Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Picked up the 2-player box this weekend and ran through the game with a friend and man, is it fun and do I wanna do some deckbuilding. I guess my local FLGS has a regular Destiny group that plays on Tuesday nights which is even more awesome!

What's the best way to get my card pool up? I know a 2nd core box of the 2-player is a good call, but after that, I'm assuming Booster Box + prayer? How much do I need to branch out from the new expac into the older two for cardpool?

And is there a deckbuilding database like some of the other CCG/LCGs?

Thanks for fielding the newbie questions I'm sure have been answered a bunch~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Went ahead and ordered a booster box from the new set. I pulled a Palpatine from my random boosters a few weeks ago so I'm hoping to maybe build a deck with him after seeing what else I get. I will need to find another Palpatine die, though...

How's the meta look nowadays with the errata changes?

Both of my local FLGS' do Destiny nights and on different days, so I'm excited to potentially bring a deck & cards to trade next week. Boosters come tomorrow!!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Here's my attempt at a "i only have one booster box but want to play and see how bad this is" deck:

http://swdestinydb.com/decklist/view/15488/spreadthepain-1.0

Idea was to move damage around to keep them on their toes while building up to some of the "deal damage to everyone" finishers. I might be able to do better with a different character instead of Seventh Sister but I pulled an ID9 also so I figured an extra die was probably good since I didn't think I had anyone else who merged well with Bossk (but maybe I should revist that, I do have a Palpatine who I kinda forgot about...)

Thoughts or suggestions for cards I should look at that might interface with this well would be great! Or letting me know this is trash and I shouldn't continue pursuing this tactic would be appreciated too xD

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

frgildan posted:

Did you pull any chance cubes?

Alas, I did not.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ah yeah that's a real good point. I should probs only run one of it.

I only have the 2-player starter.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Cool cool. Took out the two pulls & the extra Indomitable and swapped in Doubt, Your Skills Are Complete, and a As You Command for good measure.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So does this mean I️ need to pull all my 2p Starter Set cards from my current decks cause we aren’t in Legacies yet, or are they just going to drop all the old crap once Legacy releases and we’re officially in the next rotation?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I’m thinking about maybe seeing what my local scene is like with this with Store Champs coming up, but my collection is old. Is a booster box of Legacies still the way to go currently to supplement? Should I just be waiting for the next set? Anything like the Rebels draft pack I should get?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Does anyone have good meta recommendations for deck building? Is Destiny currently a “pick a gimmick and make it work with cards that support it” game like Magic can be, or is it more just “do the best generic good poo poo like remove dice and better at than your opponent?” I’m trying to put together a decent deck for Store Champs this Saturday but have very little idea what I’m doing, and coming off of LCGs the my currently limited card pool is killing me :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I’m trying to make a eBo-Koran / Neutral Anakin deck work. Her being able to slash yellow villain upgrades in theory should line up perfectly with his “ditch a hero or villain card schtick....except I’m not sure there are enough worthwhile yellow villain upgrades to synergize with them :v