Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I'm running my first Destiny tournament tonight. It's just going to be a casual thing because my store doesn't have the tournament kits, so we're doing the same prize structure we use for Magic. Four rounds, and prizes based on record. 4-0 would get 9 packs of Magic, which is $27 store credit, 3-0-1 gets 6 packs, so $18 credit, and 3-1 gets 3 packs, or $9 credit. If anyone has a better way for a four-rounds-and-done structure, let me know! In Magic, usually people who are 3-0 going into the last round intentionally draw their last round so they're 3-0-1. I can't find anything in the tournament rules about intentional draws in Destiny, but I guess I'll try it this way for now. This has worked for us for Magic for about eight years, so it's worth a shot as a baseline. I have some things I want to give away to new players (playable commons, a couple of the lesser point characters I bought for $2, etc.). I wish we had actual packs of Destiny for prizes, but there are none on Long Island.

It's in Selden, NY, which is in Suffolk County, Long Island, at 7 PM. If anyone's even near there, which I doubt, PM me for details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

guts and bolts posted:

I am an idiot for not running Riposte in the eHan/eRey deck. Seriously, loving stupid

I was just deciding what to cut for it!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Only five people at my Destiny tournament last night. Card gamers, man. Next week should be a little larger, because lots of people had reasons not to be there. We ended up just doing a round robin with one person getting the bye every round. At the end we had one person undefeated with eBala-Tik/Jango/Stormtrooper, and three people tied for second place, including me. Since I was getting store credit for running the event anyway, the other two wanted to do a playoff for second place. We started at 7:15 and technically played six rounds worth of time, and ended at 10:15.

The decks were:

eHan/eRey, played by myself
eBala-Tik/Jango/Stormtrooper
eKyle/eDooku
Rey/Finn/Hired Gun (this guy was very new)
eJango/Stormtrooper/Stormtrooper

I played my version of eHan/eRey inspired by guts and bolts. I added two Ripostes, which didn't do much because I didn't mulligan aggressively enough for ambush stuff (or just plain forgot the opportunity to put a shield on Han). My two losses were both to the decks with Stormtroopers. I ignored the Stormtroopers, and at the end they picked up some weapons from redeploy and rolled 6 damage that I couldn't do anything about. Both times I was about to win next turn, pretty tense!

I think I'm taking Hyperspace Jump out of eHan/eRey. I never had the resources for it and I think Dodge does just as well there. Infamous seemed a little too slow, but I'm probably not playing it correctly. I definitely need more practice with the deck.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

guts and bolts posted:

I've been experimenting more with mono-blue villainy and finding I might actually think that eKylo/Vader has legs; it's not amazing, but I don't think it's complete crap, either. eKylo/eDooku just doesn't have the same gas in it, to me. Also? I think that FFG has to be incredibly careful about printing Hero uniques who can be played at <=10 points, because Luke Skywalker is really good. I've been on a tear with a mono-blue Hero deck (eLuke/Rey) that I mostly made as a joke and it's just been slaying some people. His ability lets you go and get at the very least a reroll, and sometimes will grab you something game-changing like All In. He's got 12 HP and monster die faces, including a valuable Focus side and a 3 damage side that doesn't cost any money. He's cheaper to play than Vader is and is, in my estimation, better.

That said, I still want to try for an eLuke/Ackbar setup at the next tournament, and I'm still working out what to include. eHan/eRey remains an effective deck and it's really fun, but with everyone teching for ranged damage I'm kind of excited to show someone exactly what All In can do with an eLuke and his lightsaber equipped.

The metagame is really shaping up to be all about ranged damage, yeah. eLuke is really vulnerable to die removal, because he's going to be the only hitter on the team, so All In is his best shot.

I think Blue Villain is so good, but it's also the most expensive deck. I still don't have Force Chokes or Kylo's Lightsaber or more than one Vader, and I have a playset of almost every other card.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

(New post since completley different topic)

Let's talk trades again.

