Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wanderer posted:

Black bodysuit, red spider logo across the torso on both sides, red eyes on the mask.

That sounds like Thunderbolt era Venom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/EVComedy/status/1038486809737617408

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure trying to gold rank these challenge tokens is going to break my goddamn mind. Or at least my controller.

You don't need to do that to platinum the game, if that's your goal.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

You need 39 total for suits. So if you're not confident in getting golds, make sure you keep that many and don't waste them on gadgets if you want all the suits.

I haven't unlocked all of them yet, but of the ones I have I seriously can't imagine wanting all of them. I'll probably even save some tokens for DLC because I really hope one of them has the Fantastic Bagman costume or the Future Foundation one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

They don't have the right to any fantastic four paraphernalia sadly

Marvel doesn't have the rights to FF gear? because they're currently publishing a comic named Fantastic Four. And I don't think the movie deal ever applied to videogames since the FF are in both Ultimate Alliance games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

There has to be something up though, right? The Baxter Building should be right there in NY, but it's not one of the monuments to snap like the Sanctum or Avengers Tower.

It's a bit weird, since there's Avengers tower and as far as I know zero references to the Avengers existing outside that.

I'm hoping, since they are currently working on the DLC there might be some reference to the FF. Maybe in a sequel where they help Spider-Man get rid of a certain black suit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

IIRC, the FF/X-Men licensing ban wasn't relaxed until last year, so it might have been too late to add it. idk

That's why I hoping for it in the DLC. I know the first one is Black Cat centric but we don't have much info on the other ones.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Didn't Ultimate Alliance 1 have a BRB skin for Thor? Could've sworn it did...

I haven't played it in forever, but I'm pretty sure you're right.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

There really is a poo poo load of different tools you have in combat. It's tough to remember all of them. The only thing I don't like about the challenges is that there's nothing to explain exactly how to improve your score in the stealth and combat challenges. Arkham explained everything at the end of each challenge. I had to experiment with the stealth in particular.

The bombs and drones were how I got a few golds to have enough tokens for all the suits.

I think it's like 90% time for combat and stealth.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Well duh. Ditko would've had MJ be the one fretting over when to stop caring for and trying to redeem a friend, and Peter would sneer and explain that as soon as one chooses a life of crime, they have forfeited all right to empathy.

Ditko never drew MJ.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The stealth sequences are worth it for taking selfies. Especially MJ next to a Sable agent she just tasered, I was actually dissapointed there wasn't one with the fire where she's helping evacuate people and you still have the taser.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I want the next game to have Peter trying to help the world out by working at Oscorp on hyper efficient personal gliders to cut down on pollution and aid in search and rescue.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Are you loving kidding me that Kaine's Scarlet Spider is going to be DLC

There's a DLC story that includes Kain's Scarlet Spider suit. There's dozens of suits in the base game, including the original Scarlet Spider suit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ZDar Fan posted:

Just started the Spidey DLC myself. Detective Mackey is totally Black Cat's dad, right?

yup, though I'm an idiot and didn't figure it out until the end of the sidequest where they told me

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Holy gently caress they just announced Ultimate Alliance 3

And mother-loving Lockjaw is in it.

Probably as a playable character, since I'm willing to bet everyone else in that picture is playable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

After the most recent Marvel vs Capcom I'm definitely going to wait for reviews.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

What does a game developed and published by Capcom have to do with one developed by Team Ninja and published by Nintendo other than sharing a license?

It's a new game in a well regarded series after a long absence, I'm just being cautious.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

I'm just hoping Wolverine, Storm, and Nightcrawler are the tip of the X-Men iceberg. It would also be cool if they actually do add a couple of Nintendo characters this time around– iirc that was the (scrapped) plan for the Wii version of MUA. Let me have a team with Captain America, Falcon, and Captain Falcon.

Add Bayonetta you cowards.

The F4 seem conspicuously absent looks like, also looks like no Silver Surfer or Namor so there goes my OG Defenders team.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

Looks fun. I like the heroic camera. Now we just need to hear about alternate costumes.

Yeah, honestly the worst part of 2 was that they only had one alternate costume per hero.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TheNamedSavior posted:

Square's Avengers game looks not very promising to me. Insomniac's Spider-Man gave us an interpretation of the character that was trying to stand out from the other Spider-Men, something original. Square's Avengers looks like soulless MCU cash in. Plus Deus Ex was left on a cliffhanger just to make it. gently caress that.

