Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

BJPaskoff posted:

Did anyone else notice that the Awakenings set includes only characters and events from the first movie of each Star Wars trilogy (plus some generic SW universe art for the fittingly generic cards)? At least that's my impression from two starters and ten packs. If it is that way, it's an inventive way to force themselves to not spread their game's theme too thin too quickly.

I've seen stuff from Star Wars Rebels and Clone Wars for the art on several cards, and I'm pretty sure the sith woman on the art for No Mercy is from the Clone Wars series. Assuming they also take from Rogue One, that gives them 8 movies and two TV series to take characters and events from. I think they're good for another couple of sets yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So far my wife and I have bought 19 loose boosters, a booster box and one each of the two starters. We've had decent luck with the legendaries, we have 2 Millennium Falcons, a Darth Vader, Han Solo, Phasma, Commanding Presence, Poe Dameron, and Black One. One of the LFGS in the city does Destiny on Wednesdays, and has already ordered prize kits from FFG. I've thrown together a couple of decks I want to try out on Wednesday, should I try them out there before posting the decks here for critique, or :justpost:?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Here are the two decks I've thrown together so far that still need testing. Many of the cards that are one-of are only because... I only have one copy of it. Is it better to run epic characters or to spread them out? Or is that something that people are still trying to work out? I'm open to suggestions, but I'm missing about 25 cards in general, and another 30-odd that I only have one copy or dice for.

Hero Mill
    Character
    Admiral Ackbar (1 die)
    Qui-Gon Jinn (2 die)

Upgrade
    x2 Jedi Robes
    x2 Lightsaber
    x1 Mind Probe
    x1 Scout
    x2 Survival Gear

Support
    x2 Jedi Council
    x1 Outpost
    x1 Resistance HQ

Event
    x2 Block
    x2 Defensive Position
    x2 Defensive Stance
    x2 Deflect
    x2 Dug in
    x2 Patience
    x2 Riposte
    x2 Strategic Planning
    x2 Take Cover

Battlefield
    Command Center

General idea is to mill them out while using Qui-Gon's ability to deal damage while turtling, and Ackbar's there mostly for the 1/3 chance of resource generation and to punish the opponent if they run out of cards in hand.

Villain beatstick
    Character (3)
    Count Dooku (1 die)
    Kylo Ren (1 die)
    Tusken Raider (1 die)

Upgrade
    x1 Flame Thrower
    x1 Force Throw
    x2 Gaffi Stick
    x2 Immobilize
    x2 Lightsaber
    x1 Mind Probe
    x1 Prized Possession
    x2 Sith Holocron

Support
    x2 Backup Muscle
    x2 Underworld Connections

Event
    x2 Close Quarters Assault
    x2 Deflect
    x2 Enrage
    x2 Nowhere to Run
    x2 Scramble
    x2 Unpredictable
    x2 Use The Force

Battlefield
    Emperor's Throne Room

All the melee dice! But seriously, all melee all the time. I would love to get Close Quarters Assault to empty their hand. Backup Muscle is there for the cheap, reliable unblockable damage. I just wish I could find some way to return your own support cards to your hand.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 19, 2016

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's usually going to depend on your deck setup. If I had a second Jango die and any yellow cards at all, I'd go hard in on him. Free actions are wonderful; I had two lightsabers on him after Kylo died. My opponent activates a character because it's the start of the round and he has nothing else to do. I roll Jango's dice for one melee and two +2 melee from the sabers. Amidala eats five damage and dies before she can do anything.

That's sort of why I went with Tusken Raider in my villain deck. Sure, his ability costs you a card to use, but you can do it before the opponent gets a chance to act. He's a bit less consistent than Jango on his dice faces, but taking him lets me take a second force user.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

HidaO-Win posted:

Card pool is small enough and the costs of going dual colour small enough that the only mono builds I've seen are in blue, Kylo/Nightsister builds, Rey and Dual Padawans or Rey and Qui-Gon. It Binds All Things being the best value resource generator in the game just plays into that and the requirements for some blue upgrades seals the deal.

I'm partial to Underworld Connections over It Binds All Things. It costs 1 more to play, but just generates resources instead of reducing the cost of a specific colored card-type.