Needs @ 2/7 http://pastebin.com/WtZSiEfD
Haves @ 2/7 http://pastebin.com/Y72GNGvY

I'm looking to start maybe turning some of my excess rares into legendaries at a many-to-one if necessary.
Other things are available on request, the above Haves is just what I have >2 of.

Full collection: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eMHzTQ3zz8xNcojcmONq61HcHJWJVsHtrFCW7hQhQVs/edit?usp=sharing

Let's see if we can't fill some gaps here.

I would like two Jetpacks. I know I have an extra Phasma and Padawan, I'll check later for sure.

I'm also looking for two Force Chokes, if anyone has them. I don't have a ton of Destiny stuff extra, but I do have tons of Magic cards.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Benthalus posted:

Carbon-Freezing Chamber is going to make fast or action economy decks like eJango/red or eRey/eHan incredibly powerful.

Also really good with Outpost. But Outpost is potentially really bad if it can't nab the Chamber's claim, so better go first or run Hyperspace Jump.

I can't wait for the day when there are multiple decks relying so heavily on their battlefield that there's a lot of back and forth Hyperspace Jumps.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Deviant posted:

BJPaskoff,
Did you still want the two jetpacks?

Oh, sorry! No, I think I'm going to hold off making a second deck with Jetpacks.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

I usually netdeck, go to an event and play the deck I copied, then make changes based on how those games went

It's good to have a base to start from

This is the best way to learn what's good. I'd rather netdeck while playtesting instead of playing in a tournament with the exact list posted online, but that's just my personal preference. Now that I've played with and against a bunch of netdecked lists, I know what cards are good, and if I put a team of characters together I can come up with a list that's two or three cards at most off from the "best" tournament winning list online. I'm not bragging, it's just that the card pool is limited enough that knowing how to build to a character's strengths leaves me with practically just enough options to squeeze together a 30 card list.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

That is a reason i'd never deal with Facebook trade groups. Ebay at least has anonymity. People love to comment on stuff like that and there is none of that on Ebay. I'm probably going to get rid of a bunch of my stuff and keep 1 deck. I'm not sure what is going to happen with this game in the future. Will they reprint Awakenings? When? Will people still be playing when that happens? What is Spirit of Rebellion going to do to the game? Worlds is coming up and it looks like no one will be getting any Awakenings before then and SoR won't be out in time, assuming it does come out on the rumored release of 4/28.

The release of this game has been unlike anything i've ever seen. I can't even think what Magic would be like if their newest set was sold out everywhere and people couldn't get any packs.

I'm the most hardcore Destiny fan I know, and even my optimism is starting to wane. My LGS owner heard rumors, I don't know from where, of another shipment that was supposed to arrive this week. It didn't, of course, and no one is playing it. I'm into the game for about $300. I could build a third solid deck if I had 2x Force Choke, 2x Kylo's Saber, and 1x Vader, but that's $180 I'd have to drop on a game that might be worthless if SoR bombs for any of the following reasons: it sells out just as fast and completely; it drives up demand but people can't get Awakenings for the staples (which rise in price by a lot); people such as someone I know preorder as many boxes as they can from as many stores as they can to make a profit on eBay; or no one buys it because it's too late and everyone's gun-shy about sinking more money into the game.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Those niche games just die around here (Long Island), which is why I'm extra salty about it. It won't be a rich kids' game, it won't be a game I get to play among a small group of friends, it'll just completely die out.

On a more positive note, I am excited to see what's in the new set, the upgrades and events more than the characters. I've got a Leia/Ackbar deck that is great, but is literally using every red and gray card that can possibly fit in the archetype. Some more hero/neutral guns and that deck's going to open up. Same with Han/Rey, it needs more ambush cards to be more consistent. I was excited about the prospect of a Grevious/Raider/Raider deck, but there aren't nearly enough supportive cards for it in Awakenings and that could change in SoR. All the red villain cards in Awakenings are about disposable non-unique red characters.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
A source from someone on Facebook who was at ToyFair said:

quote:

Destiny starters are supposed to be back maybe in March. New Destiny boosters are slated for hopefully April or May, and they have decided to do a very limited reprint of the first boosters, but they probably won't be available until summer.

