Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What will die first?
This poll is closed.
ROH 20 22.47%
America 69 77.53%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
THIS COMPANY IS loving DEAD. WHAT DO WE GET ON FINAL BATTLE, THE BIGGEST SHOW OF THE YEAR?

A "DREAM" MATCH FEATURING WWE CAST OFF "CODY"

OH AND HIS NXT CAST OFF WIFE WAS THERE TOO!

The big surprise of the show? More cast-aways here on the island!

Yep, The Hardy Boyz with a bad dye job. The has beens who can barely draw half the ratings as ROH are here to bury the roster.

And who are they going to feud with? Yep, TNA cast offs THE YOUNG SUCKS

Because the guys who have to wrestle in their back yard in TNA will draw so much money against a couple of skinny back yard spot monkeys.

GREAT IDEA DELIRIOUS

Oh and The Young Sucks are still the tag champs because they beat The Briscoes. Way to bury your young home grown talent, moron.

To try and cover up the fact this company is a bunch of Gilligans they put the belt on Kyle O'Reilly but I bet he's wrestled for WWE or TNA or some poo poo that's the only way to get pushed in this lovely company.

Also we had to watch a TV title without Bobby Fish because his mom passed away so instead we got Dragon Lee (not even the original Dragon Lee) vs a couple of British bulldogs. GREAT. Marty Scurll won. He's the TV Champ even though I watched this on the internet. Idiots. Go back to your own country. Can't this company push Americans?

The Trios Titles were won by some cast offs from some New England indies. Can't even push guys who got on TV? Wow. Now we're giving belts to indie sloppy seconds.

Upcoming Shows

There won't be any. This company is hosed. If they happen they will be posted here http://rohwrestling.com/live/upcoming-events-list and Dave Meltzer will lie about the attendance in the Observer because he loves TNA cast offs like Okato and AJ Styles. Mark.

TV

Under no circumstances should you give this company ratings. If you want to watch ROH and have a Nelson box SMASH IT. DO NOT RISK GIVING THEM RATINGS or they will think you like this company. You can find out more about the TV here but DO NOT GIVE THEM RATINGS http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

After Philadelphia the next TV tapings will be at Center Stage in Atlanta because they even rip off WCW now. Pathetic.

News

Because Delirious loves New Japan so much they will do another show with NJPW in that tiny building Meltzer loves.

They are going to be very aggressive signing more sloppy seconds. GREAT we can see more BROKEN DOWN Matt Hardys instead of real talent like the good home grown guys.

The 15th Anniversary Show will be live from Vegas because Sinclair wants to rip off Herb Abrams UWF.

DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY MONEY. DO NOT WATCH THEM. DO NOT GO TO THEIR SHOWS! JUST WATCH THE WWE NETWORK YOU WILL SEE ALL THE SAME GUYS 10 YEARS AGO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kaveman posted:

Why does everyone have a poo poo theme song

The champion of the company has the best theme song in wrestling, pay attention.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well, I for one am shocked at the Young Bucks signing a new RoH/NJPW contract. SHOCKED.

Young Sucks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH Talent Loss: End of the Line

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wouldn't be shocked if it will be tougher for them to get dates on Dragon Lee around the time of their next PPV. It's easier in the winter as lucha slows way down, but things ramp up in March during the build for Dos Leyendas.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Since I said it would be a good idea a year ago I will not backtrack and maintain a face Daniels run to the title is cool. He can win the belt he never could/decided to help Xavier win instead.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Racism and chairshots to the head, I am psyched for CHIKARA West East.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Where are Matt and Jeff finding these clothes

Matt's jackets look like stuff Shrine puts out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Legit the most important extension ROH had left to make.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Muddy Burphy posted:

Hmm.. sign with Evolve with a lot of freedom to work and a direct pipeline into WWE or sign with ROH who will actively try to keep you from making money.

About that pipeline...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NXT has proven you need to be at least 35 to be a prospect.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Muddy Burphy posted:

I saw a fake Billy Gunn top prospect graphic on Twitter and was sad that it isn't true

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/824788485152321536

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

duyarvish posted:

ROH has internal people who could probably do they job well (Alex Shelley is probably better off as a commentator or at least in a Corino type role anyway) but they'll just hire Joey Styles and use Whittmer because they're not too smart.

Whitmer would own though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

It's hard for me to come up with a wrestler I despise as much as Bull James.

