Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

catlord posted:

Played A Matter of Family last night, and I can't help but feel that they should have had Jason instead of Tim as Robin in it. It would have given him a bit more to his character. Also it makes me realise that the movement abilities in Knight are pretty good, to the point where I can't think of a time when I needed the Line Launcher, so I'm always thrown when there's a puzzle I need it for because I just completely forget about it.

It should have been Dick, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363291

Here's a roundup on info regarding characters considered for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

Here's a roundup on info regarding characters considered for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

quote:

• Cloak & Dagger: They're visually interesting and sure leave an impact, and it's even more cool because they kind of feel like a Stand User and Stand from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! But, the backside of that is that with such an action-packed game, including assists, it'd get too hectic with them. And an actual quote was "The game won't be able to support 2 characters in 1 like this!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That reminds me, is that old X-men fighting game available anywhere?

Also, Miss Marvel? Uh there ain't no ring on there buddy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

That reminds me, is that old X-men fighting game available anywhere?

X-Men: Children of the Atom? It's never been rereleased since the PS1/Saturn releases, probably due to licensing. (I just checked and it's not on the PSN store, either.) I'm sure if you look around, the arcade ROM is readily available and playable on MAME.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Waffleman_ posted:

I wonder why Marvel pushed so hard for Nova

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I wonder why Marvel pushed so hard for Nova

he was getting a major comic push at the time and Guardians of the Galaxy was in production (though the Nova Corps there of course had almost nothing to do with the comic version.)

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I would rather have had Kingpin over MODOK.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

It's Ms. Marvel and it's always been Ms. Marvel for very specific reasons.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

he was getting a major comic push at the time and Guardians of the Galaxy was in production (though the Nova Corps there of course had almost nothing to do with the comic version.)

Your timeline is off. Guardians wasn't till years after MVC3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Your timeline is off. Guardians wasn't till years after MVC3.

It was already in planning though. Marvel was doing its movie announcements well in advance and GotG was one of the first they floated as early as like 2010.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
If I remember correctly, at the time, Disney wanted to make Guardians and cosmic Marvel in general a big deal because they wanted to have a big space-opera franchise.

Then they bought Lucasfilm outright and the plan got semi-abandoned.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Kevin Feige had said stuff like, "YEah, and we want to do crazy stuff like Guardians!!" the year before Ultimate MvC3, but Guardians development wasn't announced until the year after.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I swear to god if I can't main Squirrel Girl/Phoenix Wright in Infinite, I will smack Capcom.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Endless Mike posted:

X-Men: Children of the Atom? It's never been rereleased since the PS1/Saturn releases, probably due to licensing. (I just checked and it's not on the PSN store, either.) I'm sure if you look around, the arcade ROM is readily available and playable on MAME.

Yea that one, and that sucks. Loved that game, but never found a PS1 copy of it, and I'm sure now it goes for stupid amounts of money.

Skwirl posted:

It's Ms. Marvel and it's always been Ms. Marvel for very specific reasons.

Yea, Ms is used for an unmarried woman, it was also the name of the first truly feminist magazine. The list had her written Miss Marvel, which is so wrong for her character.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Ms. Can be used to describe both married and unmarried women, that's the point of the phrase.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm pretty sure the person typing it out just fell under the misassumption that Ms. is an abbreviation for Miss, much like Mr. is short for Mister.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, Ms is used for an unmarried woman, it was also the name of the first truly feminist magazine. The list had her written Miss Marvel, which is so wrong for her character.

No, "Miss" is used for an unmarried woman (as opposed to "Mrs."). "Ms." is deliberately ambiguous and may be applied to women regardless of marital status, which is why it was adopted by feminists. They felt that women deserved an identity that was not defined by their attachment to a man.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nipponophile posted:

No, "Miss" is used for an unmarried woman (as opposed to "Mrs."). "Ms." is deliberately ambiguous and may be applied to women regardless of marital status, which is why it was adopted by feminists. They felt that women deserved an identity that was not defined by their attachment to a man.

I'll have to go back to my 10th grade English teacher and tell her that she gave us all bad information.

She told us that Mrs was for married women, Miss was for women you were showing respect to, and Ms was for unmarried women. I've been using it incorrectly for decades.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Nipponophile posted:

Huh. I've been using "Miss" for unknown marital status and "Ms." for unmarried women. That's good to know.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just call everyone Doctor. You'll be wrong most of the time but they'll be flattered by your assumption of their intelligence and accomplishments.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Just call everyone Doctor. You'll be wrong most of the time but they'll be flattered by your assumption of their intelligence and accomplishments.

Or they think you're a Dr. Who fan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/856884759074545664

September 19

Ultron
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Rocket
Chun-Li
Strider
Chris Redfield

Mostly veterans aside from Ultron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2Hsig12h8

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Apr 25, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/marvelvscapcom/status/856884759074545664

September 19

Ultron
Hulk
Thor
Hawkeye
Rocket
Chun-Li
Strider
Chris Redfield

Mostly veterans aside from Ultron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ2Hsig12h8

You forgot Sigma.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Ultron Sigma is wonderfully dumb.

They should just go full Amalgam universe and fuse all the characters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

You forgot Sigma.

Sigma is DLC and only available if you buy the season pass.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rhonne posted:

Well it works better then most as they are both Robots.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That moment when Chris shoots Ultron Sigma vaguely reminds me of Cap standing up to Thanos in Infinity Guantlet.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rhonne posted:

i'd play as Ryuverine and Mega Iron Man for sure

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd buy a PS4 immediately for Viewtiful-man or Spider-Joe.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhonne posted:

I need to see Ultron Sigma fight Dark Kahn.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The story feels comic books in all the right ways, as opposed to something like Arkham Knight, which is comic books in all the worst ways.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I just hope infinite's story mode is better than sf5's story because hoo boy.

Actually I hope it's just better than sf5 in general.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Monaghan posted:

I just hope infinite's story mode is better than sf5's story because hoo boy.

Actually I hope it's just better than sf5 in general.

Both of these are real low bars.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, now that MvCI has a legit story mode with legit cutscenes, I want Phoenix Wright to return now more than ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, really digging deep in the roster of characters.

Though that's the only real problem I see.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

twistedmentat posted:

How so?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Like I said, every character that's been announced bar X, Sigma, Ultron, and Carol are returning characters from Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Still hoping for Kamala and Laura as Wolverine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If there were going to be any X-Men I think we'd have seen one by now.