Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hello, I am poster, Bicyclops, and I never beat NES classic, Startropics. I have also never finished Maniac Mansion.

Maybe it was a game you rented from Blockbuster, but it had to be returned before you could master it, or maybe it was a game you could only play when visiting your friend who had a Nintendo, but whatever it is, despite the brave new world of emulators, you never got to it. Let's admit it together: some save files are going to remain unfinished, until their adventure log has been erased.

Tell me your NES regrets here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

please note that if you are trying to tell a sad story, this dude's cousin has you beat:

http://www.whatever-dude.com/posts/110.shtml

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
We owned a copy of Dragon Warrior and I would always play it as a kid but never really get very far and then as a young adult I played it a bit more and would get to the part where you had to find some magical armor or something and you would have to walk 14 steps south and 8 steps west or something like that but I could never figure it out so I never progressed passed that part, after playing the game off and on for like 20 years.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I got about 70% of the way through Witcher 3 and just never finished... it's an amazing game and I think I would enjoy finishing it but every time I load it up i Just sort of fiddle with the menus for a few minutes and then play something else

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
you can still play those games op, go nuts

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

nes games? battletoads, the first ninja turtles and double dragon 3. theyre all garbage so i dont freakin care to finish!!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I have no regrets.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

you can still play those games op, go nuts

i can hope that one day, i will, but there are great new games every day that demand my time, and some things are just destined to be regrets, elf help book.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I can't get into Metal Gear games at all.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I can't get into Metal Gear games at all.

What one's have you played/tried to play?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

please note that if you are trying to tell a sad story, this dude's cousin has you beat:

http://www.whatever-dude.com/posts/110.shtml

drat

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's no shame in gaming

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
Most GBA-era games I played I only won by using save states

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The only Dragon Quest game I've ever finished is 8. I've also never finished FF5 even after advancing to near the end of the game several times.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

The only Dragon Quest game I've ever finished is 8. I've also never finished FF5 even after advancing to near the end of the game several times.

I never finished FF12, despite collecting almost all of the Espers and being like 6 hunts away from doing them all. The end just never seemed important.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've actually worked through a lot of them this year. Before 2016 I had never played a single Castlevania, Kirby or Mega Man game. But looking forward my major shames probably don't rate. Like I want to play through the Ace Combat series and buy a Saturn. Who cares at that point.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh it's actually that I've never played a Devil May Cry game even though it seems like, from what I've read about the series, Dmc3 could very easily be a favorite game all time for me. But I haven't played any of them yet and i am incapable of playing a series without starting from the beginning.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I played the dmc remake from a few(?) years ago and it was okay. it was satisfying to do combos on demons but it got repetitive really fast. people talk mad poo poo on that one though so maybe the other games are more epic

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
people talk poo poo about it because the developers were really smug about how their version of the game is so much more mature and sophisticated than the original series but it really really isn't

DmC, Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z and Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 are the unholy trinity of trashy western versions of japanese action games

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've been highly addicted to Heavily Modded Skyrim for the past 2 weeks.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I've been highly addicted to Heavily Modded Skyrim for the past 2 weeks.

I still can't get the drat game to run and it's extremely pissing me off

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If they released a Borderlands 3, I would probably play it.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I accidentally erased my brother's save for The Sims (PS2) because I didn't realize save games were tied to last names

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Oh yeah and one time we rented rollcage 2 and I liked it so much that I got pissed we had to return it so I walked into the room my dad was in and yelled "HUH!?" really loud and then ran out

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I grew up during nes/snes and there's really only a handful of games I actually finished. as a kid it was basically impossible to beat nes games, and I just thought that was the way of games.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

no they will not posted:

Oh yeah and one time we rented rollcage 2 and I liked it so much that I got pissed we had to return it so I walked into the room my dad was in and yelled "HUH!?" really loud and then ran out

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I never beat Milton's Secret Castle and I never will.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never beat Castlevania III, that weighs on me.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

no they will not posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I still haven't beaten MGSV. I'm really bad at beating games in general because I get distracted really easily

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

no they will not posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i own more games thn I'll ever feasibly finish nd it pisses me off

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i was close to the end of lightning returns and had my ps3 stolen so i've never finished it. i bought it on steam but i'd still have to play 75% of it again so it's been a hard sell that's been eating at me. really dug that series though.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got really far into Deadly Towers. To the point where I had my own graph paper map, complete with teleport spots and shops. Well, I lost the map. I'll never beat that loving game.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
i never played nes games because im too young for it. the first console in our houshold was a playstation.

im gonna try all the classics someday, but im in no hurry.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

no they will not posted:

rollcage stage 2 ftmfw

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the only jrpgs I enjoy playing are ones made for babies

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oliwan posted:

I grew up during nes/snes and there's really only a handful of games I actually finished. as a kid it was basically impossible to beat nes games, and I just thought that was the way of games.

megaman was cool because it has a built in stage select, you didnt have to care about beating it, just open it up and play whatever stages you feel like

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i shot manus' hand through the fog door the first time through the DLC, and then lost a lot to him before beating him the second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

poo poo myself while playing Mario Party 2 with my sister and best friend from the trailer park and left a brown stain on the floor when I was a kid.

• Locked thread