Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mister Macys posted:

No. It was poo poo. It's only redeeming feature is the soundtrack. The fighting is slow,

slow enough to seriously injure a good chunk of the actors, I suppose

Hollywood Reporter posted:

Anderson: Robin would rate the fights. They would be a one, a two or a three. That would refer to how many ribs he bruised when he did the fight. The Reptile fight was a three-rib fight, so he really felt like he'd delivered for me. I remember Linden Ashby as well. He was eating Advil like they were M&M'S. We just kicked the hell out of him during that fight. I remember him coming off set going, "I've never been in so much pain in my life." And I'm like "How many ribs have you broken? Robin's broken three!"

Shou: For the Johnny and Scorpion fight, the difficult part was to convince Linden that he could do everything. He's an actor. He said, "Give me as stunt double!" and I go, "Linden, you can totally do this. The more you do, the more realistic and the more believable the scene is." He bought it. "Yes, you're getting beat up. You're bruised, but at the end you are going to look fantastic."

Ashby: I was fighting with Chris Casamassa [Scorpion], who funnily enough was my teacher. Chris did an ax kick to my kidneys in that fight. I had a pad on but his heel just came right between the pads and got me in the kidney, hard. I was peeing blood. It hurt a lot.

Shou: For my fight with Reptile, it needed to be a little bit more kinetic. I did everything in that scene. In one of the stunts, Reptile threw me and I hit this pillar and I actually fractured two ribs on that, because I didn't expect I'd hit the edge of the pillar. That was also my 10th take, so I was a little tired. But I didn't tell anyone. What's the point? If I told them I fractured the ribs, they're going to stop production and then there goes my Hollywood dream. I was hurting. I was taking a lot of Advil and then I continued the rest of the fight with two fractured ribs. I told Keith Cooke, who plays Reptile, "I'm hurt on the right side of my ribs so don't kick me there." I muscled through the fight and then went to the hospital.

quote:

the acting bad for direct to video,

eh. most of the actors are okay, and the guys who played Johnny Cage, Kano and Shang Tsung are outright awesome.

quote:

the effects cheap,

eh. hit and miss. the Reptile CGI is loving awful but the Goro puppet would look impressive even in a 2016 movie.

quote:

and the turnarounds are what a child would write.

counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OY5oetA1kU

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the Mortal Kombat movie was a very large part of my childhood and I will tolerate no disparagement of it

• Locked thread