Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

If they released a Borderlands 3, I would probably play it.

Borderlands: The Pre Sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ive never played a dragon quest game. When I saw a slime for the first time, I thought it was a weirdly drawn poring.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i never knew where to go next after beating the dam level in ninja turtles on the nes.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Action Tortoise posted:

i never knew where to go next after beating the dam level in ninja turtles on the nes.

same

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
I am still refusing to play any Dark Souls game. I bought the first one on PC and was unable to do anything due to constant crashes. It puts me into a position where I don't want to pay for the sequels since I would be rewarding them after they scammed me. Now I get annoyed about any mention of the games creating a two page derail about how great they are.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Yvershek posted:

I am still refusing to play any Dark Souls game. I bought the first one on PC and was unable to do anything due to constant crashes. It puts me into a position where I don't want to pay for the sequels since I would be rewarding them after they scammed me. Now I get annoyed about any mention of the games creating a two page derail about how great they are.

shameful

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

guy who boycotts a company because he was too lazy to get a refund

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yvershek posted:

Works on my machine.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The refund story reminds me that long after Spore was playable, I was still involved in 20 minute screaming phone calls with EA to reactive Spore, because the DRM on my legal copy had disabled it due to having to reinstall to actually make it sort of work.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have now uninstalled it and thrown away the disc, because even if I get the itch to replay the terrible game, it is now totally beyond support and virtually guaranteed to be unplayable no matter what you do to try to make it work.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Yvershek posted:

You probably didn't pick up DSfix. It's a mod that makes the game playable.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Works on my machine.

it works on most of them, arfjason even managed to play it on his dumb argentinian machine, but apparently it was all an elaborate plan to scam that one guy whos slightly different pc specs break the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

it works on most of them, arfjason even managed to play it on his dumb argentinian machine, but apparently it was all an elaborate plan to scam that one guy whos slightly different pc specs break the game

The base version is still kinda broken on PC because it exists of a fan petition. Somebody in Games tried playing it recently and got a cool bug where instead of the normal way water looks like in the game, the surface was replaced with a second rendering of the game with full camera control lmao. it looked bonkers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

:stare:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yvershek posted:

My thing was that you couldn't do anything on the internet from 2009-2012 without everyone spoiling all the epic single player poo poo you can do in that game so the only one I've bothered with is Dark Souls 3, despite owning the first one on 2 platforms.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
I've had to use spoilers in almost every point-and-click adventure game, despite my best efforts... and not even the crazy illogical games that are out there.

Maniac Mansion: played for years as a kid but didn't learn how to beat it until late high school or early college by feeding radioactive water to the plant to make it grow, among other spoilers.

Day of the Tentacle: played in middle school, but couldn't figure out that you had to paint the kumquats red so George Washington would cut down the "cherry" tree.

Grim Fandango: Bought on a Steam sale at age 30 and ended up walking all over town trying to figure out who I needed to talk to about the rusty anchor until I had to go look it up.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I think it will still probably be pretty cool if you ever decide to play it. I didn't play any of Dark Souls 1, 2, or Bloodborne until right around their expansions and they still felt unpredictable and strange even after hearing a million things.

I still haven't played 3 yet, lol.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tomato Burger posted:

I've had to use spoilers in almost every point-and-click adventure game, despite my best efforts... and not even the crazy illogical games that are out there.

Maniac Mansion: played for years as a kid but didn't learn how to beat it until late high school or early college by feeding radioactive water to the plant to make it grow, among other spoilers.

Day of the Tentacle: played in middle school, but couldn't figure out that you had to paint the kumquats red so George Washington would cut down the "cherry" tree.

Grim Fandango: Bought on a Steam sale at age 30 and ended up walking all over town trying to figure out who I needed to talk to about the rusty anchor until I had to go look it up.

I could only play these at a friends house and he got in a fight with his brother one time so I was forced to just sit with his mom for an hour and then go home, so I never finished any of the LucasArts games. I really wanted to finish Indiana Jones and Maniac Mansion

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Yeah. I never said any of it is a good idea or that I'm happy about it. Did try the mod and everything else.

It would probably work now since I rebuilt my pc with a new motherboard and CPU. Just still finding myself stubborn for no real reason and feeling like I have too many other games to get through.

:cripes:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I remember getting this and solving it when i figured out the game was just really mad about anti aliasing

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
im too dumb for the witness

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Pablo Gigante posted:

Stop this Games-style poo poo

I don't even know what this means!

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Wormskull posted:

My thing was that you couldn't do anything on the internet from 2009-2012 without everyone spoiling all the epic single player poo poo you can do in that game so the only one I've bothered with is Dark Souls 3, despite owning the first one on 2 platforms.

I literally don't join any thread or discussion about a videogame I want to play but haven't finished for fear of spoilers. It's super easy for some schmuck to "forget" that something is a key story point revelation and not something that everybody knows about already. Also I can't stop myself from reading spoilered text.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Foxhound posted:

Also I can't stop myself from reading spoilered text.

I did this with the new hitman because I felt it had to be terrible with the episodic release (and higher price I thought)

turns out it's actually very good and was cheap at the sale but I already spoiled myself so welp that's my shame

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this is DSFix and not the game doing this

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:perfect:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I wouldn't be buying a 3ds if not for the pokemon sun and moon thread.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

I never beat Mike Tyson in Punch Out

Same, brother

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i loaded up sonic and knuckles last night because i never did get past the rope swing part on sonic, always cheated with knuckles

still cant lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

boy are my arms tired posted:

i loaded up sonic and knuckles last night because i never did get past the rope swing part on sonic, always cheated with knuckles

still cant lmfao

What rope swing

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Evil Eagle posted:

What rope swing

mushroom hill zone act 2

there's probably a way around it but i always manage to end up at the rope swing pit where if you fail it you have to try again to proceed as sonic; knuckles can just break through the wall

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

boy are my arms tired posted:

mushroom hill zone act 2

there's probably a way around it but i always manage to end up at the rope swing pit where if you fail it you have to try again to proceed as sonic; knuckles can just break through the wall

You just spin dash into it and jump while it's spinning :psyduck:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Though you might be able to skip it with the lightning shield double jump

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

GorfZaplen posted:

I've gotten to the final boss in FF7 twice and both times I stopped there for no real reason

I do this on lots of games

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I can't beat Contra without the Konami code.

I read somewhere that the game was built and balanced with the expectation of you using the konami code so it's not really shameful unless you want to be ultra hard-core

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Evil Eagle posted:

You just spin dash into it and jump while it's spinning :psyduck:

the timing on the jump is a little weird for me, idk

turns out you can just go over it, which i never found until just now

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i bought a Metroid NES cart, played it for ten minutes, and never touched it again

i probably should

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've never finished a numbered Final Fantasy game, although I'm digging XV so far

• Locked thread