Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Only if you run promo cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
If they plan on replacing the starters every year does that mean Rey,Finn,Kylo and the trooper are cycling out of competitive as well?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Did you pull any chance cubes? I'd also replace Lightsaber pull with electroshock,doubt or He doesn't like you. Not sure if you have them but with only 2 lightsabers pull feels wasted.

frgildan fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 7, 2017

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Also indomitable only works if your other two characters are dead. Which makes it a dead card till your losing. Do you only have the 2 player starter or do you have a Kylo or rey starter as Well?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

In that case I'd replace pull with a doubt and a your skills are complete. Skills isn't removal but it's close enough with your card pool.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Hauki posted:

As a counterpoint, I would happily run 2 light saber pull over say, indomitable and Jedi rival or something just for the sake of reliability. Yes, they'll be dead cards occasionally, but both of your light sabers are strong cards individually and one of them doesn't live up to its potential without the other. It also opens up the opportunity to use ancient's action, then fetch it back immediately. Regardless, it effectively doubles your chances of drawing into either. There's a lot to be said for consistency, especially in a deck that's mostly one-ofs otherwise.

Sure but if the deck is keeping the pull I'd replace rival with cross guard saber to at least make them a little more worthwhile. I'd drop the last indomitable and one of the anarchy to fit pull back in.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Another thing you might want to check out is the hyperloops budget build articles. The dedcks tend to be pretty cheap and pretty effective.

https://www.thehyperloops.com/guardianbudget/

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Empress Brosephine posted:

Knew I should’ve sold my awakenings set

Two years out of a cig set seems pretty good. Plus Awakenings is still good till December 2018 so I'm sure there's still buyers out there.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I'm a crazy person that owns a complete of playset Destiny and I'm psyched for rotation. It seems like a lot of people aren't approaching this like a ccg but an lcg. I've been trying to tell people to buy a few packs and a starter to build with or go online and by a deck they like and go from there.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

25 dollar a head tournament and 0 prize support? What did they advertise?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Yea for 25 bucks I'd assume a box was on the line or multiple game night kits. Hell if winning means you don't pay that means they gave out 25 dollars store credit you can't even use on product. Store sounds awful.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

bowmore posted:

That's bullshit, you should have walked away with something, gently caress those guys, they are a cancer on the hobby.

If they are an outside organization they could have approached FFG about what they were doing. Even if they just got there hands on a few of the community promos no one would complain about getting full art emperor throne rooms. Heck just approach a local store and see if they have a community if not see if they will order game night kits for you. There's tons of different ways they could have done it that would have taken almost zero effort.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

The NA preview release is being pushed back from the 4th to the 11th.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Also the lack of FFG cash prizes at high level events for a ccg seems silly. It's not like this isn't one of their best sellers.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

Ffg is not a cash prizes type of company

I get that but the fact is the prize support for Destiny is the same for competitive lcgs. A game I pay 90 to 130 dollars a year to stay competitive in like thrones and a game I pay ten times as much to like Destiny having the same prize support is nuts.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Yea x-wing has a larger and more stable player base. Though x-wing had six years to build that player base. Destiny has had just over a year now. Armada has a pretty small but dedicated group of players. I also feel design hampered Armada. For a game about big ship combat I felt the small fighters you chose to deploy decieded the game more then your big ships.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

A rock solid release date is one of the advantages of having your product printed domesticly.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

So did everyone's store get product? I'm about 7 cards off from a playset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

Hauki posted:

I got a giant "photo storage case" from Michaels or hobby lobby or something. It was about $25 with a coupon and holds... 528? dice split between 16 smaller boxes depending on how you pack them. They all slot into a bigger plastic suitcase kind of thing.

Yea this is what I use but the issue is legacies won't fit now. To be fair it holding a full playset of Awakenings,Spirit of Rebellion,Empire at War,Rivals and two player starter is still pretty impressive.

frgildan fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 18, 2018