Doesn't sound promising.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

Yea I saw that. I expect booster boxes of awakening to be at $300 in April. Kind of wish i'd held onto mine.

I don't expect singles to get much higher than what they are though. For some reason people would rather pay more for a blind booster box then the singles from a booster box. People can be weird. The only singles I expect to get higher would be Sith Holocron, Holdout Blaster and Jetpack. I think the two best decks going into worlds would be the Force Villain deck and the Jango/Bala-tik variant decks.

This is exactly why Game of Thrones didn't take off here. Even though it was a great game and everyone I demoed it to loved it, everyone said no sir when they found out there weren't randomized booster packs to buy. It's also why, even though there are enough singles in my LGS's showcase to make at least three complete decks, everyone just looks at them, frowns, and laments that they can't play because the store doesn't have any packs.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger and buy two Force Chokes, two Kylo's Saber, and another Vader.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I had a box of what I thought was empty wrappers in my car. Turns out there were three packs still in them! I'm giving out one tonight at random at my Destiny tournament to try to bribe people to come out and play. People have decks, they just don't play because there's no packs.

The tournament's in Selden, NY, so if anyone's around there, ask me for more information.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Freaking western Long Island, man. All the stores down there are at least 40 minutes away from me, but it's where all the gaming happens that isn't the top tier of games (your Magic, Pokemon, Warhammer 40k, etc.). I went there tonight to play some Destiny, and there were nine players while I struggle to get more than two people besides myself to show up. I brought Han/Rey because I figured it was tier 2-ish enough and expected lots of Vader and Jango. Apparently everyone had similar thoughts, because there wasn't a single Jango (that I remember seeing). I went 3-1, with my only loss to a mirror match where my opponent looped Second Chances better than I could. Action economy and being able to claim to get that Second Chance back is the only thing that matters in that mirror match.

There were only four rounds, and the top two got prizes in store credit. I thought both the top two were 4-0, but that can't happen with nine players, right? Must've been a 4-0 and a 3-1 who got second on breakers. It sucks that I didn't get anything for 3-1, but at least it was valuable tournament experience.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
One final print run of Awakenings arriving in June. Then no more, ever. A new core set is coming at the end of the year. All expansions will be one printing and then nothing.

People on the Facebook groups are flipping their collective shits over the news. A core set rotation is par for the course in CCGs, but many Destiny players don't have a CCG background. It's possible the one printing of expansions might be enough, but then again this is Fantasy Flight we're talking about here. Annual core sets to rotate out bad cards and reprint the ones they want to keep in the game is a smart move.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

One single print run of expansions sounds insane

I'm trying to be optimistic, but if Spirit of Rebellion sounds like it's not going to be in stores, I'm going to sell any boxes I preordered when the price spikes and then enjoy Awakenings as its own game or build a cube or something, I don't know. The game is too good and fun to write it off completely.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

I must be skipping over it. Where does it say there is a set rotation? I just see they will print a new core set along with new expansions after a year, not that the old core set or expansions rotate out.

Edit: To clarify, i'm asking if they say in there that the old core set and expansions will no longer be tournament legal. I understand the print runs rotating out, but will the older stuff not be playable?

"Base set" usually has that meaning in TCGs, so I'm making a logical assumption there. They'll probably have formats, because some people are waiting until June for Awakenings and then the new core set is (in theory) replacing it in November/December, six months later. It would be smart for them to reprint a lot of Awakenings in the new core set to make sure people can keep playing with those cards, also.

