Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

frgildan posted:

Also the lack of FFG cash prizes at high level events for a ccg seems silly. It's not like this isn't one of their best sellers.

Or just some kind of in-store support for regular events. Quarterly kits is a bad way of doing things on multiple levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Hauki posted:

I just wish they'd announce a goddamn release date (ditto for Rivals). We're supposedly getting quite a bit of product next Thursday, but no has a clue when it'll be legal for tournament play. Our regionals are coming up in like a month and I don't particularly want to play more R2P2, but gently caress if that's what it's going to take I'd like to know anyhow.

On top of that, we just learned that none of the Q1 kits will be in until the end of February, so all the random little weekly tournaments are just giving like store credit for the next 7-8 weeks. This apparently goes for all FFG games that get quarterly prize kits.

Give FFG's strained relationship with release dates I'm shocked we're four sets in with just a year or so down. But yeah really frustrating. Even my sales rep was having a chuckle when I was confused by ordering a "release event" kit for a product I'd just put on the shelf.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Nomadic Scholar posted:

A friend of mine recently got me into this game, and I was looking through the available heroes / villains to use and Dr. Aphra seems cool as hell to build around. So far I've done okay in games where I've had to borrow a Zeb/Kanaan deck. Though for now I've just got what I've pulled from a few packs I won. Who would be a good partner for the Droid Doc?

I’ve been trying her with Thrawn to no good effect, but to be fair mostly for silly reasons. Red is a strong choice though, as you get some droids and also Bubble Shield which is great if you do plan to deal yourself any indirect (though the droid discount is her better ability by far).

Seventh Sister is also interesting since you get the discount on seeker droids.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Somberbrero posted:

The promo prize support for this game is so awful, I have no idea how anyone can think it's okay.

Someone please tell me to stop buying boosters and just suck it up and buy what I need online. I work at a flgs and being next to them all day is a problem.

I feel like the idea is that the promos are supplemental to normal prizes. Unfortunately unlike Magic they are significantly not-free (not sure about regionals as it's been a few years since I did one, but Store Champs kits cost stores $70) and so unless you get a big turnout or charge a lot that doesn't work so well. I expect maybe 12 players for store champs so I'd be lucky to cover the kit at $5 entry. I don't mind doing it at a minor loss as a marketing thing so will probably do $10 with pack prizes, but I can see how some stores would. Sure it compares okay to Konami but they're the worst, so if you don't blow them out of the water you're doing something wrong.

Then again FFG actually seems to effectively have MAPs, whereas Amazon lists the D&D PHB for $5 over what WOTC charges me, so.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

I like Destiny a ton but never get it to the table, it was pretty dead locally.

Maybe now I'll open up all my unsold product and make a cube or something, heh.