Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've actually worked through a lot of them this year. Before 2016 I had never played a single Castlevania, Kirby or Mega Man game. But looking forward my major shames probably don't rate. Like I want to play through the Ace Combat series and buy a Saturn. Who cares at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh it's actually that I've never played a Devil May Cry game even though it seems like, from what I've read about the series, Dmc3 could very easily be a favorite game all time for me. But I haven't played any of them yet and i am incapable of playing a series without starting from the beginning.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never beat Castlevania III, that weighs on me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dongicus posted:

*equips flame shield*

I've never played a Mario or Zelda game.

If you ever do theres a lot of them now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My game shame is that I think Bulletstorm is actually loving awesome and Ill probably pre-order the remaster so I can play through the game as Duke Nukem.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I remember liking what I played've it as well. In fact I sort of like Duke Nukem Forever lmao.

Lol Ive never played it but its cool that it exists and looks like it fell out of a portal from another dimension where they never stopped making Duke Nukem games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

Yup -- he even did a variation of his classic 'what were they thinking!?' bit and I lolled like always. Great episode as always.

I said What were they thinking out loud today when I was playing Mega Man 7 without even thinking about quoting the Nerd, it just happened lol. But seriously, Mega Man's sprite is HUGE! What were they thinking!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

it works on most of them, arfjason even managed to play it on his dumb argentinian machine, but apparently it was all an elaborate plan to scam that one guy whos slightly different pc specs break the game

The base version is still kinda broken on PC because it exists of a fan petition. Somebody in Games tried playing it recently and got a cool bug where instead of the normal way water looks like in the game, the surface was replaced with a second rendering of the game with full camera control lmao. it looked bonkers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZM is the only game I can speedrun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

My new thing lately when I'm not hopelessly addicted to Skyrim is watching Arma 3 RP streams.

lol. Do people RP as cold blooded military mercs and stuff, because that would be kind of fascinating.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I know at least 3 people who are lying about the games they beat this year in the keep track of the games you beat this year thread

That's a grave accusation

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's not any more hosed up than not defending Nintendo

In the 90s SEGA did what Nintendon't. It's undeniable fact, what could you do about it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Also one time he was on his way to one of the dungeons in Dragon Warrior 4 and my little brother, who was about 3, saw one of the snake enemies and child-sang "I am a slithery snake, here for your delight, and to poison you!" and right after he finished singing, the snake attacked and poisoned one of my dad's guys, so all three of us brothers were saying "Ha! He poisoned you with music, Dad!" and he kept saying "It's not funny!" and getting angrier and angrier until he turned it off.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

My biggest shame is that I never played Quake 3 or Quake Live until 2012 so I never got very good at them and mostly just admire it from afar now that it's basically too late.

Same here except 2016.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I did with Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine and I did the 240 or w/e in Galaxy, but I never got them all in Galaxy 2.

The 242 in Galaxy 2 is super fun and way more interesting than just having the beat the game twice like they did for the 241 in Galaxy. Ive never done the 120 for sunshine though because of the blue coins.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

I never did sunshine for the same reason but man I did the 241 in Galaxy 1 and thought it was kinda lame but I never got close to the 242 in Galaxy 2 because the green stars were just lovely. 3 stars per stage some of which take like 15 seconds to get but you still have to sit through a minute of loading screens and menus before each one hell yeah sign me up!

Getting 120 stars in 64 is the peak of the mario franchise imo

I thought the green stars were a fun idea to get weird with the physics of Galaxy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

I did something to make that way easier for me the last time I played but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I think maybe I found a way to kill a bunch of the duck guys? The hard ones are where you have to do the secrets but with a timer and red coins

Yeah if you spray the sand castles up under a duck it flips them over and then you can ground pound and kill them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

i remember being in e-mail correspondence with an FAQ writer for FFVI because i couldn't figure out how to progress in the opera scene.

I wrote a tip into the highest rated gamefaqs guide for Metroid Prime 3 because nobody had a complete achievement list yet and I sent him all the requirements because I had 100%'d the game like 3 days after release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

One epic thing about Arma 3 RP is most of the people are streamers so every once in a while poo poo like in the middle of some Grizzled Italian American talking shop in a jail cell to a couple other guys one of them says "Hey guys thanks for the follow, really appreciate you hitting that follow button" out loud in game in a completely different voice.

Streamer culture ftw

• Locked thread