The one-print-run situation is FFG trying to mask the fact that their printing capacities are much smaller than what Wizards of the Coast has. They know they can't print two sets at once, so to get expansions out at reasonable rate, they have to run the next set before the printing press even cools down from churning out Spirit of the Rebellion dice and cards.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

People are going crazy with this news. The subreddit thread on this makes it seem like the world is on fire. I had some Ebay auctions up and I took them down. I'm not sure if this is going to seriously harm the game or make prices skyrocket. I'm glad i'm not too heavily invested in case the bottom does fall out.

At least it's some word from FFG on the game. The weeks of quiet were hurting the game and people were selling their collections all over the place. At least people are talking about the game now.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Also, playing Star Wars Destiny is like yacht racing compared to x-wing right now. Playing hyperloop would tarnish one's standing with the rest of the aristocrats and high society folks who can afford to play.

My boys at the dressage club really appreciated this joke.

People aren't always playing Destiny in a tournament setting, and in casual games the loop accomplishes nothing. Players win with hyperloop because it tries to get ahead on damage and will therefore win that tiebreaker when time runs out, but without a clock it's just "okay, well we're done playing this game, I guess...." If they're trying to set up the loop in a way they can actually win, which I think is possible through some ambush shenanigans with Rey involving some discard rolls somehow, well, there's no way in Awakenings to reliably pull that off. That much effort is then better spent on building a deck that can win the old fashioned way and leaving out the combo entirely.

Benthalus posted:

Had a 31-player Win-a-Box tournament this past Sunday. I came in with Han/Rey that had been doing really well (3-1 each of prior 3 weeks), and had the worst luck of my Destiny playing career, going 2-3 overall.

So I was right, Poe/Rey dominated (and was the only undefeated deck) while my Han/Rey was very competitive.

It's kind of cool that the metagame is still evolving even with product shortages and stuff. Poe was mostly overlooked early on.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The last hold-out of my friends just posted his collection for sale, the guy who messaged me at least three times a week to make sure I was still holding onto my cards. And absolutely no one showed up for my weekly tournament last night (as opposed to the average of two players). It took away my only avenue for store credit, because I switched with another Magic judge so he could judge FNM and I could judge Wednesday Destiny and get the same amount of store credit... but not if no one shows up. I'm starting to regret both my optimism that the game can recover, and my holding onto $800 worth of cards.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

siggy2021 posted:

Sorry about your bad luck. We still have a minimum of 10 show up to our weekly league night, 15-20 show up to bi-weekly tournaments (depending on if we have actual prizes or not), and even had 2 brand new players this week at the league.

This is all at the one store I go to, I know of a few other stores that run various things but I can't devote all my time to gaming or my wife will murder me. The game isn't dead here and I'm still optimistic about the next release. Starters coming back into stock and the June refresh of Awakenings will hopefully breathe new life into the game and expand the player base.

My LGS has the prize kits coming in, which will be my last ditch effort to get players before the May/June new releases. I think the prize kits have a good chance of attracting the players from 40+ minutes west, especially because I know we're going to offer more store credit than the place out west gives out.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

That Overkill card with Baze looks like a great addition to Ackbar+Guns/Troopers deck

Also with Awakening!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
My store just got a message from someone asking if we were running the SoR prerelease (yes) so there's some interest still. I'm probably holding onto my extra Awakenings stuff because if SoR draws people in, they're going to need Awakenings cards. I'll sell at lower than eBay prices to build a local community. If SoR's supply and card pool is strong, then the game could take off despite Awakenings packs not being available. My theory for that is based on Magic. In Magic right now, the newest set is Aether Revolt. The Standard format isn't just that set, it's also slightly older sets including the one right before it, Kaladesh. New players exclusively want packs of Aether Revolt, and tend to buy singles from Kaladesh and older sets instead of buying packs, even though packs of Kaladesh are the same price as Aether Revolt.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

thocan posted:

Same for me on the x wing/destiny split. I haven't actually been to a tournament yet. We keep pushing back doing one until we can drum up more interest, but I feel like not running one is starting to erode interest.

It's much worse to schedule a tournament that doesn't get enough players to run properly than it is to not run one at all.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

If that is the case, best time to sell is probably now, and then rebuy when it's rereleased.

