Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I have been trying to avoid this game because I'm bad at controlling myself when buying boosters but I decided to grab the 2 player set for me and my wife to play. Should I just buy some boosters or the other starter sets to compliment it? I know next to nothing about this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Empress Brosephine posted:

If you can wait two weeks for the new line to come out (Empire at War I think its called) you should just buy some boosters of that or a whole box. You can buy Awakenings and Spirit of Redemption now, but they're going to be phased out soon. Or sometime.

Your best bet would be to buy another one of those 2 player sets so you can make elite (2 die) characters, and make full decks.

Were just planning on playing casually against one another so I'm guessing I'm not missing much by ignoring the first two waves?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
It looks like the dice are different for the starters vs the 2 player game i.e. Kylo Ren. I'm wondering if its not allowed to combine them or if it's cosmetic.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Just bought a box of Awakenings yesterday. Is there any really rares cards I should look for?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Grabbed my first booster box and pulled a Han Solo, One With the Force, Poe Dameron, Holdout Blaster and Crime Lord. Also got a Rocket Launcher from a pack I bought. Since me and my wife play casually I'm thinking I'll just sell the valuable ones to buy more booster boxes to get as many cards as I can for Deck building.