Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Uh, one of these things is not like the others............ one of these things does no~t belong

Hey, if Annie Hall counts, so does The Princess Bride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Allen's best romantic comedy is probably The Purple Rose of Cairo, though it's a lot more dour than most entries in the genre.

And speaking of post-90s rom-coms, how is She's Funny That Way?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I thought Passengers was supposed to be creepy. None of the previews made it seem like a comedy.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Is About Time the one Vargo absolutely despised because he thought the main character was too manipulative?

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Jenner posted:

2. Most of the movies we've been mentioning have featured heterosexual relationships. Are there any good gay ones?

I Love You Phillip Morris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

It's not a romantic comedy in the traditional sense, but Pride is another good film about LGBT relationships that's quite funny without downplaying the challenges these groups face. It also stars thread darling Bill Nighy.

• Locked thread