I haven't played in three weeks, and the next time I know for sure I'm playing is next Thursday. I can't wait for a reprint so more people get into it, but time is money, and it's going to be time consuming to rebuy everything once it's re-released. Plus you'll have that period of time where everyone's cracking packs and building decks and you won't have anything to play them with until you buy a new collection.

I am getting rid of my extra stuff, but I'd already planned on that.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Elblanco posted:

So, someone hosed up big time and now we have ALL of SoR in polish spoiled haha. What do you guys think of it?

It looks great! Lots of action economy breaking, and I think Han/Rey is going to be even more of a monster because of better ambush cards.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
We had fifteen people show up for the prerelease, which surprised me because I didn't think we were going to get anyone. Apparently people were making the drive to every NY/NJ/CT store they could to get as many packs as possible. There were lots of stories about stores getting boxes in and not running events, instead holding them to sell on eBay or any other way they could mark them up. I should've sold my packs because there was nothing good in them except a Baze, but everyone had a lot of fun playing and talking about the new cards, so it was a success.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ultiville posted:

Hopefully Asmodee/FFG crack down on this sort of thing, it's pretty poisonous.

They can't stop players from selling the packs they bought but didn't open, but they can impose sanctions on stores hoarding boxes to sell. It's not always obvious which is which, or at least not obvious enough to prove within reason.

Some guy who grinded a bunch of prereleases in the Northeast managed to put together an ePalpatine deck, and it is brutal. Probably easy to metagame against, but most Awakenings-only decks will have a very hard time against it. The free four damage a turn is crazy. Even when I had spot removal, the fact that even his resource side did 2 damage meant there were so many more dice to worry about.

Edit: He also had a Jyn/Akbar deck. Jyn is amazing and makes many yellow events go from fringe playable to incredible. It's amazing what a difference one resource makes.

LifeLynx fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 3, 2017

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Benthalus posted:

Well at this point any unopened boxes of SoR would be from a preview kit, so it'd obviously be a store selling. It's hard though, because FFG still wants stores to buy the product for sale later and it's still a game in infancy. But given the demand and sales numbers, I think FFG will have far more leverage in the future.

Most of the serious players here did 2 events Friday night, 4 events Saturday, then 2 events Sunday playing only a single tournament at the first on Sunday. I don't have that much motivation and am happy to wait for my retail boxes. I did play against a eKrennic/Trooper deck Saturday, but that was an FFG employee with a little better access to cards.

As for ePalpatine, he's very fragile to removal and disruption. Most of hist sides can be Electroshocked, Deflect is dangerous, Use the Force once they're out of cards to discard, Unpredictable prior to any of those hoping for a blank. If you can take out they're resources, the lack of upgrades is going to be a much larger handicap than decks running 4 character dice already. I'm pretty my current Rey/Han would have little trouble against ePalp.

I was playing Han/Rey against it. I did the double-ambush disrupt first turn, but he unfortunately had a Holocron that he rolled a special into... I want to say Force Choke? He had three force abilities on at the end and I forgot which came first. If I put Second Chance on Han and/or had some more ambush cards to give him shields to absorb the damage spread, it would have been a much closer game.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Benthalus posted:

Well that's just poo poo luck for you (and excellent luck for the opponent). Any game against any opponent that starts with a Holocron special and another Force ability in hand is going to end poorly, whether it's ePalp, Vader/Raider, Kylo/Dooku or whatever. Especially when your Second Chances are at the bottom. Believe me, I've been there many times.

I guess you're right, I was super tired and my opponent was super hyper and even though it wasn't a game with any stakes, it still put me on tilt.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ultiville posted:

They have leverage in this case since my understanding is that they have to approve stores to run the pre-release events like this. Certainly they could set it up such that they have to, and the one I ran for Awakenings wasn't just "order it from the distributor", you had to apply.

Not sure if they did that with SoR though.

