Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

I wonder if they ever did one with Mark Hamill’s Batman and Kevin is the Joker

Not exactly but in Brave and the Bold they had Hamill playing The Specter and Conroy as the Phantom Stranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Oh, turns out Conroy had more in the pipeline, and that's why Rocksteady and Warner Brothers games were so confident in disrespecting his legacy by killing Batman in Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad: Kill the.. Justice? League? Wha-?

https://twitter.com/SYACVG/status/1752793286517907844

Kevin Conroy didn't play Batman in Gotham Knights?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

As far back as Arkham Origins, the question of canon as far as those games goes has been kinda a moot point

I've seen this come up multiple times and I'm never quite sure why. There are multiple points in Arkham Knight where Origins is 100% confirmed as canon

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Idk I haven't reached that part.

It is literally the premise of the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, they were 4 identities Peter adopted (With the help of some gadgets and inexplicably a magic shadow suit) where he basically only used some of this powers so he could keep superheroing without people going "Heyyyy, that's Spider-Man."

Which is one of those things that emphasizes how loving insane Spider-Man's powerset is that any one of his given power is enough to be an effective as hell hero.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

I mean, yeah, except Doomsday is small potatoes compared to the likes of Paste Pot Pete.

It was very explicable! He got it from the Negative Zone by helping save their people. It was the only one of the personas he basically had lying around and didn't have to create from scratch for the event.

I meant more "Peter Parker happened to have a magic extradimensional shadow suit (NO NOT THAT ONE, VENOM HAS THAT ONE) lying around" which is very ??? if you aren't aware of the comic plot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA4iVv4MARE

Marvelwatch actually looks kinda good, huh!

Lol, someone in another thread was literally asking if Galacta had been used recently.

Also Lezard "Dr. Strange" Valeth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll try it.

Also lmao that they have Peni Parker simply to have a D.Va

I thought that was why they included Luna Snow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly if you wanted to make the Hulk feel powerful, you could make Bruce into a Mercy-style character with a, I don't know, gamma healing laser and once he heals enough he can transform into the hulk for smashing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Opopanax posted:

I hope it's just PC exclusive for a short amount of time

I mean it's a live service game. Odds are 50/50 it will only exist for a short amount of time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My biggest problem with it is the problem I have with a lot of superhero stuff in that it seems genuinely afraid to adopt actual superhero aesthetics so you get basically military-looking stuff, which is extra goofy in a game called Capes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, not going to lie, "Arkham Asylum except the random Riddler CLues and poo poo you have to find are instead things you can use in court" would own.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Speaking of which, what would be the best way to integrate Peter Parker into a Spider-Man game? Anyone have any ideas of actually doing poo poo outside of the suit and being interesting? I'm mostly just thinking game comparisons because I know that it'd have to still be open world but like, Bully?

I don't think you can. Nothing you can have Peter doing is going to be as fun as swinging around as Spider-Man. The best you can get is like Peter's Science Minigames in the Insomniac games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lobok posted:

Peter and Dr. Connors working in the lab to concoct antidotes but it plays like Overcooked.

The big thing here is whether any Peter stuff would be mandatory. There's stuff that can be interesting but it will probably feel like a real slog whenever the main plot demands non-Spidey sections.

If you don't make it mandatory or effectively mandatory (i.e: valuable rewards) nobody would touch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Disaster Report/Dead Rising style game where you're trying to get photos as a relatively normal dude in the middle of a Mega Crossover Event would kind of own.