons off the people with larger collections even throwing

2x He Doesn't Like You
2x Backup Muscle
2x Isolation
2x Unpredictable

Should help you out a lot even if you are mostly stuck with a starter.

Ultimately depending on your card pool I'd look at heading to eJango/Trooper/Trooper or eJango/eVeers.

EJango/EVeers may be the total blitz deck of the format, living or dying by the go roll, whereas EJango/Troopers will be the tougher less explosive varient.

I was actually given a couple Backup Muscle and I already have the Unpredictables as well. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone give me a good Luke list, no holds barred. Gonna print some cards out.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is there any reason you can't have, say, two of Luke's Lightsabers on the field? Is that what the diamond by the title mean? With Ackbar I imagine you would want to try and get three lightsabers onto Luke. That's probably too slow though, maybe. Tempo and whatnot was never my strong suit.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It's definitely three.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

So could you resolve the +3 ranged side of the IQA-11 Blaster Rifle with Poe's ability as long as someone has a ranged damage side showing?

EDIT: I just noticed in the rulebook from the FFG page:

• Characters with the same title but a different subtitle
are still considered to be the same character for
determining uniqueness.

Example: A player cannot use Darth Vader, Sith Lord and
Darth Vader, Dark Apprentice on the same team.

In case anyone wasn't convinced that they would reprint characters with new abilities.

I doubt anyone here thought that.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jan 6, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I love the flavor of this card :allears:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I still haven't been able to get more than my two booster packs locally and online stores sell out just as fast if not faster. If they don't keep the first set available then I have no interest in playing at all.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I tried to get in this game at launch and gave up around February due to the supply issues. Someone at X-wing League said those issues are almost fixed. I'm OK with not owning ask the cards and just buying what I need for a deck. I do own two of both starters, and a couple boosters that didn't give me much.

That said, is there a viable Luke/Leia list? Nothing groundbreaking or tournament winning, just something that can hang with a bit of luck.

Failing that, what are good decks for Luke and Leia separately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Do any of the various Destiny apps download the card image or have the text on hand? The one I picked pulls card info from a webpage and won't work when I don't have internet access.