Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mortal Kombat will always have a special place in my heart. They distilled the videogamey part of the story down to the bare essentials and got it out of the way quickly, and then just focused on strange dudes beating up other dudes in cool locales. Plus it featured Christopher Lambert in probably his best role :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The Resident Evil movies also had a few scenes that were taken basically 1:1 from the game. Come to think of it, I actually kind of enjoy those movies. They're a complete trainwreck, but it's a trainwreck that the director just kept on polishing until it's the shiniest and most entertaining trainwreck around.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Alicia Vikander is the new Lara Croft for a 2018 Tomb Raider movie, which I can see being fun. The Tomb Raider games are no longer about "OMG LOOK HOW HUGE HER POLYGON TITS ARE" and I wonder if they'll integrate the Trinity storyline from the last one or just go in a totally new direction. I saw one of the Angelina Jolie ones on a flight once and don't remember much about it.

Yeah, the Angelina Jolie ones were extremely forgettable. The new ones could be decent, though, particularly if they go for an Indiana Jones-style deal that plays up the supernatural aspects and weird locales.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

I don't think I could even finish it.

I still wonder how they'd decided that loving Dungeon Siege of all games needed an adaption. That was just a decent but ultimately completely forgettable Diablo-clone. I don't think there was anything to the story besides "big bad army invades, plucky player character kills them all".

• Locked thread