Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Just found this thread and haven't been through it but I would love for someone to make Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2. That was of my favorite games ever. It was cathartic and a great stress reliever; something you could fire up for 1/2 hour or 45 minutes and just rage on. It was very GTA but you were actually encouraged to build up your "wanted meter" (rage meter here) and just wreck poo poo. Only thing I might change is Hulk's ability to run on walls but I can see why they had that mechanic in there for the sake of gameplay.

Someone suggested a game called "Prototype" I think it was as a spiritual successor but I don't think it will "feel" the same as just Hulking out.

EDIT: Also, I wonder why there's never been a Thor game. I could see that being incredibly fun if you did it God of War style and put him in all these crazy locations.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Seriously go look up a gameplay video of Prototype 2. You're the Hulk but human-sized

That does look pretty bad rear end. Man, that Incredible Hulk gameplay looked loving awful though. I looked up SPiderman also and wtf is going on the ASM2 game with all the weird spikes and bizarre costumes. SPiderman looks loving weird in those videos.

What I've seen of the new spiderman game looks good but why did they make his spider emblem white? Looks like they're going for an Arkham style of combat but with more environmental stuff and keeping the stealth. Jealous i won't get to play it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I was interested to see what they were going to do with the Daredevil game.

I know the joke is "it'll just be a black screen" but I was picturing something like Arkham's detective vision thingy only more evolved. Like you'd get a sort of a basic, generic radar but then could choose to focus on hearing, smell, touch, etc. That would be your "powers wheel" and depending on what you equipped, you'd "see" different things that would solve puzzles and poo poo or lead to clues.

Then basically mirror Arkham's combat system but tailor it to DD. Side missions like find Turk, Stilt Man and the Jester, cameos by Spiderman, Luke and Danny. Boss battles with Bullseye, Kingpin, Elektra, Punisher, Owl and Gladiator. You could even add in some courtroom stuff where you use your powers. to solve cases.

I think it'd be pretty cool.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I would totally play some kind of ungodly combination of Phoenix Wright and Final Fight starring Daredevil.

Here's an interesting little video on the DD game they tried and also a trailer or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF8AEtKXwEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSNgXKCwLwo

Looks incredibly lovely but like they were on track in a lot of ways and WAY off on others (grinding like Tony Hawk as a staple?), but I think with modern hardware they could do something really cool with it. And DD has sort of moved up to A-List now with the Netflix show so it's more marketable.

I see it as something like a cross between Arkham, Spiderman and GTA with a little bit of role playing thrown in. Courtroom stuff would be cool diversion. You could do a lot of really cool poo poo with the radar and the different heightened senses. Have Stick be the "trainer" where you visit him to unlock higher jumps, new combos and more speed or whatever. Let the isolation tank in Matt's apartment be where you heal up.

You could add in side missions with Ben Urich as a catalyst. The Arkham style challenge missions could be really cool too. I really love the Arkham games and think you could ape them well enough but still add enough new poo poo to make it kick rear end and not too derivative.

EDIT; Holy poo poo. There's a DD Arkham mod someone made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W5s9HawCZo

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 7, 2017

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

After seeing Dr. Strange, I'd like to see someone take a shot at making a video game using those twisty world mechanics.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Medullah posted:

For me it's a side effect of young me being able to get 2-3 new video games a year if I was LUCKY, so I instinctively jump on every humble bundle and good deal that I can. I'd wager I've played less than 10% of my Steam backlog for any length of time, and I have Playstation 2 games that aren't even opened.

Shockingly, I don't have as much time to spend on games as I did when I was 13.

This is it for me too. There's so much to do in these games now and so little time. I felt like I binged through Arkham Knight and it took me like 10 weeks.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Medullah posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn sucked me in, between it and Saints Row 4 I spent more time on those two games than the rest of my game purchases in the last 7 years combined.

