Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My dad was extremely into Lords of Magic, Lords of the Realm 2, Civilization 4, and Diablo 2. Now he's into Grepolis and watching old kung fu movies. He used to get furious at Civilization 4 because, and I don't know if it's true or not since one of my shames is never learning how to play Civ 4, but he believes it's communist propaganda because slavery and communism are the best civics or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my dad just plays a lot of CoD with my uncle. he really likes the Doom and Resident Evil movies. maybe one day he'll play the games.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Wormskull posted:

My dad was extremely into Lords of Magic, Lords of the Realm 2, Civilization 4, and Diablo 2. Now he's into Grepolis and watching old kung fu movies. He used to get furious at Civilization 4 because, and I don't know if it's true or not since one of my shames is never learning how to play Civ 4, but he believes it's communist propaganda because slavery and communism are the best civics or whatever.

slavery is absolutely crucial for a substantial part of the game so he isn't wrong about that, but the state property economy civic is meh

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
all these posts are really bringing me back. i have deleted many save files of friends and family.. When I was like 6 or 7 I deleted my uncles secret of evermore save file that was at the very end of the game because I couldnt read and thought the new game button was 'watch the cutscene' button and I liked the intro. When I was 9 I was messing around at my neighbors house in the Tales of Symphonia menus due to being smart and accidentally deleted his 50 hours save and he got my mom to scold me. When I was 14 I had gotten really far into Lufia 2 and that was the first time I had made real progress in an RPG and while I was playing my 8 year old brother came in and kicked the console and wiped the saves so I kicked his rear end and got grounded

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I was crying the whole time when I was kicking his rear end

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bicyclops posted:

For some reason we could only ever really convince my Mom to play Dr. Mario, and the three of us walked around in circles doing imitations of the 3 different color germs and then jumping on the floor and rolling around when one of them died. every once in awhile she'd be like WOULD YOU BOYS PLEASE STOP THAT, YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME LOSE and that was always when she knew she'd had enough Dr. Mario.

You boys sound like you were a real handful lol. God bless your mom :)

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i remember being in e-mail correspondence with an FAQ writer for FFVI because i couldn't figure out how to progress in the opera scene.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

i remember being in e-mail correspondence with an FAQ writer for FFVI because i couldn't figure out how to progress in the opera scene.

I wrote a tip into the highest rated gamefaqs guide for Metroid Prime 3 because nobody had a complete achievement list yet and I sent him all the requirements because I had 100%'d the game like 3 days after release.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I wrote a relatively useless Dojo Techniques GameFAQ for Okami when I was 16.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I wrote a tip into the highest rated gamefaqs guide for Metroid Prime 3 because nobody had a complete achievement list yet and I sent him all the requirements because I had 100%'d the game like 3 days after release.

This is powerful gaming.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I sent an e-mail to the guy who made the Harvest Moon: Friend of Mineral Town faq because I got all the cursed tools from the mine in the first year and he said that it wasn't possible

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

In Training posted:

memories of exchanging friend vouchers with my buddy, Mike, for some 3d dioramas

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sent a pic of me with a boner in gym shorts when I was 12 or 13 to a girl from Furcadia.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Sent a pic of me with a boner in gym shorts when I was 12 or 13 to a girl from Furcadia.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Wow

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Wormskull posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Respect

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

For some reason we could only ever really convince my Mom to play Dr. Mario, and the three of us walked around in circles doing imitations of the 3 different color germs and then jumping on the floor and rolling around when one of them died. every once in awhile she'd be like WOULD YOU BOYS PLEASE STOP THAT, YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME LOSE and that was always when she knew she'd had enough Dr. Mario.

Dr Mario is the only videogame my mother has ever played unless you count mobile timewasters like candy crush.
To my knowledge my dad has never played a videogame, ever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

When I was 14 I had gotten really far into Lufia 2 and that was the first time I had made real progress in an RPG and while I was playing my 8 year old brother came in and kicked the console and wiped the saves so I kicked his rear end and got grounded

Dang, last year must have been stressful

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

One epic thing about Arma 3 RP is most of the people are streamers so every once in a while poo poo like in the middle of some Grizzled Italian American talking shop in a jail cell to a couple other guys one of them says "Hey guys thanks for the follow, really appreciate you hitting that follow button" out loud in game in a completely different voice.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

One epic thing about Arma 3 RP is most of the people are streamers so every once in a while poo poo like in the middle of some Grizzled Italian American talking shop in a jail cell to a couple other guys one of them says "Hey guys thanks for the follow, really appreciate you hitting that follow button" out loud in game in a completely different voice.

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Streamer culture ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Streamer culture ftw

we did it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Ahahahaha

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Died at the end of a dungeon in Elder Scrolls Online and acidentally left my mic on and my entire guild heard me sob and curse the game quietly with teeth clenched so as not to wake my parents because its 4am mixed with pounding my desk in rage intermittently for 30 minutes. Wish I could say when this was when I was younger but this happened a few days ago.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Died at the end of a dungeon in Elder Scrolls Online and acidentally left my mic on and my entire guild heard me sob and curse the game quietly with teeth clenched so as not to wake my parents because its 4am mixed with pounding my desk in rage intermittently for 30 minutes. Wish I could say when this was when I was younger but this happened a few days ago.

Goondolences.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I'm sorry.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

poo poo the guy didn't VOD his stream, I was gonna get a tight clip of the guy in the cell next to him thanking his new followers and the look on his face.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

I deleted my dads final fantasy 7 save 80 hours in so he wouldn't beat it before me and we haven't spoken since

You should try to reconcile with him

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

whats furcadia?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

whats furcadia?

it's the guinness world record holder for the longest continuously running social mmorpg

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I cheated my way through Dark Souls 2 and every time I would be invaded I would immediately run off a cliff to protect my secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

I.N.R.I posted:

whats furcadia?

rrrrrrrrrrrrelcome

• Locked thread