Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i needed a guide to beat the secret dungeon in lufia2.

in fact most jrpgs as a child i played with a guide because i didnt want to miss anything and i was bad at games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

no they will not posted:

Oh yeah and one time we rented rollcage 2 and I liked it so much that I got pissed we had to return it so I walked into the room my dad was in and yelled "HUH!?" really loud and then ran out
lmfao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Dongslayer. posted:

i needed a guide to beat the secret dungeon in lufia2.

in fact most jrpgs as a child i played with a guide because i didnt want to miss anything and i was bad at games.

I keep a guide handy when I play them now and I check before I leave a dungeon or town to see what I missed because I doubt adult me will ever play a jrpg through twice. Idk unless you count parasite eve I could play that 100 times

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

My favorite Mario Game was Super Mario Bros 2 that was actually another game in Japan.
I never beat any of the NES games I played, even the sports ones.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Fungah! posted:

i own more games thn I'll ever feasibly finish nd it pisses me off

I'm in Steam AIDS recovery... I guess I do regret buying a couple hundred Steam sale game I still haven't touched, along with ~40 humble bundles made up mostly of games I'll probably never touch.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I bought enough games on Steam in 2016 to count on both hands, and I'll probably buy even less next year. This actually feels cool I think

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I never beat Milton's Secret Castle and I never will.

that's because milton's secret castle is not the name of the game, ergo it does not exist. Die! :gun:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

nes games? battletoads, the first ninja turtles and double dragon 3. theyre all garbage so i dont freakin care to finish!!

i beat battletoads and double dragon 3 :twisted: battletoads isn't really a bad game imo. double dragon 3 is miserable tho

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I have never played a Dark Souls or Witcher game. I had to be cajoled into playing a Zelda game when I was like 25. It was okay.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

that's because milton's secret castle is not the name of the game, ergo it does not exist. Die! :gun:

Milon's

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like saying "milons lovely rear end in a top hat" but actually its a good game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I haven't played that game in the last 2 decades.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

i like saying "milons lovely rear end in a top hat" but actually its a good game
I think it's bullshit that they don't make games like that or Adventures of Lolo anymore. I don't even know what you would call that genre.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Confusion Simulators. I don't think I ever made it to the second floor of that secret castle.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think it's bullshit that they don't make games like that or Adventures of Lolo anymore. I don't even know what you would call that genre.

lolo is kind of a sokoban variant, but a lot cooler, i think its weird nintendo doesnt make a new one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm getting flashbacks to when I played milon's secret castle when I was 6 and now I really need to know what's at the top of that castle.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm kind of ashamed I've never played Mario 64 past the first level

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Ralp posted:

join the 120 star challenge, the year isnt over yet

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

poo poo myself while playing Mario Party 2 with my sister and best friend from the trailer park and left a brown stain on the floor when I was a kid.

I was one of the idiot babies that tore a big, terrible hole in my hand trying to spin the control stick enough for the shy guy mini-game in the first one. ONe day me and like four other people showed up to school with circular wounds in our palms like stigmata and we were all like "Mario Party, huh?"

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

elf help book posted:

join the 120 star challenge, the year isnt over yet

I saw that thread and I considered it! pannenkoek videos have scratched that itch for me though

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I've been on the last mission of the newest deus ex for months now. I got it and played through it when it came out and like it a lot but I just dont give a poo poo about playing it anymore. I'm like 30 mins of gameplay from the ending tops and I just end up playing dark souls 3 again instead

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

is the 120 star challenge just getting 120 stars?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

Yes.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

milons secret castle sucks balls! but fire n ice or wahtever is good

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I don't play many things more than 20-30 hours nowadays, at least without a big break. So I don't beat many games anymore. Too many new things to try and I'd rather feel guilty about not beating a game than mildly bored trying to get through the last 20 hours or so.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I don't like Ocarina of Time much

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Kazvall posted:

I got really far into Deadly Towers. To the point where I had my own graph paper map, complete with teleport spots and shops. Well, I lost the map. I'll never beat that loving game.

I only ever beat one tower, so don't feel too bad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ralp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGVUsmCGwPU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

*equips flame shield*

I've never played a Mario or Zelda game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dongicus posted:

*equips flame shield*

I've never played a Mario or Zelda game.

If you ever do theres a lot of them now

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

If that's something you are ashamed of, seems like you should play one

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
isn't this basically the confessions thread again
how long until someone unironically posts some horrible poo poo in this one

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I Said No posted:

It was supposed to be about NES games

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Oh. None of the rental places had StarTropics and I barely knew it existed. I still have never played it and probably won't. Also, I had a nes max controller with turbo buttons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My game shame is that I think Bulletstorm is actually loving awesome and Ill probably pre-order the remaster so I can play through the game as Duke Nukem.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

My game shame is that I think Bulletstorm is actually loving awesome and Ill probably pre-order the remaster so I can play through the game as Duke Nukem.

I remember liking what I played've it as well. In fact I sort of like Duke Nukem Forever lmao.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

I Said No posted:

yelling HUH at your dad is pretty bad

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

it's not as easy as it sounds..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's not as easy as it sounds..

• Locked thread