Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Tried the 2nd evolution of my mill deck last night, won both games. It's Elite Padme and 2 Rebel Troopers. Between Command Center, Padme, Cunning, and Outpost it was routinely able to mill 4-8 cards off the opponents deck every round. It's just a race to keep Padme alive long enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
I've had no issues with FFG art sleeves, FWIW.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Went 10-7 doing staff challenges at our PAX South booth this weekend. Jango/Veers was my best performer, but I also brought Luke/Ackbar, Vader/Raider, and Han/Rey. Lots of Destiny!

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
They're shitheads for just selling at MSRP? Actually a little less? Seems more than a little unfair to TC. There's no shortage of stores charging ABOVE MSRP, given the shortages.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Benthalus posted:

I did play against a eKrennic/Trooper deck Saturday, but that was an FFG employee with a little better access to cards.

Hey, that was me! You must be my 2nd round opponent? I lost to Phasma/Guavian/Stormie in round 3, then went to the dog park. Poor targeting priority on my part in that one.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Benthalus posted:

Wow, small world! Maybe I should start asking my opponents about stairs in their house? That was a fun and close game, and pretty cool to play against the new characters. Of course, yet another where my Second Chances were at the bottom. I probably should have left earlier too, but making the cut and winning the first was nice. Honestly though the best of 3 was a little much at the end and I think everyone was burned out.

Also, :regd04:

I've never gotten to use that before

Yeah, I heard it was top 16? That's crazy, up to 12 more games after what I guess was 4 rounds of swiss?

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
If any of you happen to be at Star Wars Celebration, we'll be doing some staff challenges where if you beat us you get a Spirit of Rebellion booster pack!

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
I've played 36 games of Destiny in 3 days for the staff challenges at Celebration. More today too! ePoe/eMaz is bonkers, and eQui Gon/eRey improves a lot too. We've also had success with Jabba/Unkar/Royal Guard and eKrennic/Death Trooper.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Played 46 games of Destiny over the four days of Celebration, and I could happily play that many more. drat it is fun. ePoe/eMaz and eQui Gon/eRey (with SoR cards) were definitely the strongest decks for me. I was also surprised by how many people at Celebration brought decks!

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Bottom Liner posted:

This is painful to watch

You would think with FFG money these dudes could afford a basic hair cut

What you didn't like my hair? :D

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Merauder posted:

I thought you guys did a good job, from what I watched (the first match with Zach Bunn, and the final match). For being a thing you guys don't do every week like SCG casters or whatever, it was solid.

Hoping to be able to make it out to an event at the Game Center one of these days.

Thanks! Yeah, it's unfortunately something we don't get a lot of practice at, being a once-a-year thing. I do X-Wing all day tomorrow too though.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Did anyone here come visit us at SDCC and get the Luke and Vader promos?

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Doing staff challenges at NOVA Open this weekend. Today ran eHera/eMaz/Rookie Pilot with some success (and it's a ton of fun). Also ran Rey/eK2SO, 7th Sister/Magnaguard/Magnaguard, and eThrawn/eUnkar (mill machine). Tomorrow we'll be playing with the two-player box too, which I actually hadn't seen in advance.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Lump Shaker posted:

nice! tell us more! I'm really looking forward to Thrawn. And trying some of the new red characters with Vader.

K2SO caught a number of people unaware with his ability. It's expensive to put weapons on him, but Makashi Training is an ability, and then using the new 1-cost Bestow event, I can pass a lightsaber or something from Rey to K2, readying him (once per game).

Magnaguards with a battlefield that gives all your characters guardian while you control it, plus Cannon Fodder and The Best Defense. Got one of them to something like 15 damage just sucking away everything the other person could generate for the round.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
So this happened today. Took significant card luck and a decent bit of dice luck too. Won on turn 3 having killed 2x TIE Pilots and 2x FO Stormtroopers, plus another TIE Pilot after an Endless Ranks. All this was in play, although the 2nd U-Wing would have bounced to my hand at the end of the round. Was good for 31 damage all told that round.

Can anyone figure out how I got it all played? Never fear though, this is far from typical. The very next game I lost Hera and Maz by turn 3 :( Probably my favorite of the decks we've been using at NOVA Open, it just plays so different.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Yeah plenty of luck, and two quadjumpers with Hera for a 6 resource savings. Plus hitting with Rally Aid all three turns.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

siggy2021 posted:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get those two player mats ffg uses at demos? The one for spots for all the cards? I worked gencon demoing destiny and a million people asked if they could buy them. I thought it would be pointless since they only handled two characters a piece, but now that we're getting ready to do a learn to play event at our FLGS I realize having a couple would be super helpful.

No, there's currently no plans to make those a product.

Source: I'm the guy that hired you at GenCon. :)

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Merauder posted:

Two player mats for Thrones (and another one, was it Netrunner?) got made last year. Did they not sell well?

There is a 2-player mat for Destiny too. He's asking about the larger ones we made with spots for the starter characters and 3 upgrades each. They've only been at stuff like GenCon, PAXes, NOVA Open, etc.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
So draft is a thing now:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/16/rivals/

Having played it a bunch in testing, it is an absolute blast. Mixing hero/villain, more than 2x of a card, etc, you can get some really cool decks going.

To answer the top questions:
Yes it's all legal for constructed
$14.95, 9 dice, 20 cards
Reusable starter

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

bonds0097 posted:

Yeah, this looks awesome and I'm pumped for local events.

Any idea on release timeframe? Same as Legacies or sooner?

I'd imagine around Legacies though, due to the box art matching, but really don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Lump Shaker posted:

Do you know if there are multiple draft formats? I saw a reference to 20 and 30 card decks.

Also, anything else you can spill the beans on? ;)

After the draft you build a 20-30 card deck. So that way if you didn't get QUITE enough blue cards you can run short if you want.

There's also sealed format, which is 8 packs, no drafting.