Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Uh, one of these things is not like the others............ one of these things does no~t belong

Wikipedia calls it a romantic fantasy adventure comedy, are you gonna argue with them?? I feel the same about Breakfast at Tiffany's though, it was far more depressing than I expected

Anyway I thought Love, Actually was pretty gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

In trying to depict love as this beautiful universal experience, Love, Actually instead props the concept up on this impossibly high pedestal. I mean when the movie isn't talking about romantic love it does pretty well, such as the little kid and his dad or the office employee and her dependent brother, but then several of the relationships portrayed are between powerful men and their subordinates and I've never really been in the mood for those awkward gender politics. The fat woman who isn't fat at all (but we'll make tons of bad jokes about it regardless), the flirty secretary who felt like less of a character and more of a guilty power fantasy, and the housekeeper who is effectively silenced by the language barrier and is probably just a rebound anyway, were all pretty prominent and also not good subplots. There's also Bill Nighy and his manager but I liked them :shobon: (insert more fat jokes here)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Similarly Will Smith is a babe so we can forgive him being a manipulative proto pickup artist

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Gatts posted:

Everything is creepy. All of it.

Crazy Stupid Love is great but creepy because of the young girl in love with an older man and that creepy kid who is in love with her God why can't he go away and not bother her and she likes it by the end like wtf? Except Ryan Gosling playing all those women, that's totes ok cause he's Ryan Gosling doing his Dirty Dancing manipulating to bed girls. Poor girls having sex with hot PUA Ryan Gosling. As is the Fountain. But the Fountain is creepy, God she's going to die and all you want is to devote your time to save her so she can still be your sex object? Let her die in peace and find someone else. Disgusting.

What else can we twist as objectionable?

*cut to The Critic reviewing this post* It stinks!

• Locked thread