Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Mortal Kombat 1, Super Mario Brothers and Street Fighter are the only video game movies that aren't complete horseshit.

The Silent Hill and Resident Evil films are tied for worst adaptation of anything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Baka-nin posted:

Not really that surprising, it had little to do with video games (I'm not that familiar with FF, did it have anything real connections to any of the games?) so it was essentially just a movie. And people were really impressed with the CG animation at the time.

it bombed both critically and commercially and almost killed square right before the square-enix merger

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

DoctorG0nzo posted:

Noticed a few different people mention Silent Hill. I hesitate to call it an actually good movie but it's well done atmospherically and actually shows chops visually. If you're in a more visual/visceral movie kinda mood it's mad good

If it wasn't attached to the Silent Hill named I'd have probably liked it way better but it is and I don't

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

achillesforever6 posted:

Man you'd think Sony would be trying to make an Uncharted movie by now

It would just be a bad Indiana Jones

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Turbinosamente posted:

I forgot they made a Max Payne movie until I saw it in a thrift store today. I didn't buy because I don't really care about Max Payne but has anyone here seen it?

For actual content, I first saw The Wizard about a year ago with Rifftrax behind it and man am I glad I wasn't around in the 80's to get nostalgic about it. It's a bland film out side the Smb3/Powerglove advertising. Was surprised that Rainman for kids is the plot they went with though.

It's complete trash and barely direct-to-video quality. Stay away.

A White Guy posted:

:cripes: Of course Goons are connoisseurs of the worst most godawful and utterly craptastic movies to ever defecate their way into theater. The puppets look loving terrible. Maybe, at some point in the '90s, they looked alright, but they haven't aged well at all.

As loving terrible as Resident Evil:Afterlife was when I saw it (well, strictly speaking, I didn't actually see most of it, I was in the same theater), I actually sat down and watched it one night and honestly, it's probably the closest thing to the absurdity of Japanese video games to ever make it into theaters. I love the look of it, I love how absurd it is, and I especially love this fight scene in particular for capturing that stupid sunglasses toss.

Holy poo poo, how does anyone enjoy the RE movies? They're so poorly directed, written and generally designed in every way. What is wrong with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
They're really poorly directed and acted and written and produced action scenes that aren't fun to watch witb your eyeballs though

• Locked thread