Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's not as easy as it sounds..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I remember liking what I played've it as well. In fact I sort of like Duke Nukem Forever lmao.

i beat duke nukem forever 2 days after release

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

for reference the only other game ive done that for is half life 2 lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

for reference the only other game ive done that for is half life 2 lmfao

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I remember liking what I played've it as well. In fact I sort of like Duke Nukem Forever lmao.

Lol Ive never played it but its cool that it exists and looks like it fell out of a portal from another dimension where they never stopped making Duke Nukem games.

BipolarAurora
Jan 1, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Will GameCube ever finish his 120 star challenge? :ohdear:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Lol Ive never played it but its cool that it exists and looks like it fell out of a portal from another dimension where they never stopped making Duke Nukem games.

the original duke nukem forever they came up with looked so sick...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omOPjBoClw0

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Spider-man, on the Genesis. I could get to the end of the game, but I could never take down Kingpin before Mary Jane gets dunked in the acid.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I could never beat Goldeneye as a kid, Natasha kept dying during control

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Confusion Simulators. I don't think I ever made it to the second floor of that secret castle.

Not surprising, the well is a brutal difficulty spike.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I only ever beat the Simpsons Arcade Game because some of the bigger kids kept feeding quarters in for me and them both, and I played it instead of participating in the rest of the birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese, ignoring all of my friends.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

One of the other kids ate too much pizza and threw up in the ball pit, but by then I didn't care, because me and the teenagers I didn't know had already taken out Robot Mr. Burns.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm playing Milon's Secret Castle right now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm playing Milon's Secret Castle right now

Good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I made it to the 2nd floor then got killed. 1 life to beat this whole game is crazy.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't beat Contra without the Konami code.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Evil Eagle posted:

I made it to the 2nd floor then got killed. 1 life to beat this whole game is crazy.

you can continue

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

you can continue

how

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

I always used the Konami code when I played the Ninja Turtle games and put it on easy and gave myself a million lives. I never even tried to play it the real way, and I still stole the pizza when my friend deserved it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't think I could even beat Gradius 3 with the Konami code.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

you hold left and start. or right and start, one of those. I know this because I just watched the AVGN vid on the game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

rediscover posted:

you hold left and start. or right and start, one of those. I know this because I just watched the AVGN vid on the game

i did as well. this might surprise some viewers but he got angry at the game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

i did as well. this might surprise some viewers but he got angry at the game

Yup -- he even did a variation of his classic 'what were they thinking!?' bit and I lolled like always. Great episode as always.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Pablo Gigante posted:

practice, it's not hard and I don't mean that in the sense that everyone says every NES game isn't hard, it really isn't a difficult clear

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

Thanks. I died in the well and accidentally restarted without holding left so I had to start over.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I told my little brother that dk mode in olden eye was normal mode and he believed it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Yup -- he even did a variation of his classic 'what were they thinking!?' bit and I lolled like always. Great episode as always.

I said What were they thinking out loud today when I was playing Mega Man 7 without even thinking about quoting the Nerd, it just happened lol. But seriously, Mega Man's sprite is HUGE! What were they thinking!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've gotten to the final boss in FF7 twice and both times I stopped there for no real reason

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
I 100% completed Final Fantasy X International Version.

It made me end up hating the game so much I am compelled to tell everyone about it at every opportunity, including during weddings, baby showers and funerals.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I was one perfect stage away from unlocking on-foot mode in Starfox 64 and also one yellow crystal away from unlocking the full ending to Mischief Makers when I traded them both in to Funcoland for Super Smash Bros.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Caithness posted:

I was one perfect stage away from unlocking on-foot mode in Starfox 64 and also one yellow crystal away from unlocking the full ending to Mischief Makers when I traded them both in to Funcoland for Super Smash Bros.

that is hosed up

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I have a gamer shame but I already talked about it in the confessions thread. Sorry OP, it' s just something I don't want to go over again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Soul Reaver posted:

It made me end up hating the game so much I am compelled to tell everyone about it at every opportunity, including during weddings, baby showers and funerals.

Stop this Games-style poo poo

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I never finished FFVI. I got caught up in a boss fight at the Mage's Tower and couldn't beat it.

folder
Oct 9, 2016

GorfZaplen posted:

I've gotten to the final boss in FF7 twice and both times I stopped there for no real reason

that really is a shame. the last boss is fun, give it another go.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soul Reaver posted:

normal

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Soul Reaver posted:

On the regular, US version, I made everyone what I considered the best armor, got all the Ultimate Weapons and got every stat except for luck to 255 (I didn't bother with HP because break HP Limit wasn't as good as other armor stuff).

I really, really hate Jumbo Flan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle Ryebread
Sep 21, 2016

Kazvall posted:

I got really far into Deadly Towers. To the point where I had my own graph paper map, complete with teleport spots and shops. Well, I lost the map. I'll never beat that loving game.

I messed with that game in a hex editor trying to find out what the red necklace does and I still have no idea.

• Locked thread