Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Robocop rules and I like that at the end OCP wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pneub posted:

Those aren't anywhere close to being puns.

I should have said one liners, I apologise.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Irvin Kershner, iirc it was the last movie he directed.

The thing that bugged me about robocop 2 was how he tries to reconnect with his family/his humanity but they don't go anywhere with it.

It's also weird that he resolves the "too many directives" subplot like 30 minutes before the third act. That should've happened right before Robocop 2 going berserk.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Malfunctioning prototypes scene and boy scout family friendly robocop are the best parts of the second movie.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Malfunctioning prototypes scene and boy scout family friendly robocop are the best parts of the second movie.

I love the screaming skull prototype that kills itself.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh and ED209 getting stuck in a manhole

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Shaddak posted:

I love the screaming skull prototype that kills itself.

This scared me badly when I was a small boy. Between this and the suffocation scenes in Total Recall I can think o' Verhoeven for deeply etching that into my brain at a young age.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
These movies are so fun to watch. I'd play the heck out of Nuke 'Em.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Roughnecks was also pretty drat good as far as children's cartoons based off of r rated movies go

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

KakerMix posted:

This scared me badly when I was a small boy. Between this and the suffocation scenes in Total Recall I can think o' Verhoeven for deeply etching that into my brain at a young age.

I don't think Robocop 2 was directed by Verhouven.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
The Fourth Man is loving nuts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00_9xlJ098A

also the source of a very memorable death from The Descent (spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQY1pfmt_Zw

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In the beginning of Starship Troopers the humans are apparently capturing and slicing up bugs in high school classes, this is well before they are at war with them.

Also Carmen flies past one of the anti-asteroid guns before the asteroid attack.

False flag.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
just rewatched Hollow Man as part of a Verhoeven marathon this weekend, and some of the sexual assault material directly foreshadows his handling of similar material in Elle.

also, it contains this horrific moment :nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAZlTrlIs28 :nms:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

In the beginning of Starship Troopers the humans are apparently capturing and slicing up bugs in high school classes, this is well before they are at war with them.

Also Carmen flies past one of the anti-asteroid guns before the asteroid attack.

False flag.

Paul Verhoeven is a time traveler from the mid aught's. That's how he was able to predict the War on Terror so accurately, right down to the false flag that set it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

False flag.

The sand beetles are a separate insectoid species. The teacher marks a differentiation between them and the arachnids they fight in the film. She pretty much gives all the exposition on the bugs. They are individually stupid but the hive mentality allows them to form intelligent strategies.
I also find it interesting how the bugs lack all forms of air/space interception and rely entirely on ground based artillery for support against the fleet. And they still do massive damage.

• Locked thread