Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

For all its faults, I still think the Prince of Persia film was a fun time.

Nipponophile posted:

There is only one video game movie adaptation I have seen that did not shy away from its source material, and instead was crafted as the perfect faithful adaptation.

This is the Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney film directed by Takashi Miike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIi44sSQCDs
Personally, my favorite clip of this is the one where Wright goes something like "so by "after Christmas Eve," you mean... Christmas?" and literally everyone in the room besides him falls over in unison.

FedEx Mercury posted:

I think it might be an unconscious reflex to make the movies bad as payback for movie video games being so awful.
Aladdin was fun, though.

Like, all three of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Dungeon siege(the video game) didn't even have a story.
I mean, it does, but it's so barebones that I prefer to go with Ross Scott's interpretation that you're a pissed-off farmer who's had it up to here with the Krug constantly razing their farm, so they grab a blunt object, start beating the snot out of every Krug in sight, and continue onward to push them further and further away from their farm, ideally recruiting seven more people along the way to form a Krug-smashing posse.

But even if Uwe Boll made the film about nothing more than eight farmers going postal on monsters with blunt objects and swords, with little justification beyond that, I have my doubts that he'd be able to pull it off successfully.

• Locked thread