Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Looper posted:

The fat woman who isn't fat at all (but we'll make tons of bad jokes about it regardless),

I thought that sort of was the joke though? Like, this woman clearly isn't fat, and we're supposed to think that everyone who's making those jokes is being kind of an rear end in a top hat. IIRC the only person who pushes back against the fat comments is Hugh Grant himself who is obviously supposed to be sympathetic. ("owooowowooh, would we call her chubby?")

While we're on the subject though I totally understand most of the criticisms about Love Actually (it is pretty freaking weird that there are not one, not two, but three separate romances between male bosses and their female employees) but I like it anyway and it's one of my Christmas staples. "I am Colin, god of sex."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Paragon8 posted:

I like The Girl Next Door a lot.

Timothy Olyphant is a national treasure.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Xealot posted:

The IKEA scene is brilliant, conceptually. This performed farce of domestic artifice inside literally artificial domestic tableaus. Except for JGL's character, who's absolutely kidding on the square.

The scene immediately before it is great too, where JGL is trying to force the same mood again and Summer just isn't having it. A lesser movie would have put that scene after the fun IKEA scene instead of before it.

• Locked thread