Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Roger Craig Smith was Batman in that one, doesn't count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Just learned that the final battle you don't even fight Brainiac properly, he just turns into Flash and fights you with all of Flashes moves with extra hazards from the stage.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Just learned that the final battle you don't even fight Brainiac properly, he just turns into Flash and fights you with all of Flashes moves with extra hazards from the stage.

And you can look foward to doing that 12 more times

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Codependent Poster posted:

And you can look foward to doing that 12 more times*

*in the upcoming content releases

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
There is a Suicide Squad prequel comic call Suicide Squad: Kill Arkham Asylum. The story is about the 4 characters killing everyone in arkham.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

And you can look foward to doing that 12 more times

Well I am not, I didn't get the game.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

MonsterEnvy posted:

its like they were suppose to have him copy all justice league members you killed moveset, even though that's boring too, but they just gave up and didn't bother finishing it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Keeping up on how Suicide Squad is performing, it currently has about 2400 people playing it on Steam.

Arkham Knight has about 4500 people playing it now.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Skyrim has 10x as many players. for some reason.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Skyrim has 10x as many players. for some reason.

Sex mods.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Skyrim has so many mods at this point I'm sure there's one that turns you into a Suicide Squad member and lets you kill giant Supermen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd be down for seeing superman's model doing the Skyrim dragons animations

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Maybe everyone’s playing Arkham Knight because they heard suicide squad is worse than it

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Arkham Knight is my favorite Batman game. Including the Batmobile. I’d love another game like that instead of SS.

I’d even be happy with a ray-traced remaster.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Keeping up on how Suicide Squad is performing, it currently has about 2400 people playing it on Steam.

Arkham Knight has about 4500 people playing it now.

Dipping under 1k now. Always been genuinely mystified by this game.

Like, you have this game with a story nobody wanted, in a genre people were sick of, from a studio who don't specialize in this style of game.

And that game was called Anthem. It came out over five years ago. Did Rocksteady just never hear about it?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's the Arrested Development meme right? Everyone thinks it's going to work out for them, if it does, you get a game that makes you (you being the publisher in this case) a lot of money over a few years.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem is that AAA games take so long to make any more that they end up chasing trends that are dead and buried by the time they actually get released.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

If you told me suicide squad was a crackdown game with a DC mod I'd believe you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Oh yeah I finished gotham knights snd what a garbage ending lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How is this supposed to have a year of support when after a month the player base is probably gonna be like 500 people?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
That's probably what Rocksteady were asking their publisher while they were making it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

How is this supposed to have a year of support when after a month the player base is probably gonna be like 500 people?

It's going to be very hard to justify it! Internally the plan might have been "while we're in pre-pro for the next game and trying to figure out what that looks like, artists can be kept busy by churning out content for SS", a way to make sure their staff that would be involved in the later stages of the dev process won't be kept idle, but if the Joker stuff ends up being played by <100k people...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
at this point it's gonna be played by 100 people

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They probably have the advertised seasons in the can already and are ready to fire most of the staff during the last season and keep enough folk to push the last updates on their way out

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gaz-L posted:

Six? Wait, are you counting Injustice? That's very explicitly not the same world.

Origins, Blackgate, Asylum, City, Knight, VR.

Thinkin' I'm some scrub that thinks Injustice is Arkhamverse. Please. :colbert:

(If we want to count the mobile titles there's nine Arkham games in total before Kill the Justice League!)

Vandar fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 23, 2024

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Same way Avengers did (by cancelling all that and not bothering)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Same way Avengers did (by cancelling all that and not bothering)

Even Avengers performed better than this though, and had support for a couple of years. This game is gonna be lucky to last like three months, let alone a year.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

yeah, avengers added a bunch of post launch characters with story content and even had a full expansion

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-has-fallen-short-of-our-expectations-warner-bros-says

WB is now saying that SSKTJL fell short of their expectations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Oh word?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

hosed up if tru

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shocked Pikachu face

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 16 days!)

still having service after 4 weeks is outperforming expectations for me

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GateOfD posted:

still having service after 4 weeks is outperforming expectations for me

I assume there are enough contracts in place that closing it too early would cost more than just letting it run for a year.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I assume there are enough contracts in place that closing it too early would cost more than just letting it run for a year.

Maybe they can find a tax write off if they delete the game

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So a trailer for the canceled Spider-Man multiplayer leaked.

Looks like it would've been pretty fun. More of the same gameplay, and characters like Gwen, Silk, Miguel and more. Or maybe just skins, but we'll never know.

https://streamable.com/mclhda

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I don't really mean this as a burn or anything but it very literally just looks like Spider-Man 2 with multiplayer

Which may have been the point, in terms of being a teaser, but doesn't strike me as particularly exciting. Insomniac's Spider-Man games are highly enjoyable but hey don't quite have enough meat on their bones from a gameplay angle to support that kind of thing, by my reckoning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

OnimaruXLR posted:

I don't really mean this as a burn or anything but it very literally just looks like Spider-Man 2 with multiplayer

Which may have been the point, in terms of being a teaser, but doesn't strike me as particularly exciting. Insomniac's Spider-Man games are highly enjoyable but hey don't quite have enough meat on their bones from a gameplay angle to support that kind of thing, by my reckoning

Counterpoint, the combat can be so fun that who cares about story in a multiplayer heh.