What are you basing this on, there's literally almost no information available.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

I was playing Ultimate Alliance 1 and there's a side quest where you have to choose between two hackers, one of which is named CB Cebulski and is the correct option because he's totally trustworthy and would never sell out his friends

:v:

That's funny as hell, but not really related to Cebulski's actual unethical behavior

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The thing is that it's not quite so simple. Games have not increased their price in 12 years while the complexity and development time for everything has increased. Making a new costume now is a significantly greater investment of time. A lot of this stuff just straight-up would not exist without paid DLC .When you talk about how we 'used to get with the base game' you're talking about games that had fewer polygons total than Spider-Man's asscrack has these days.

That doesn't mean it can't be predatory or scammy but it isn't a case of "it would be free if not for that." It's far more likely a lot of it straight-up wouldn't exist.

I get that it's more complicated now, but Spider-Man PS4 has a bazillion and 2 costumes in the base game.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The free content is probably (hopefully) like the free missions in Asscreed Odyssey.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

There's gonna be costume swap at least.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, is that what that patch was? Cool. Kinda thought they'd save those for a sequel.

I almost feel bad for them in regards to the sequel, since they'll need to include so many costumes straight out of the box.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Double if Miles is playable, and Miles isn't a character who's had a lotta different looks.

Yeah, I can only think of a handful. Comic book suit, new one for the game (a la the one with the white spider logo), the spray painted one from the Spiderverse movie, just a normal hoodie from the same movie, and then I'm out of ideas.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

you mean it doesn't have a suit with sweatpants bottoms and bare feet already?

That's going to be my Halloween costume. Currently working on the beer belly (for authenticity).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I just read a review that says UA3 has a bunch of stat management bullshit which makes me very happy. I'd say I'm curious to see online play but then unfortunately it's Nintendo so I already know it's rear end.

Can you put it on auto and ignore it? The first MUA let you pick and choose when you unlocked special abilities and manually manage your equipment, but also had an auto level and auto equipment system that worked well enough on normal difficulty playing with friends.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I was more referring to how poorly (which is to say not at all) Nintendo has implemented the simplest poo poo like voice chat or inviting friends to games.

I think the voice chat thing is on purpose so ten year olds can play online without "gamer words" being screamed at them. Like, obviously voice chat with your friends should be obvious and intuitive at this point in online gaming, but everyone has a cellphone with unlimited minutes and usually wifi calling if your signal is bad, so it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Origins was the absolute worst for Riddler Trophies, because instead of capturing Riddler or punching him in his stupid smug face, your reward for finding all the Enigma trophies was finding out that Enigma was The Riddler, which any idiot guessed the minute the character was introduced.

Isn't his real name E(dward) Nygma?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The Batmobile was amazing because they actually admitted prior to Arkham Knight they couldn't think of a way to make the Batmobile fun but it was the #1 most requested thing and whoops, turns out that it isn't actually that fun to Batmobile.

Is there any game that both has a fun car driving section and cars aren't the main focus of the game?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Just cause?

Maybe? I bounced off 3 hard because everything besides the physics was boring as hell (plus it felt like CIA propaganda) and haven't played any of the others, but at best that's ripping off a car game and making the non car parts better (Grand Theft Auto).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

DickBatt

He'd probably be better suited for the revenge system, too

I would kill a man to get a Dickbats game of a similar quality to the Arkham games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

It was really weird finding out that DC Universe Online is still being supported enough that it's doing its own version of Dark Knights Metal

Wait, what?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also, the way they wrote Batman in those games, there's no way he wouldn't have just snapped Joker"s neck the next time they met after seeing the video of Jason Todd "dying." The timeline makes no sense because it had to have happened before Arkham City.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It'd be cool if one of these games didn't take place over the course of one night.

I love that the massive increase of collectibles means it's literally impossible to 100% Arkham Knight within the time period it's supposed to take place in.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I'm still pretty sure the original Owls storyline was first conceived as a Dickbats story.

It was within the first year of the reboot, right? and Snyder had been writing a killer Dickbats before. I believe it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bitching about a game because it starts with you beating up cops makes me suspicious of you.

I loved the PS4 Spider-Man game, but I wasn't a fan of the side missions that were based around improving the NYPD's surveillance network.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Just for point of reference, what is the other bad platinum game?

I didn't play it, but I remember people not liking the Korra game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

Is Ultimate Alliance 3 worth getting a DS for? I just saw there's an X-Men update with Jean and Bobby and my lizard brain did a cartwheel

Almost certainly not.