Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just play Injustice 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If they never announce it, they won't have to delay it for a year down the road

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Punisher would be best with a small open world, and a single night mission. Basically Arkham City but with very different combat.
Hell make it a defenders game with MK, Luke Cage, etc game play similar to how the Arkham games added in night wing and others

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For a Punisher game rip off Raid/Dredd. Frank goes to a building but it’s a trap by the kingpin or whoever and the whole place is flooded with bad guys. Make it semi open world within the building or more of a Castlevania approach where you build a larger and larger arsenal.
So Arkham Asylum rather than City I guess

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Spider-Man supporting cops makes sense because his fundamental character is a naive, hope filled kid. That doesn't mean he has to be shown as right about it or you can't do shades of gray or anything, but Parker himself liking cops makes sense with who he is.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

His character is a bitter loner with emotional angst.

Turn on your monitor :smaug:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

15/16 year olds don't always make the best decisions about who to look up to

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

Into the game? You mean he won't be sharing equal space with Harley right on the game box?

They'll save that for the GOTY edition

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It looks like it has the potential to be fun but it's definitely something I'm going to wait on some reviews from actual human beings on.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Soonmot posted:

lol i deleted it before reading, but apparently the avengers game is going to have some sort of partnership with fortnight. Yeah, this is gonna be a money grab and I'm skipping it.

Looks like it's just some skins in Fortnite because of the beta. They've done a few Marvel crossovers the last year or two

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't want to play a game where I kill Superman though. He's Superman. Not even an evil version.

We don't know that. Could be an Injustice type deal.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Does the new Avengers game have any kind of couch co-op?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did they seriously delist the MUA remakes? Didn't those just come out a year or two ago?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MorningMoon posted:

For me its usually "*gif of relief* oh thank god, i thought [trending] died"

I follow a lot of artists and once in a while someone will just do a portrait of an old actor I like and it scares me every single time

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

DD would just be an Arkham game with the Thief darkness mechanic, and that actually sounds dope

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Avengers definitely feels like a "buy the $50 complete edition next year" kind of game. Lack of couch co-op is super disappointing, at least if I could play it with my kid I'd probably justify it

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I really liked Shattered Dimensions. I think I'm the only one but I just really loved it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So now that more people are playing it, is the Avengers game worth getting?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is the deluxe edition seriously just $25 more for a set of black costumes and nameplates?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The other problem with the mtv show was that they were tied to the movie continuity and this couldn't use any of the usual villans, because they had to save those for the movies. It was an odd idea

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tom Holland is also 24, people can just look young

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've been catching up on X-men and this just popped into my head; A Wolverine game that's just a reskinned Yakuza game. Make it happen, Sega!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still looking forward to playing it when it's half off on boxing day

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Look at you all, pretending you could be dumber than DC

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

My guess is you’re a shield agent (or sword or whatever), and/or you’re fighting the brood or something, but yeah seems kind of pointless

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok after reading the article this is just a journalist apparently relating what he was told, so it could just be a misunderstanding

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah the single player story side of Avengers was good, if they'd not bothered with the GaaS stuff and put more into that it would have been a really great game. Hopefully they learned their lesson

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"Hey, Wolverine's on this team right?"
"Yeah probably, toss him in"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lobok posted:

The cynic in me thinks that they had an idea of which characters they wanted to use and market, and then went looking for a team in the past that most closely resembled it.

"We really want to use Iron Man and Wolverine, have they been on any teams?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I find card games just tend to be way too much management. I want to just go in and play my game, not spend three hours building decks and then deciding what to use where every level

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Blade: Some mother-skaters are always trying to gently caress uphill

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

"Outfits inspired by the Marvel Cinematic Universe"

Then what were the default outfits?!

Specific ones. They had some Black Widow ones and a couple from Endgame

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

muscles like this! posted:

Don't know if this was mentioned but Tony Todd is voicing Venom in Spider-Man 2. So still unclear who is actually in the suit.

Maybe it's Tony Todd!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I like everything I'm seeing and hearing about it but Marvel games have next to no goodwill left so I'm definitely going to wait and hear what people think. Although at this point I'll probably wait until December anyways when it no doubt goes on sale for at least 25% off

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You could pretty much put Travis in the costume and have it work

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is that a new record, remastering a 3 year old game?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They all call me mad but I still say the best idea for a supes game has him depowered and regaining his abilities piece by piece, and not open world, have him be escaping from Brainiac's prison or Warworld or something

(also the powers usage is a KOTOR style wheel in my mind shut up it would work)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

thebardyspoon posted:

I think that could be a good game (I guess anything could be, conceptually) but it would have to overcome the intense deriding it would get from the moment it got unveiled.

Pretty much, it's like how Shattered Dimensions was a terrific Spider-Man game that everyone hated because it didn't have open world web slinging

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I keep buying games on sale that go onto gamepass before I can play them :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wish Feige liked video games