AJ Styles hates gays, loves Trump and has questions about whether or not the Earth is flat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone been able to stand being in a room with Bull James long enough to ask him about these issues

I've got money on him not being a flat Earther.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

Trapping people in contracts when they want to go get paid more and holding their careers hostage is a weird stance to defend. I don't think that ROH are paying guaranteed salaries so releasing people from their contracts after being given ample notice that a wrestler is leaving seems pretty fair. It's going to be hard to convince people to stay loyal to ROH if they keep trying to sabotage anyone who might be picked up by the WWE, even TNA had suckered people like Styles into being loyal for years when they should have moved on.

They aren't trapping people in contracts and there are guaranteed money deals in ROH. What they are doing is challenging WWE's contract tampering which is preventing guys from signing with WWE when WWE had attempted to negotiate deals before their ROH deals were up. This sucks for talent and probably isn't smart short term for ROH, but letting a monopoly blatantly circumvent your contracts isn't either. I feel bad for the guys who are stuck in limbo, but ROH isn't freezing their contracts and forcing them to work for ROH. Eventually someone was going to challenge WWE's practices.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Can you imagine how terrifying it would be to block the plate against a charging Michael Elgin under the previous rules

"Man that Ewok is running awful fast."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I get bringing in the local name but man... man. Talk about a match I didn't know I didn't want to see.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

philly is loving awful though

It's a fun town.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
EVOLVE has Big Stoke so I can understand why people would rather be there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I don't really understand what Cody adds to a company like ROH. He's not really good and he doesn't really have any buzz around him. And he's probably more expensive than other dudes at that level.

All the money he draws which is somehow a real thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

When the only point you have left to stand on is "at least people are still showing up to this crap", you should stop trying to make points, ROHque

If they are regularly selling out buildings that's a sign that their product is really clicking.

Most of their houses haven't been that notable so eh...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tanahashi and Kushida come out and take pictures and sign their own poo poo after the shows if you give a minute or two after the end of the show. I'm pretty sure they pocket it all because they are cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last year I paid $10 to hold the IWGP Jr title and this year I paid $10 to tell Tanahashi that Go Ace is #1.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ultimo Guerrero and El Terrible in Lowell, I guess I have to go to another ROH show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Did RoH actually have its best ever buy rate? That sounds questionable as hell to me

But I'm sure they could "draw" 10k just like NJPW and WWE can draw 150k to any show they want

I didn't hear the final number but Final Battle did better than expectations and probably ended up as their best number. People were attributing it to Cody and honestly it wasn't the dumbest thought.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
They can't run MSG anyway so yes it'd have to be a venue like MSG and it's not gonna happen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheCool69 posted:

I wish they would have chosen Shocker!! (Is he still around??)

He is very bad and very unreliable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Last I heard Shocker was using regular Baker Street again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tomorrow marks 10 years since the Bryan Danielson/Nigel McGuinness match that aired on the Driven PPV.

The one with the the charging headbutt spot.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm sure EVOLVE's massive drawing power will be a big problem

However, putting the belt on Cody Rhodes will kill RoH

I've been dragging my feet on getting tickets because the card I expected (and am getting) isn't inspiring and ringside is already sold out with most of the first balcony sold out. Cody ain't killing ROH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cody is actually a better wrestler than Dalton Castle.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Disagreed on that, they are both pretty good, not great and I've seen Dalton in better singles matches than Cody. But Cody is a bit better at working the crowd and building a match so he's a bit more consistent. Dalton is a way, way better character and entertains me a lot more, as if that needs to be said.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

did we really need an 8 man tag on a show with 7 other matches, 4 of which are for titles

If the Rebellion had to disband it should be the main event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Better take some brain pills!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Oh hey they have a PPV this week

Gonna be their biggest non WM weekend crowd in history too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Ultimo Guerrero is a draw and should be in Dave's fake HOF.

Imagine if they booked Police Man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Frankly I'm surprised you haven't tried to book AwfulMania III with Big Daddy Yum Yum, Police Man, Kevin Nash, and Caristico

Briefly debated it years ago when I had my business with Scotsman but we abandoned it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Roque11 posted:

BITW another expected sellout crowd for ROH tonight. The only show taking place tonight that matters.

ROH considers 3,500 to be a record crowd meanwhile 3,500 is a bad Friday night crowd for CMLL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

ROH could fill bigger venues if they booked POLICE MAN

ROH will probably outdraw Police Man's Puebla crowd for the first time in history!

• Locked thread