Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm willing to see what this game actually ends up being, but if they make us play as some dude I hope they learn the lesson that Spider-Man 2 did and give him some comically overpowered gimmick to offset how otherwise boring it's likely to be running around as a dude after running around as a super soldier and a super king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh, I just assume the secondary characters will be non-playable sidekicks for each hero to provide exposition, make it so your character doesn't just talk to himself the whole time, get you some extra healing, sneak ahead so you have an in-universe reason for huge GO HERE hud signs, and then in the final chapters it has like a captain america chapter with black panther as the second, and the very last one is BP with CA as the second.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Dawgstar posted:

We need basically him as Cap from Midnight Suns who is also Cap from the cartoon Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I am a little disappointed that it's not the same voice actor. Cap from Midnight Suns...IS Captain America to the bone.

Looking forward to some gameplay trailers. Wonder if it's gonna be Black Panther as sneaky glass cannon and Cap as melee tank or something to that effect.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Also Bucky is a child soldier.

I mean, he doesn't have to be. And by far right now the most popular mainstream version of Bucky is the one who wasn't. That said, yeah makes sense to put Gabe in.

Though I'll admit if there's a howling commando in I'm disappointed it's not Fury.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm willing to see what this game actually ends up being, but if they make us play as some dude I hope they learn the lesson that Spider-Man 2 did and give him some comically overpowered gimmick to offset how otherwise boring it's likely to be running around as a dude after running around as a super soldier and a super king

He has a gun and Cap and BP don't, case closed.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 21, 2024

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Having a gun in a video game makes you the exact opposite of interesting! There are games where you are a janitor that control like games with guns!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I believe they've said all 4 are playable, I'd guess stealth for the 2 normal humans and action melee stuff for Cap and Panther. Probably some early levels where you're locked to the Americans or Wakandans until they team up and then you can choose

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The two soldiers should just get to shoot Nazis. I wouldn’t mind some Call of Duty 2 in between the super hero segments.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

OnimaruXLR posted:

Having a gun in a video game makes you the exact opposite of interesting! There are games where you are a janitor that control like games with guns!

Ahti only says you're a janitor, he's just a sweet confused old man.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
But Jesse earns a janitor's jumpsuit after doing all his jobs, clearly she's a janitor too

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

OnimaruXLR posted:

comically overpowered gimmick

he has a trumpet!!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Most superhero games suck poo poo and it's depressing. Make a new Ultimate Alliance or Marvel Heroes or just have someone make a modern City of Heroes if they want a live service game so loving bad.

For a genre that's so naturally conducive to a video game environment, everyone sure seems to gently caress up these type of games more often than they should.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They did a Ultimate Alliance 5 years ago

jesus christ 5 years ago?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

And somehow still didn't make it as good as a PS2 game from 2006

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Ultimate alliance 3 sucked and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Remember the DC mmo? That was actually a pretty decent game. I didn't play CoH a ton but I liked the DC one better.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Remember the DC mmo? That was actually a pretty decent game. I didn't play CoH a ton but I liked the DC one better.

It's still technically running in that way that zombie MMOs do.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gaz-L posted:

It's still technically running in that way that zombie MMOs do.

It's still fairly decently populated. I logged on a couple months back and there were sizable groups of people everwhere.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Azubah posted:

Ultimate alliance 3 sucked and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

It was so bad. I dunno how you gently caress up that game but they did. Terrible story, super repetitive and unfun gameplay, locking things behind hours and hours of grinding, no replay value, stupid leveling system... ugh.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Grinding IS replay value!!!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Bought it on launch day and it sucked so bad. It looked nice and had a great roster of characters but the absolute worst part was that, unlike the other games, your bench characters had zero progression as you level up through the game. So with like 30 characters or whatever, if I wanted to experiment with different/fun lineups then I had to grind the living poo poo out of all of them in those stupid simulation missions.

They somehow found a way to make one of the best comic book games be incredibly lovely and boring. Half the fun of the old games was whipping out random characters occasionally and even if you haven't touched them all game, they'd be relatively close in level to your "mains".

I still have PTSD from that loving game

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Yeah that was a disappointment. I played through it twice trying to psych myself up about it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite are just embarassing follow ups to amazing games.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oddly I think my favorite in that line might be the original with X-Men Legends.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Oddly I think my favorite in that line might be the original with X-Men Legends.

I agree, the POV with Magma, the willingness to get weird with how the powers work, the smaller focus, all work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

My order would be Legends 2 - UA1 - Legends - UA2 - UA3.

I'd definitely only want to ever replay the first four on that list.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
yeah I would love another x-men legends with a bunch of weird mutants over a Marvel wide game

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's a shame Marvel Heroes got shut down because a child molester was really bad at his job.

RIP Groot Force

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Legends isn't my favorite but I do love the one mission in the Astral Plane where all you can use are Emma, Jean, and a massively overleveled Prof X.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

It's a shame Marvel Heroes got shut down because a child molester was really bad at his job.

RIP Groot Force

ICR did what?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Black Sunshine posted:

RIP Groot Force

What was the other goon group? Mighty Avegners or something? I had a lot of fun with that game being able to play as Jane Foster Thor and Ronin.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I tried to play Marvel Heroes but it had just too much of that free to play bloat. You know, where there's a billion different kind of currencies and crafting materials and unclear progression since it had been added on to so many times.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

What was the other goon group? Mighty Avegners or something? I had a lot of fun with that game being able to play as Jane Foster Thor and Ronin.

Avegners and Groot Force were the same clan thing, the name was just changed at some point.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

ICR did what?

All hail Sun God!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4iVv4MARE

Marvelwatch actually looks kinda good, huh!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Lol, someone in another thread was literally asking if Galacta had been used recently.

Also Lezard "Dr. Strange" Valeth.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

I'll try it.

Also lmao that they have Peni Parker simply to have a D.Va

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yes, but they also have Magik so it's fine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll try it.

Also lmao that they have Peni Parker simply to have a D.Va

I thought that was why they included Luna Snow.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Luna Snow is there so they can release K-Pop songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks okay. Definitely gonna main Magik.