Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It felt like the satire was a bit too much "haha hey, remember this?", and "what about this? Remember this from other movies?" Like it was just bad parody. I was kinda expecting Marlon Wayans to pop out at some point.

Down with Love was just great, I loved its aesthetic and all the characters. I haven't seen it yet, but my dad's favorite romcom is About Time. The trailer looks really nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

Does The Birdhouse count as a "good" gay relationship? I honestly don't know, I never got around to seeing the Nathan Lane one.

I'd say it's good as in funny, but not really a 'good' relationship.

I've only ever seen the Williams/Lane one. Good fun.

Kissing Jessica Stein was a really enjoyable movie, and it had gay people.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I thought the Bill Hader parts of Trainwreck were the most enjoyable parts of that movie. (that terrible movie)

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jenner posted:

Should I watch Passengers?

Because I have watched so many suspense movies and romantic comedies (and just movies in general) I am predicting that Chris Pratt is the actual creepy villain because there is no other human antagonist and the woman is always the survivor.

Forgive me if that prediction is correct. I don't mean to be right and spoil a movie I haven't seen and have only watched one trailer for. The thing is, I don't really wanna see a movie about how a creepy man obsesses over a hot girl and sabotages a space ship before waking her up so they can bond over survival before being too suspicious and getting found out then going completely psycho.

So um, without spoiling. Am I wrong? Am I right or rightish but trust me Jenner it's worth it? Should I see it?

Ehh. Passengers had a loving awesome hook that was insultingly reduced.
Your initial suspicions are wrong, but ultimately correct about the movie. Is it a spoiler if I mention the villain? the environment

I don't think the movie is worth watching, but not simply because of the squandered potential you could see within it over the course of its showing. It's an interesting premise resolved into boilerplate, by the book poo poo. if you want a cool guy-in-space type movie just watch Moon or something. You've probably gotten most of the enjoyment from the movie from the trailer - maybe, 85% worth.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jan 11, 2017

• Locked thread