Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Cobbled together this deck, and it works shockingly well so far. Even in games where Veers goes down fast, I've been able to pull it off with Jabba fuckery and support. I actually haven't played with the AT-ST yet but I just got it today and it slots right in but I doubt I would run a second one due to the hefty price tag.

http://swdestinydb.com/deck/view/89122

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Finster Dexter posted:

So, are Vader and AT-ST the only chase rares, right now? Maybe Jabba? I see Vader going for about $40, Jabba for $20, and AT-ST for about $15. I'm thinking of getting a box (maybe 2) of boosters and then buying singles of legendaries/rares as needed and I think I'll come out ahead of getting the Team Covenant set.

Han, Jango, Poe, the Falcon, the unique lightsabers, Luke...there are a ton of $10+ rares/legendaries right now.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Just got word from my distributors that starters are back this week but boosters won't be until the 22nd. Great.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I beat an Amidala mill deck the other night with my "Mash two starters together" deck. His was designed to not do any damage. It came down to two cards in hand and two in the deck before I crapped out six damage onto Amidala. One of the keys of facing a mill deck is claiming the battlefield before they do :v:

I've found that playing against those mill builds, you need to have a solid opening hand. If you can drop some upgrades and support early on to put out some damage, they can mill you out all day. Just out-roll them!

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Deviant posted:

The man at my local tournament today who has bought six booster boxes was very upset when he lost to my Kylo+Stormtrooper+Stormtrooper deck made of 3 starters + 3 boosters.

Intimidate is a very good card.

How did they structure the tournament? We are trying our first event today and have 13 players. We're doing 75min rounds, best 2 out of 3. I feel like we will end up with a lot of draws and I'm interested to see how FFG structures the official rules. I feel like the game can play quickly if people are up to speed, and one-and-done feels bad if you lose to Grievous aggro in 10 minutes.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Merauder posted:

Do you know how Alliance's allocation compared against GTS/ACD/the rest?

Well if anecdotal evidence counts, this wave I requested 12 boxes each from ACD, GTS and Alliance. I got 8, 5 and 2 respectively.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

ShowTime posted:

My store requested "all they could get" and got allocated 2 from each of Alliance, SouthernHobby and ACD. 8 out of ACD seems crazy to me. They generally don't have poo poo as far as inventory goes. They must really like you to allocate you 8 boxes.

ACD is my primary distributor and I will sing their praises forever. I don't have nearly the same stock issues, mispacks, damages and other bullshit that I see with the others.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

ShowTime posted:

Who is your rep? Tamara is ours and I do love the personnel at ACD, but their website is poo poo and many times caused me not to order from them. I hear they changed it, but i'm no longer in the industry and don't know for sure. Alliance is hands down the worst at packaging. It's pretty laughable how they package some things.

I've got Davis, and he's awesome. I get the feeling I'm one of his bigger accounts so maybe I do get some special treatment. I dunno. Their new website is light years better than it used to be, on par with Alliance's ordering system. I'd love to spend more money with Alliance but I get tired of the constant mispacks and damaged merchandise. It's ridiculous.

Even though I use ACD primarily, I have several other accounts open in case I need to shotgun blast a release like Destiny. Allocations are still ridiculous right now, but thankfully a trickle from five different sources can almost make up for it.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

FFG is decent about replacement parts, maybe it would be worth a shot to call or email them and see if they'd be willing to replace the defective die?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

This dude is going to stream our Destiny tournament today if you guys want to check out a bunch of noobs rolling star wars dice.

Twitch.tv/victoryconditiongaming

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

FFG bumped the street date up to this Friday, the 13th. If your FLGS tends to be slow on the draw, tell them to talk to their distributors! I got boosters and starters en route from FFG direct, and ACD is shipping my allocation tomorrow for a Friday release.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

You paid $216 for an $85 MSRP box? JFC.

MSRP is $107.64. Packs are $2.99 apiece at MSRP.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Ah yes, the point in time where I ask myself "Why am I giving this stuff out at tournaments?". I guess I like my customers too much :shobon:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I mean I won't lie when I say that I was flabbergasted when I opened two booster boxes for in-store singles and added up the prices of the rares/legendaries and it totaled $487. But we also have roughly 30 people playing this thing locally so I'd be a fool to try and make a quick buck now when I could instead invest in the community and have it pay off long-term. It's sad that some shops don't see things that way.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

How did your league work? I want to fire one up at my store and am trying to figure out a structure.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Well yeah, no one preorders collectible game product before they even know if the game is good or not. That's pretty basic. They should have done a prerelease and released the starters a month before Awakenings and people would have been hyped for the game.

They debuted the game at Gen Con in August and for whatever reason all of us retailers went "meh" except for a few who were smart enough to realize how huge it was going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

So are we at consensus that there is at least 1 Force Speed per box?

We had 9 customers open boxes in store today, only 3 of them got Force Speed.