Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

:cripes: Of course Goons are connoisseurs of the worst most godawful and utterly craptastic movies to ever defecate their way into theater. The puppets look loving terrible. Maybe, at some point in the '90s, they looked alright, but they haven't aged well at all.

As loving terrible as Resident Evil:Afterlife was when I saw it (well, strictly speaking, I didn't actually see most of it, I was in the same theater), I actually sat down and watched it one night and honestly, it's probably the closest thing to the absurdity of Japanese video games to ever make it into theaters. I love the look of it, I love how absurd it is, and I especially love this fight scene in particular for capturing that stupid sunglasses toss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's complete trash and barely direct-to-video quality. Stay away.

Holy poo poo, how does anyone enjoy the RE movies? They're so poorly directed, written and generally designed in every way. What is wrong with you?

I don't watch movies to lose my sensation of disbelief anymore. I watch them purely to be entertained by either how well they're made or how awfully they're done. RE:A is just so bad, it's comical at points. It's like the actual video games - comically loving awful, but still trying to take itself seriously. Imagine if the first Saw had a pie in the face gag in whenever a new character got introduced, and you'd have an idea of how utterly disjointed the tone of the video games is.

Palpek posted:

I just can't wait for the upcoming big nerdy premiere next week!

Another video game movie, no way this isn't going to be an enromous steaming pile of-

quote:

Budget: $130-200 million

What the actual gently caress.

• Locked thread