Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

guts and bolts posted:

Wow I disagree with like half of those placements, sheeit

I do too. Except for Jyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

bowmore posted:

Tell me what you think

I'd move many of your fantastic picks down a tier. My fantastic line up would basically be: Darth Vader (Sith Lord), Rey, Dooku, Bala Tik, Jango, Maz, Death Trooper and FN-2199. Then basically everything else in Good/Pairing Dependent. Then in the Bad/Overcosted tier, Jyn, Outer Rim Smuggler, Chirrut, and maybe Finn.

Basically I think a handful of cards are amazing, most everything is just playable and a few cards are bad or need a lot of enablers to be good.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Hauki posted:

Interesting seeing other people's thoughts even if I don't necessarily agree though. I think I'm not nearly as excited about Death Trooper as some of you for example. I was fussing around with an eAurra/DTrooper list late last night, so I might try that out today. I want to try more Unkar lists. Still want to try out ePadme/Maz/RTrooper mill.

Deathtrooper is just a really powerful body for what you pay. 10 cost, 10 health, great dice. On top of that, not unique, which is great in red.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Has anyone found any stores purchasing SW Destiny stuff yet? I have a ton of bulk and trading/Ebay isn't working out too well. Games been out for almost two weeks and still the only place buying is MiniatureMarket, which is offering horrible prices backed by a bad company. CoolStuffInc used to be my go to, but the only card they are purchasing is Force Speed. I have a feeling most stores are just waiting to see how things settle, as I know CoolStuffInc was offering amazing prices for Awakenings stuff right after release and may have gotten burned. Awakenings was an entirely different release, but I imagine they are still playing it safe.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Well this is only the 2nd wave of a planned 4, possibly 5. Small sets like this one will also be less printed and only printed once, so they are meant to be rarer, kind of. Barnes and Noble is also in the game now, so they are getting some of the product. I can't imagine the other waves will be much bigger, because why would they be? It looks like product is getting shipped basically as it's ready, so the first wave would have probably been the largest, considering the time during production and until release would have been the greatest. The second wave is basically what was printed after the first wave shipped, so several weeks shorter. The next waves would follow the same logic.

All considered, I fully expect that the other waves will be just as short, maybe only slightly larger for whatever reason. I fully expect Force Speed to be an $80 card one day, since this set is small and that card is going to be so meta popular for a long time to come. Vibroknife will probably be a $25-$30 card, though being at rare instead of legendary might help with keeping it's value low.

Basically, buy your stuff now or expect to pay more later. If you are trying to spec on stuff, i'd go after Force Speed, Vibroknife, FN-2199, and Maz Kanata now before they start getting more and more expensive. They are going to be played for a long time to come. There are a few other cards as well but those are the big 4 from this set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
A lot of why some stores have little and some stores have tons is because FFG/Asmodee didn't base order numbers off of previous Destiny orders, but orders of their entire line. So stores that order tons of other FFG/Asmodee product had huge allocations if they wanted them, and why wouldn't they considering how popular the game was? But they don't have a local community that is consuming all that product so it just has to sit there. And only a few retailers can sell online, so those stores have no other way of getting that product out there.

Kind of a mistake but they probably didn't have many other figures to base allocations on considering there is only one other set.