Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Well I'm not sleeping tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Also one time he was on his way to one of the dungeons in Dragon Warrior 4 and my little brother, who was about 3, saw one of the snake enemies and child-sang "I am a slithery snake, here for your delight, and to poison you!" and right after he finished singing, the snake attacked and poisoned one of my dad's guys, so all three of us brothers were saying "Ha! He poisoned you with music, Dad!" and he kept saying "It's not funny!" and getting angrier and angrier until he turned it off.

lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bicyclops posted:

Also one time he was on his way to one of the dungeons in Dragon Warrior 4 and my little brother, who was about 3, saw one of the snake enemies and child-sang "I am a slithery snake, here for your delight, and to poison you!" and right after he finished singing, the snake attacked and poisoned one of my dad's guys, so all three of us brothers were saying "Ha! He poisoned you with music, Dad!" and he kept saying "It's not funny!" and getting angrier and angrier until he turned it off.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Troll Bros.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

All these parent fails just awoke a memory in me.. I don't actually remember it because I was an actual baby, but I've been told that one day my mom was far into Legacy of the Wizard and I managed to pull the power plug on the NES. Epic fail.. my older brother & sister were watching her play cos it was a new area or w/e and everyone was so excited.. and I owned them on accident. Sorry lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only thing I did like that was my dad was extremely into Warcraft 2 and when he was in his room he left the game up and I saw he needed some farms so I built one but it was in between the town hall and the gold mine so he came out of my room and yelled and asked if I was retarded.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

I've never finished a Mario game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I never did unless yoshis island and story count until a couple years ago where I beat SMB1.as small Mario only.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My biggest shame is that I never played Quake 3 or Quake Live until 2012 so I never got very good at them and mostly just admire it from afar now that it's basically too late.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I just tried an Oculus for the first time and got intense motion sickness just walking around some dude's simulated apartment. So I guess my shame is that I'll never experience the VR revolution (I knew I would get sick just from the way people talk about it)

Average Bear posted:

You shouldn't feel shame to do what you like to do.

I keep it constantly running on my 3DS so I don't miss the free daily picrite mission. My last for free picrites at the expense of any other gaming is the shameful part there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

My biggest shame is that I never played Quake 3 or Quake Live until 2012 so I never got very good at them and mostly just admire it from afar now that it's basically too late.

Same here except 2016.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Didn't your dad map hack against you in Warcraft 2 lol?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Evil Eagle posted:

Not a shame, also same.

I'm so happy there's someone in the world who feels the same way about this track that I do. I think I'm gonna play through it again with that glitch that lets you skip your items getting stolen

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

Didn't your dad map hack against you in Warcraft 2 lol?

No my friend in high school who introduced me to SA did that. My dad just became an expert of Jimland.pud and refused to play any other maps with me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

And it was wc3 that I got map hacked.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My Dad played through all the first Final Fantasy game but got nervous he was going to die at the final boss, so he gave my mom the controller and she beat Chaos.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Remembering that my parents got addicted to The Sims and my mom would always complain that my dad drowned every male character who went to her sim's house when it was his turn lmfao.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

The only Final Fantasy game I've ever completed was tactics advance and I guess I beat the story of the new mmo one but mmos are in their own distinct category of shame

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

For some reason we could only ever really convince my Mom to play Dr. Mario, and the three of us walked around in circles doing imitations of the 3 different color germs and then jumping on the floor and rolling around when one of them died. every once in awhile she'd be like WOULD YOU BOYS PLEASE STOP THAT, YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME LOSE and that was always when she knew she'd had enough Dr. Mario.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Remembering that my parents got addicted to The Sims and my mom would always complain that my dad drowned every male character who went to her sim's house when it was his turn lmfao.

Lmfao

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
My shame is I never completed the 120 star challenge

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

My shame is I never completed the 120 star challenge

Same.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I did with Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine and I did the 240 or w/e in Galaxy, but I never got them all in Galaxy 2.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
literally the only game my mom played to completion was dragon warrior 1 on the NES, she was super pissed because the hosed world was still hosed after she murdered the dragonlord

i've never beaten that game myself

RIP mom, love you :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I did with Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine and I did the 240 or w/e in Galaxy, but I never got them all in Galaxy 2.

The 242 in Galaxy 2 is super fun and way more interesting than just having the beat the game twice like they did for the 241 in Galaxy. Ive never done the 120 for sunshine though because of the blue coins.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

my friends mum has been playing the same sims 2 save file continuously for 12 years now

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

The 242 in Galaxy 2 is super fun and way more interesting than just having the beat the game twice like they did for the 241 in Galaxy. Ive never done the 120 for sunshine though because of the blue coins.

Yeah the blue coins are annoying and I used a gamefaqs guide to find them because it's the worst kind of scavenger hunt.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

In Training posted:

I never did sunshine for the same reason but man I did the 241 in Galaxy 1 and thought it was kinda lame but I never got close to the 242 in Galaxy 2 because the green stars were just lovely. 3 stars per stage some of which take like 15 seconds to get but you still have to sit through a minute of loading screens and menus before each one hell yeah sign me up!

Getting 120 stars in 64 is the peak of the mario franchise imo

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lost my gamecube and games to my sister when she didnt want to go back to her old dorm and dig it out after seeing that her roommates were doing things like hanging dirtry socks on laundry lines after she left. They didnt even play the gamecube.....

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Lost my gamecube and games to my sister when she didnt want to go back to her old dorm and dig it out after seeing that her roommates were doing things like hanging dirtry socks on laundry lines after she left. They didnt even play the gamecube.....

i hate your sister now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

I never did sunshine for the same reason but man I did the 241 in Galaxy 1 and thought it was kinda lame but I never got close to the 242 in Galaxy 2 because the green stars were just lovely. 3 stars per stage some of which take like 15 seconds to get but you still have to sit through a minute of loading screens and menus before each one hell yeah sign me up!

Getting 120 stars in 64 is the peak of the mario franchise imo

I thought the green stars were a fun idea to get weird with the physics of Galaxy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In Training posted:

the watermelon shine broke my spirit as a child to do the 120

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

symbolic posted:

the watermelon shine broke my spirit as a child to do the 120

I did something to make that way easier for me the last time I played but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I think maybe I found a way to kill a bunch of the duck guys? The hard ones are where you have to do the secrets but with a timer and red coins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I did something to make that way easier for me the last time I played but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I think maybe I found a way to kill a bunch of the duck guys? The hard ones are where you have to do the secrets but with a timer and red coins

Yeah if you spray the sand castles up under a duck it flips them over and then you can ground pound and kill them

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bicyclops posted:

My favorite post ever in Games was the guy saying "I named all the Final Fantasy characters after members of my family, except for Dad! That guy doesn't deserve to be in my quest to beat Kefka!"

It's extremely good when they add that one extra sentence of personal detail

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id like to destroy kefka with my dad

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Me too

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think my dad has done enough in his life, so I'd hope he could retire to Jidoor, and I could just kill Kefka for him and make him proud.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

In Training posted:

I thought the green stars were a fun idea to get weird with the physics of Galaxy.

I thought they were dumb padding but I was also young and full of impatience

Bicyclops posted:

The hard ones are where you have to do the secrets but with a timer and red coins

at least you got FLUDD for those ones and got to hear that awesome mario theme remix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

the only game i think my dad ever really liked was battlefield 2, and he would play it for hours every night. whenever i would wake up to get a glass of water at in the middle of the night, i'd pass his room with the lights on, machine gun sounds blasting, and my dad sitting in front of his computer with a glass of brandy and an xbox 360 controller for driving the vehicles

• Locked thread