Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Possible up side, Florida becomes a breeding ground for sweet 2:1 strains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
GBS stoner thread has more political commentary than dnd

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

“If Pelosi was serious about marijuana reform we would take a vote on the STATES Act, which would pass the Senate and be signed into law,” Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, said, referencing a bipartisan bill introduced in the Senate that would legalize marijuana. “But she isn’t. So we’ll do this instead.”

Mr. Gaetz added: “I prefer my marijuana reform not dipped in reparations policy, frankly.”

You only get to enjoy your silly little plant if 100% of the profits go to rich white men

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
^^ haha sweet

fuctifino posted:

it's a framework designed by greedy Canadian venture capitalists, Tory and Lib dem hierarchy, and all their greedy chums for them to be as rich as possible and still control the market. It's a protection racket, but its mere implementation has meant that the walls of prohibition are crumbling. It's difficult and time consuming now for the police to know for sure if someone is legal or not. There are more and more empty legal pots entering the black market. People are already counterfeiting the various cards, paperwork and pots for their own wares. There's no going back now.

I can openly vape weed in the park now, and there's gently caress all anyone can do about it.
I'm also sufficiently medicated with some pretty decent weed :)

I've been bumming a fair bit lately about the racket bit, so thanks for sharing that it's resulting in actual good things for the people. I'm in Alaska, where in the '70s the courts legalized home grow / personal use. We've had legal commercial now for almost 5 years. During the ballot initiative, there was some opposition saying "keep money out." Probably some of that was just dickhead prohibitionists using whatever argument they can, but I can see some truth to it. Of course there's some cool old hippy farmers who get to come out of the shadows, that's rad. But there's also, it's not even the people doing it, just the pressures of money that, it might as well be bitcoin. More more more, higher higher higher, faster faster faster. Bigger grow rooms, more electricity, more lights. For what? So people can do 1 g dabs? Do you actually get higher than we did doing a gravity bong with black market mids? Anyway, me being a grumpy old man aside, it's nice to know there's some tangible benefit out there.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
When blogs started dying out, the comments sections became appended with random spam bot posts. This is now happening to this website, only here it's a real person who pays $$ a day to make random spam posts