Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

Errata-ing everything as a solution instead of just doing a ban/restrict list is the dumbest poo poo.

Power level errata sucks and Magic stopped doing it eleven years ago.

Meanwhile I've barely played any post-SoR games because everyone sold their cards in the seven month drought of Awakenings availability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It's sad that we don't know what this Force Friday thing is. Stores bought it and want people to show up, but they can't advertise it. People are speculating it's a Destiny two player set or a secret prerelease, but it's tomorrow and we know gently caress-all, right?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Hauki posted:

Yeah, it's kinda mind boggling to me. I can't imagine blind preordering as a retailer without even knowing like, what the gently caress product line something belongs to. It's like someone wanted to try and build hype but didn't actually think about the implications of their marketing stunt for more than two seconds.

It's even more mind boggling that it comes out on a Friday. People have plans on Fridays, any hype is going to be cut down by people not waiting around to see if Force Friday is worth attending. At least we'll know what it is tomorrow morning when retailers get it and crack it open and post it on social media.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I always feel silly when I try to read the partially obscured cards and realize I can just scroll down to see them fully. I feel like they didn't always show the full version of the partially revealed cards; they must have realized how annoying it was.

I want three of these, two for complete copies of all the cards and one to be a demo - one that hopefully works better than the original starters where the Rey deck was far superior.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

Hoping a online site puts up the two player box set. Maybe even Amazon

The worst thing FFG could do with this would be a one-shot deal for Force Friday, so... I'm worried that's exactly what they'll do.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I got one from The War Store. They're a big retailer, but they only got about a dozen in, and they told me I was one of a couple of people who already called to reserve one.

It's two 22-card decks, and they look fun to play against each other. There's a lot of character-specific bonuses on cards, so it'll really resonate with players that they're playing their favorite characters instead of just another game with numbers. Kind of cool.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Wezlar posted:

I believe you can immediately flip them for 50 dollars on ebay.

They'll be legal for Canadian Nationals but not available in Canada! :lol: FFG

Nah, they're still $30 or less on eBay (some went for $10-15 BIN :shrug:) A couple went for $50 on eBay on Friday, and I'm guessing that people panicked because their LGSes only got a couple of copies in and they couldn't get to a Target, so they assumed it'd be like every other FFG release and be unavailable if they didn't act right then. Target has a bunch in stock, but I'm guessing they don't ship to Canada or you wouldn't be posting that.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Empress Brosephine posted:

I talked myself out of getting boxes. I'm moving to a place that the nearest game store is like three hours away. Might even get rid of my Awakenings set and just play in TTS exclusively. :/

My store got a bunch of boxes in, but I don't know if a single pack has sold. I'm not buying any yet. I have been craving a game of Star Wars dice, so I'm planning on using the two-player set to lure people in and hopefully start a new group. When the starters first came out, I'd used them to get about a dozen regulars, but they all sold their stuff during the Great Drought.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Where's the best place to sell cards for this game? I've got a bunch of extra stuff from Awakenings because I bought collections from everyone quitting.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Hauki posted:

EBay's probably your best return, but I know some people have had luck essentially grabbing store credit and turning it into cards they want. I'm not sure how well tcg player works out for the seller, I thought fees were higher than eBay though.

What're you selling? There's still a few cards I'm looking for to finish a play set.

From Awakenings:
Force Choke
Han Solo 2x
AT-ST
Captain Phasma
Commanding Presence
Luke Skywalker
DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol 3x
Padme Amidala
Holdout Blaster
DH-17 Blaster Pistol
Jetpack
General Veers
Cunning 2x
Jango Fett 2x

And a bunch of bulk rares. What are you missing from Awakenings? I might be willing to break up my playsets.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Red Hood posted:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/38/a7/38a7c28b-8a85-4426-9fc2-d8fac35eb8bb/swd_rules_reference_15.pdf

New RRG is out.

2P Phasma +1 point.
FN2199, Awk Poe, Unkar +2 points.
Vibroknife is "this die or this die modifies".
Imperial Inspection is "set aside after use".
Can now discard to reroll zero dice.
It's A Trap and Hear of Battle both 2 dice max.
Redeploy clarified.

My Leia/Ackbar "It's a Trap!" deck was so fun.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played in a while, even though I love the game. I have almost a full set (plus some extras) of the first set, and a lot of the second set. Trying to sell them in the local groups but no one's biting. Are those cards still usable?

I'm still a member of the Destiny discussion group on Facebook, and in the past two days there's been some war going on where people are shitposting and the admins are fighting and changing the title to shitposty things. Today it was changed to "FYAD: Game Dead So What".

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Well I went through all my cards and decided I'm just going to sell everything. If anyone wants an instant collection, let me know in a PM! The scene is dead around here. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Some guys ran a demo night at my LGS the other night, and got a fair amount of people! In total maybe twelve players? I was disappointed to learn that all of my Awakening and Spirit of Rebellion cards are rotating out of Standard next month, but at least I can salvage some value out of the cards on eBay. They let me play a few decks, but I had the most fun with a Jar-Jar deck that focused on indirect damage. Forcing the opponent to choose where my damage goes was a lot of fun, as was activating Jar-Jar when they had some scary damage output on their dice.

Some of my cards are still useful, mostly a few spot removal commons/uncommons, Crime Lord, Lightsaber, etc., so this seems like a good time to get back into it if I can do it for cheap.