Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Aphrodite posted:

There's an FAQ on their forums actually.

It's a port, but missing some of the content (nothing major, the stuff they took out isn't played very much.)

Coming to Xbox later.

No connection to PC servers or accounts.

Speaking as a man who's stupid enough to have spent hundreds of dollars to be a yellow god in that game, I'll pass on this version unless they link the PC version to it. The grind to unlock everyone without paying is ungodly long and not worth the trip again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

The best part of Scarecrow is his voice actor is Robert Englund.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

https://www.cbr.com/rumor-open-world-superman-game-arkhamverse/

Long rumored Superman sequel to Arkham series.

Made by Rocksteady

Unreal Engine 4

Big open world Metropolis (about 3 times the size of Arkham Knight with a lot more buildings)

Can’t play as Clark Kent

Main villain is Brainiac

Nerfed Superman (TAS Levels)

Semi-destructible environments(think AK, no buildings are falling over)

Combat system integrates the flying (kind of like DBZ, you can punch someone then zoom towards them and repeat)

Set within the Arkhamverse

Tons of easter eggs to Superman’s lore, and some to the events that took place in the Batman Arkham Franchise

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/7/17326678/fortnite-avengers-crossover-thanos

Thanos is coming to fortnite tomorrow. What that means is supposedly you find the infinity gauntlet on the map and you become Thanos. I'm guessing you'll wipe out half the competing players when you are him.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Less Powerful in that he is not on the level of his stupidly powerful versions. AKA he is at the level were there are quite a few things capable of challenging him.

All you have to do is give him the level of powers as he is starting out, where he can take a bullet but not a full on assault because it hurts him just enough he has to regroup. Don't give him the strength to punch planet but enough power to where if he hits a normal man they rag doll. Done.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

Lego DC Super-Villains trailer (CG, no gameplay):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2gn1Qmf9eo

https://details Among other things, the story centers around a player-created character, which I don't believe have been playable in a Lego game outside Free Play mode before. Also, the plot is very loosely based on Forever Evil, which wasn't a great comic, but I can see how the "villains vs. evil Justice League" premise could work here.

Lego usually is pretty good, so I have a bit of faith.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I love Spider-Man so much, and I absolutely melted at the Stan Lee cameo because I know we are getting real close to him not doing them anymore, his little cute statement was the best.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I beat Spider-Man last week and Platinum-ed the game, here's my thoughts:

I cried like a baby with the Aunt May scene telling how proud she is of him.

I saw a lot of complaints about Mr. Negative in reviews just disappearing after Ock takes over, but I didn't clear all the demon stuff before this happened, it felt like he was still a big part.

I kinda wish the Sinister Six battles were split up more, they had cool ides how the battles played out but I think it'd been neat to fight them individually.

Far as Goblin, I was REALLY surprised about Harry, but you know they cast the right person for Norman, it's the actor that played Bogs in Shawshank Redemption. He'll have a great character turn in the next one guaranteed.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Not necessarily. They just opened a new studio for Crystal Dynamics up here near Seattle specifically to work on that project. It'd be a little dumb if they didn't have a trailer, but it's entirely possible that their heads are still down and we won't hear more about it until 2020 or beyond. A big triple-A game takes time to make.

**Insert "It's been 80 years." meme here**

Seriously , this game was in development before Marvel Heroes died.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

I know it's only a mobile game (with all the crap that likely entails), but this trailer looks v. cool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3woPXLn9obE
I doubt the game can live up to it, but still.

NetMarble is honestly very generous in their games. It's not as scummy as most, so I have my hopes. Future Fight is a pretty great game as it is.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

As someone on Twitter pointed out, if you look closely at the eyes of the Superman in that image you can see cracks around the skin.

Either Superman is getting some Kryptonian crows feet, or that’s a Bizzaro.

Also seeing this game reminds me that they planted the seed for this game in a post credit sequence for Arkham Origins of all places.

Was coming here to post this theory. Dunno though, people REALLY seemed to want a Arkham style Superman game, the advertising having it be Suicide Squad just comes across like "HAHA, GOTCHA!" I hope it's good, but unless James Gunn's movie WOWs me I've never really cared about them.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

It feels like Suicide Squad based on the leaks, should've been a Flash game and honestly a Flash game would've been neat to work with instead of what we're getting.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

So is all of She Hulk in Avengers scrapped or will that be the very last hurrah release?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

She-Hulk and Captain Marvel are both cancelled.

That sucks but then again this game didn't like to have any characters that played any different than others so Carol was a definite dead end.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

MorningMoon posted:

I'm assuming like five to seven bosses. Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and The Flash as the JL members you gotta 'kill', Braniac as teh final boss, and maybe you do get to fight Lex Luthor, and I could see like one more small one getting in there maybe.

I'm really confused that they said in the playstation direct, and in their website, that this is five years after Arkham Knight. I thought maybe a different person took over the Batman mantle but it's still Kevin Conroy so idk

Batman retired for all of five months and came back using Scarecrow fear gas as part of his repertoire.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Is there ANY GaaS game that was successful that adds characters and is still active?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

That counts? They add characters but they all cost and they don't change the game in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Suicide Squad's S1 update dropped today, now with Joker*.

There are no new missions/mission types, no new story content, there's one new boss fight.

*Joker is not playable out of the box. He's unlockable for $10, or with a few hours of grinding in order to get the mastery pass level high enough to unlock him - I've seen it estimated at 5-6 hours.

The way they make it seem that they were adding new characters for free.