Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

Jenner posted:

But I have to admit I kind of like these kinds of movies (I feel terrible about it.) I like the sassy girlfriends just hanging out and having a good time. They have their own character and they aren't defined by their relationship with a man but by their relationship with themselves and their fellow women. (These movies still almost always feature a scene where they fail the Bechtel Test but :shrug:)

If you're interested in those types of movies, and you haven't seen it, may I suggest Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood? I really liked it and it's about older women and the things that shaped their lives, and also mother/daughter relationships.

Hell, I guess Fried Green Tomatoes fits into this sub-category, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
I actually didn't know it was a book! Now you've piqued my curiosity--what does the movie improve?

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

precision posted:

The movie has good actresses, without which the characters come off a lot more hokey.

Call it the Forrest Gump effect.

Ha! Fair enough. I half want to track the book down, simply out of curiosity.

• Locked thread