Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

there was an injustice 2 stream today and flash's super move is amazing https://clips.twitch.tv/HonestVivaciousStrawberryTakeNRG

also it gave us our first look at the Reverse Flash premium skin that comes with the ultimate edition https://clips.twitch.tv/TolerantCrackyHawkNononoCat

this game is shaping up to look pretty great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Freeze and Power Girl were on the same initial leak list that's been 100% correct so far, and both are basically confirmed by now as premier skins. Power Girl's in the fancy special editions but Freeze seems to be just a special gear drop in the normal game.

The other list hasn't had anything confirmed that wasn't on the original one though so Starfire and Red Hood (with Blackfire and Arkham Knight skins, respectively) would be the big things that could confirm that other list. They might be DLC or something but we've been told they'll announce some of the DLC characters before the game launches.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rhonne posted:

Ultron Sigma is wonderfully dumb.

They should just go full Amalgam universe and fuse all the characters.

i'd play as Ryuverine and Mega Iron Man for sure

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The DLC is probably not going to be available at launch (except for Darkseid who is preorder bonus DLC).

If it were any other company doing this I'd be rolling my eyes at it, but Netherrealm does such a good job with their DLC characters and supports their games so long-term I can't really hate on it. We're getting at least 9 total (10 with Darkseid, then maybe more), all of them with a buttload of gear and alternate moves and stuff like everyone else, probably some of them with Premier Costumes (like the Supergirl -> Powergirl or Flash -> Reverse Flash ones).

I fully bought into the bullshit and preordered the Ultimate Edition (which isnt that bad with the best buy GCU discount. or the amazon discount) so i'm probably biased though

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, also, if anyone's not into paying 60bux for the game, it seems like the mobile version is going to have the whole story mode with identical cutscenes.

I mean, if all you want is to watch the story mode cutscenes, they've been uploaded to youtube by a bunch of different people by now. I wouldn't want to suggest people torture themselves with the mobile game's grindy-rear end setup and awkward controls just to watch that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

People are just assuming that Mr. Negative is the main villain because he was the focus of the gameplay sequence, but Kingpin showed up in that too and I doubt Mr. Negative is going to be the focus of the entire game

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i just cant wait to have hellboy beat the poo poo out of superman, honestly

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Timby posted:

Jesus, Marvel really is cracking down on keeping the X-Men out of games.

They actually just eased up on this and are allowing it again, but all the games coming out now were made before that decision changed

They'll probably try to do some X-Men DLC

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

On the PC version heroes cost between 200 to 600 eternity splinters, (most of them are 400) and you earn about 1 splinter every 8 minutes, with a chance that 1 splinter drop could be a 2, 5, 10, or 100 at random instead. Basically you get 1 hero of choice free, then 400 splinters to spend how you want, and by the time you're done with playing those two(or three) characters to max level you'll have enough splinters to get another hero or two for free

It's pretty generous honestly. Just takes some time. Splinters drop from everything you do so there's no splinter-specific grind or anything. The cash shop things are mostly cosmetic or boosts

Don't know about the console version but it's supposed to be similar. Worth noting it has a lot less content and like half the roster hasn't been added to it yet. PC version is a lot better for now

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i thought Arkham Knight was the one everyone hated, because of the batmobile stuff being really mediocre

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

maximum carnage was pretty mediocre, but Seperation Anxiety, it's sequel, added co-op with Spidey and Venom and it was a lot better for it. the game was still pretty much the same but having two people play it was more fun

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Batman season 1 was alright, and season 2 actually put a really fun and interesting spin on the Joker, which I haven't seen anyone bother to do in a while. particularly if you befriend him enough to make him a vigilante instead of a villain in the final episode, and how everything plays out after that with his violent tendencies pushing him too far and crossing those lines batman doesnt want to cross. he's so upset that he can't be more like batman. he just wanted to be friends. it's a really weird, interesting take.

i've heard the GotG thing telltale did was rushed and by the B-team and isn't very good though, which is a shame

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Jason Todd didn't exist in the Arkham games until Knight either.

That's really what made it lame. They tried to pull out Jason Todd as a big surprise when there was absolutely no buildup or investment in the character outside of like, one or two weird hallucination things. Which were only there to tell you that the Knight was going to be Jason, and killed it's own surprise.

If they had made dealing with guilt over Jason a thing in Arkham City or something it would have felt more natural but this was just kind of a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i cant see spidey staying on playstation. hes such a big selling point for the game, with his own special event and everything, it just sounds absurd

i imagine whats really going to happen is spidey is a timed exclusive and will come out elsewhere later on, but the ps4 spidey outfit specifically will be exclusive to ps4 permanently

if i cant play as spidey on pc im probably just not going to buy the game. i have a ps4 but this is a multiplayer-focused game and im not going to loving pay a subscription to play online when its free to do it on pc. so if they're gonna ask me to do that im just gonna skip the game. which sucks because it looks cool and spidey was my #1 pick for an extra hero