Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Played a few games last weekend here a well, completely underestimated how powerful a Elite Luke + Akbar aggro deck is (unfortunately it was my opponents, not mine). Being able to instantly combo out 5-8 damage with all-in is nuts.

Built a shield based Qui-gon + Elite Leia deck which can absorb a heap of damage and let you chip away as them which worked quite well, will definitely need some tweaking though

Going to try a Elite Veers + Elite Jango deck which relies on ramp to drop an early Crime lord or AT-ST since I got these in my booster box and want to find a use for them

Got 3 Stormtroopers as well, so will try some kind of deck involving them next i think

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Bottom Liner posted:

A SWD specific tip would be to include lots of ways to alter dice, both your own and your opponent's. And for deck building, try to keep the majority of your cards in the 0-2 cost range, anything 3+ should be one ofs or added very rarely.

Agree here, except in the case of weapons a couple of 3-4 cost weapons in your deck is usually key since you can replace old upgrades for new ones paying only the difference. Redeploy also gives them value for the whole game

Also keep an eye on the cards in your opponents hand because while they may have rolled crap into their dice pool which you plan around a simple discard and reroll can change the game completely. Goes without saying too make sure all your dice are in the pool before you discard to reroll.

If one of your characters is about to die and you can't do anything about it, make sure you spend as much of their dice as your can (make sure you are tracking this in a 3-4x stormtrooper deck especially if versing it).

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 6, 2016

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Merauder posted:

For people who have only purchased a little bit of the game so far, what's been your experience in pulling new Battleground cards from boosters?

People will give them away to you for free. I've got a whole bunch (100+) of spare battlegrounds and common/uncommon non dice cards that I've been giving away to my mates and whoever else wants to take them off my hands.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Pulled off my Ace in the Hole to Crimelord to rolling the special after my opponent claimed for a 1st round kill on rey tonight :v: had 2 spare cards in my hand for rerolls as well just incase.

:feelsgood:

Deck was the Veers + Jango one I posted earlier but removed something I Can't remember for aces in the holes and an AT-ST for another crimelord

Got it off in the 3rd round in another game too, love the reaction of people who don't know its coming

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 8, 2016

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

KongGeorgeVII posted:

Hi Jonesy, it's David the guy you crimelorded. If it isn't you then two people got crimelorded by very similar decks tonight.

What a loving game that was. 9 damage on Han turn one. Turn 2 Han kills Jango. Turn 3 and veers is half health but you pull out an ace in the hole crime lord for the win. Craziest game I've played by far.

Haha yeah it's me, small world!

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Someone at my local store has a misprinted Millennium Falcon (it's got an extra 3 discard instead of the 2 focus) I wonder if those dice will be worth more in the future like misprinted cards in magic are?

Ran this last night, seemed to work quite well (especially when you get the lightsaber in your opening hand) and only needs the 1 legendary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

guts and bolts posted:

This is what I've been using for my deck and dice, and it's pretty good. I wish the satin towers could hold more than like 9 dice in the bottom tray but alas and alackaday.

Put your tokens in the bottom tray, dice in the box. you can fit your deck + 18 dice (24 if your're careful with opening/closing). That's what I do anyway