Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's kind of baffling how little info has been released about MVC infinite. I remember MVC 3 had characters trailers like once a month after the official announcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

At this point all they have to do is promise it will be a full, finished game at launch and it'll have a leg up on SFV.

I would love them to have a proper story mode, since it'd be so much fun to have marvel characters and capcom characters interacting. It was a real missed opportunity of mvc3.

All we got were 30 second endings. :(

... also netcode that wasn't total rear end and didn't take 5 minutes to find a match would be good.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I just hope infinite's story mode is better than sf5's story because hoo boy.

Actually I hope it's just better than sf5 in general.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I did 100% replays of both arkham asylum and Arkham city multiple times. I only beat Arkham Knight once. Having the batmobile in that game proves why you shouldn't always cave in to fan demands.

Having professor pig in the game as pretty awesome though

Maybe I should try the DLC,

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

http://i.imgur.com/c8lxjTJ.gifv

Everything about Flash in this one is awesome.

I'm not a big fan of Neverealm fighters, but I love the details they put in for things like this.

A ton of their intro's in MK X were golden.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Man does Infinite look like a piece of crap.

I'm way more excited about the DBZ fighter that's coming out for god's sake.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

So I played MvCI and it's...not that good? Why is it not that good?

Couple reasons off the top of my head.
1. Graphics are sup-par
2. The roster is uninspiring
3. They made it 2v2 for no discernible reason.
4. They got rid of the fun/importance of having a good team composition by removing assists, replacing those with gems.
5. Lot of the characters are just copy and pasted from mvc 3.
6. Gameplay seems kinda clunky (at least in the video's I've seen.)

I was hoping that Capcom learned their lessons from the shitshow that was sf5 but nope.

As Roth said at least DBZ looks super hype.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Vixena. Classy!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The first season was godawful with the whole vicky vale thing and people being instantly cool with the sons of arkham despite the fact they murdered two people on live tv (one being just a debate moderator).

not to mention harvey goes from "somewhat normal guy" to completely paranoid nutbar in the span of one episode.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

used to be way more completionist in the open world games, but now with time a factor, I just go for the main stories and any interesting side quest stuff. A huge problem with these games is "Wow look how huge the world is! Please ignore how there's absolutely nothing to do!"

My girlfriend jokes about my huge backlog of games. Although god help me when dbz fighter z comes out because I likely won't be playing any other game for like a year.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I owned Maximum Carnage as a kid and played the poo poo out of it, but the game by all objective standards is loving terrible. It's nearly impossible to beat without cheat codes and there's not nearly enough enemy variety.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

That's what you get when you make Spider-man a cop.

Yeah helping out the cops and being cool with one police official does not equal cop. It's like saying batman's a cop because he's buddies with commissioner gordan.

The surveillance system is creepy poo poo though. I think they wanted a tower mechanic and didn't think through the implications on that one.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 12, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Finished spider man, loving great,I'm more surprised at the revelation that Norman really cares about Harry. I think it's the first time I can remember that Norman had something more than disdain for his son.

Also otto's heel turn was a little fast, but drat it made for a good emotional finale. It gave Peter and Otto a connection without feeling contrived. This is by far my favourite portrayal of doc ock.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 9, 2018

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Games as services allows companies to demand that you pay the price of a regular release and then keep paying them more money as they keep adding poo poo. A lot of the times, the poo poo they should have added should be in the base game. Also, surprise, if you don't pay for the poo poo they keep adding you're often at a competitive disadvantage.

I have little hope for the new rocksteady game.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Insomniac has said that one they definitely aren't doing is the Amazing movie suit.

Not surprising since pretty much everyone hated the suit in the first movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y50b8yo9SHU
New episode of "What Happened?" about Suicide Squad. Also has some info about that canceled Bat-game that would have been kind of Batman Beyond but with Damien in the suit.

Jesus Christ I cannot believe it was in development for fourteen goddamn years. What a disaster.