Also if you play in the Northeast we almost certainly have at least contacts in common. I was the Events Manager at Pandemonium in Boston until the start of this year (left to start my own store in Western MA, which is why I don't know about SoR sanctioning - store opens tomorrow so I missed it).

I don't have many contacts yet as far as Destiny goes, but I've heard of Pandemonium from Magic.

FFG did have to approve stores getting prerelease kits. Stores aren't afraid of rubbing FFG the wrong way yet, I don't think. FFG is going to have to fire some warning shots if they don't want stores to walk all over them when it comes to hoarding product to sell at inflated prices, applying for kits and selling the promos online, etc.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

So, Hyperloop + Planetary Uprising sure is a thing. A broken mess of a thing.

I hope they just ban Hyperspace Jump already. There's cards in SoR that do a similar thing much more fairly. It's not unbeatable, but there's already the specter of the product shortage over the game's head, it doesn't need another thing to discourage players.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Ultiville posted:

On the one hand, I guess the deck not winning via "one weird trick" of the tournament rules is in an important sense an improvement.

On the other, yes, this deck should not be a thing.

The bad thing is the deck still has the nuclear option, in a tournament setting at least, of running out the clock if its pilot feels they're in danger of losing and they haven't landed Planetary Uprising yet.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's possible to kill a character with Crime Lord in about two minutes from the start of the game thanks to Unkar Plutt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIQqCJT3y_g

I haven't been following spoilers too much because I want to be surprised when the set comes out. It's not like Magic where I have to prep for limited. But apparently there's a super fast deck with Planned Explosion and also a deck with FN-2199 and 24 weapons, and also of course the Hyperloop. Lots of low-effort combos in the new meta.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm starting to have serious doubts about the design team behind this game (or cards, more specifically).

I almost can't believe that no designer or playtester saw FN-2199 and said hey let's try a deck that's just full of weapons and see what happens, so if that deck is actually super powerful I'm going to be a little surprised.

Hyperloop was a little obscure and I think it even took players a while to pick up on. I'll give them a pass for it existing, but not for it getting a win condition now.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Chill la Chill posted:

:lol: Someone got really butthurt that Aaron doesn't post lists from the Stele Open. It was specifically Destiny, but you can look at list juggler online and X-wing is also absent. There's a huge rant and it's ongoing on fb right now but the relevant bit is below:

:lol: I guess it's just like MTG where people care way too much about what top __ played just so they know what the ~metagame~ is. I've seen people who cared about that for x-wing too but I wouldn't know since I don't really follow x-wing online.

On topic, I hate that there is the Destiny Shapers Facebook group and the Star Wars Destiny Facebook group and they both have 95% the same people posting in them, so I get to see the same posts twice in my feed. I imagine the only reason the two groups aren't merged are the egos of the admins of the groups.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The only thing FFG is guilty of is not hyping the game enough before preorders closed. People say "It's Star Wars, they should have known!" but that doesn't mean anything to the average card gamer. It's not anime with a TV show attached, it's not grabbing their attention. There could have been demos and maybe even some sort of LCG style base set release with two additional starter sets before packs came out. It wasn't just that it was a card game that hampered its preorders, it was that it was a relatively unique and unproven style of game.

This is just my local circle, but no one wanted to try it because of the random factor of the dice, the fact that the dice were bright and colorful, and the only comparison being Dice Masters. We're not distributors or in charge of ordering product though, so maybe our preconceptions didn't mean that much.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

I forgot to take back my blanket statement of Luke being bad, he is good with Maz

I haven't gotten to play with or against Maz yet but from what I hear I'm already sick of Poe/Maz.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I hope there's an annual set rotation of some kind, along with good reprints in core sets. Netrunner's model of rotating cards out after four years or however long is laughable. This is a TCG, and although I know the playerbase isn't used to TCGs and will complain about rotation like they do about singles prices, it's for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

canyoneer posted:

Honorable mention:

Maybe I won't sell all my cards and quit after all. :rolldice: