Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I've been playing it since it came out. No big surprises or anything, if you liked the first one/MKX you'll like this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Pizza Dog standing on her shoulders

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal may be awful in general, but the whole shader thing means I can play as a Blue Lantern so I'll take it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So just a heads up, if you joined a guild day one and then forgot all about it, you have to actually go to the guild page to get rewards.

I've had to sit through me receiving and then opening 53 mother boxes this morning

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jeffry Combs was such a great pick for Brainiac, he really nails it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You know, I have a sneaking suspicion they're putting Atom in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm like 3 achievements short in City because after 3 starring all the Catwoman stuff I just couldn't go back

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

... to playing with a good character instead of her?

I know, it just broke me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also while the collection can be tedious the Riddler rooms are fun.

Making him into Jigsaw is one of the best interpretations I've seen

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Roth posted:

I'm honestly more excited for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 than I probably should be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPsFCr9rUo

These games are always really basic but I just keep managing to get sucked in to doing 100% every time when I buy one.

Already preordered. It's nice to have something I can play with my 5 year old and he loves all the lego ones

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hanging out with Redfield too much

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What they need is to develop their own IPs so they can actually make the choices matter and not be tied to someone else's continuity

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

You know, I have a sneaking suspicion they're putting Atom in.

I was right!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was moving around a bit and had to take about 2-3 months off from gaming, then when I got back into it I played Phantom Pain and Fallout 4. Between all of that I don't think I'll ever make a dent in my backlog (Witcher 3 is sitting there taunting me too)

Content wise though I certainly don't mind having a lot to do, but I'd rather have a really fun, 8-10 hour game than some open world epic where I'm just doing the same 3 or 4 things over and over again for weeks.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ahaha, I saw that on istragram and assumed it was a joke. I’m really glad I bought the ultimate edition.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm glad they're going back to the old style, Avengers was a step down from the first Lego Marvel game in a lot of ways.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's a step down from a lot of other LEGO games too. Too often the coop mode steals control from one player or leaves them with nothing to do for ages.

Although Squirrel Girl and the Nut Buster suit were great.

Yeah I've been running through them with my 5 year old and it's not great when one of us keeps losing the ability to do anything so we can play the world's lamest mini games

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

It seems like they're all separate characters with assist specials and a shared super.

I read something earlier that says it'll depend on your loadout. ie you pick the weapon and that'll determine which turtle you are

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Like it matters; it’s an Arkham game, he’ll have 20 costumes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or just play Spider-Man 2 again, as god intended

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I always thought the KOTOR/Mass Effect system would actually work well for a Superman game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Turn based with some modified powers. It would be weird but it could work.

I mean not now, since bioware is dead, but In fantasyland

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They were really buggy at first and launched without achievements, but they're good now.
I mean other than charging way too much for a port, that's still the main issue.
I can play them with my 5 year old though and that's the main feature for me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SonicRulez posted:

Having a big fight against someone like Doomsday and also trying to preserve as much of the city as possible is exactly what I would expect from Superman. Trying to fight while also being conscientious of the citizens or like catching a car he threw at you and placing it down instead of throwing it back.

All of that is true but would make for a bad game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How long was there between Winter Solider showing up and the Bucky reveal? It’s been a while since I read the run but it can’t have been that long

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm somewhere in episode 2 of the gotg one, but I keep forgetting about it and moving on to other games. It's not bad, just mediocre and by the numbers

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Finally. I’ve been wanting to quit Academy for a while but had too much sunk cost to just quit. I doubt there’s much of a purge there, tinyco hasn’t really supported that game in months. They haven’t advanced the main story missions in about a year, and they functionally broke it in their big redesign. The characters straight up use “the way things are here is unsustainable” as a plot point for the final missions.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rumour is youre a shield agent, so presumably some customization there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The way they handled Joker in Knight was really well done and had a great resolution, I think they're smart enough to not do that again.
Really the only one he's out of place in is Origins and that was a different team

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think the problem with driving in open world games is that it's very, very easy to get off course, at which point you either trigger a fail state (not fun) or realize that you have all the time in the world to get where you're going (relatively fun, but undercuts the hell out of any stakes or tension).

I kind of wonder why there's no open world games where, instead of a bunch of super authored checkpoints and mission objectives, you have really vague objectives which you are free to pursue in any number of crazy ways. Sort of like the Hitman formula, but writ large(er)

(Probably because the amount of budget necessary to create a decent open world is directly at odds with the kind of experimental "Let's see if it works!" kind of systemic game design that could result in such a thing)

We have MGS5

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Roth posted:

The Arkham combat system just wasn't made for a one on one boss fight, but they sure did try with Origins.

I mean the Mr. Freeze fight is the best fight in the series, it's just pretty much impossible to make that lightning strike twice

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It went FTP on consoles a while back, that probably drummed up a lot of support

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

omg chael crash posted:

Remember that weird Batman FPS?

Imposters? That was actually pretty fun, although definitely just had the batman brand stamped on it for no reason

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah I had it spoiled for me and was kind of bummed, but then I actually played the game and realized I would have figured it out in 5 minutes given how loudly they telegraph it. Not exactly the most solid mystery.
I did kind of like the end with the bat ears breaking off and his helmet getting turned into a red hood one, that was kind of neat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mean nobody wanted to see Joker again, but the end being him pathetically begging as he fades out kind of made up for it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It was just so unnecessary, especially without Hamill. They should have just done a tease at the end like in Begins but they had to shove him in there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Android Blues posted:

Batman being a giant jerk who starts his career by breaking into GCPD headquarters and beating up the police felt odd. It was definitely less tonally fun than the previous games.

That's pretty common in early Batman stories though. GCPD is ridiculously corrupt before Gordon takes over

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was pretty much confirmed early on, it's going to be a games a service thing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m tentative but I definitely need more info. If it’s just cosmetic items or whatever I can live without it, if it’s something that directly affects gameplay yeah gently caress that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/juanbuis/status/1199651576236957697