They ALL suck me in it's just finding a rainy Sunday when I don't have my kid to dedicate to it. Jealous that I won't get to play the new Spiderman game since it looks cool and I'm on XBone but I have Rise of the Tomb Raider right now and that poo poo owns.

Still want my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction reboot/remake/sequel/whatever because not only was it awesome but I could also play it in short spurts and just wreck poo poo for 45 minutes without 10 side quests and poo poo.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Has an Elric video game ever been pitched? Soul Reaver and the Legacy of Kain series seemed to touch on it and those came out well.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Superhero games i'd like someone to take a shot at? Besides another HULK: Ultimate Destruction game I mean.

I'd like to see:

Daredevil - I think the stuff that the Arkham games did with detective vision give us a good jumping off point here, Just take the basics of that type of "vision" and stretch it out further to make it more critical to gameplay. Matt can with off lights to use stealth, sense where enemies are, use smell and hearing to work things out or follow trails. You could add stuff that interferes with his radar too like loud noises and introduce puzzles that involve things like determining colors or having to read a computer screen. Combat takes care of itself. Maybe break it up a little and add some courtroom stuff.

Dr. Strange - I'm thinking something like Portal meets...I don't know...Inception maybe? Picturing something light on combat but heavy on weird spatial puzzles and trippy, twisty environments that you can alter with different spells. Maybe like the two different dimensions of the old Soul Reaver game. You could do some really freaky poo poo with the environments.

Moon Knight - I just love MK so give me an Arkham game with him with more brutal combat, some torture elements and maybe add some levels with the alter egos where you have to drive a cab for a little bit or sneak around as Marc Spector at some big corporate party or a bad guy's mansion. You could do some cool levels with Egyptian tombs and werewolves and poo poo. I dunno.

Green Lantern - I don't know how the gently caress you could pull this off since his power is literally "can create anything" so the problem is how do you map that concept to a controller? Maybe you start off a little green (heh) and have to unlock more powers as you go and then have each level be context sensitive in a way that changes the poo poo the ring does in different ways depending on the mission to where the game controls a lot of it. You could play as several other Lanterns on a bunch of weird No Mans Sky or Outer Worlds planets and maybe crib from Mass Effect or Deus Ex and how they handled powers and skills. Obviously each mission is on a 24 hour time limit.

Aquaman - This could be amazing. A full open world game set underwater that has puzzles you need to control fish to solve and poo poo like that. The movie lends itself well to the videogame treatment and offers a ton of cool possibilities for awesome graphics. Finally an underwater level where you can't drown.

Ant Man/The Atom - There aren't enough games where you play as a shrunken person in a regular environment but I've always found it fun. Toy Story and Micro Machines were neat like this and the idea of creating puzzles and environments based on scale seems cool.

Has there ever been a Blade videogame?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've wanted an open world punisher game since fuckin GTA 3 and it's crazy no one has made one yet.

Yeah that seems like a no brainer but you'd have to add some element to it that makes it "The Punisher" rather than just another GTA clone. I'd picture something more along the lines of Splinter Cell or MGS than GTA but something that that uses different gangs and corrupt cops taking over areas of a city I could see. It would have to more tactical than GTA and involve more stealth and sniping and poo poo.

I heard decent things about the PS2 Punisher game but most of it was just about all the crazy ways you could murder and torture people so I never checked it out since all I could think of was Manhunt and I didn't like that game.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The Hitman/Punisher approach sounds like a pretty good idea actually but you'd need more cover based shootouts and tactical gunfire. The whole idea with Hitman is not being seen and being subtle. When I think Punisher I think some of that but also several instances of total mayhem.

Maybe do the Hitman approach with getting in but then having to shoot your way out. Which, to be fair, some Hitman levels do turn into if you gently caress up enough but that's not the general idea behind the missions.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Lobok posted:

I feel like a big reason why Spider-Man was allies with Watanabe was for narrative reasons. Yuri and MJ were doing a lot of the legwork to investigate and research things for Spider-Man to keep driving the plot forward so the player could focus on the action.

But Spider-Man has never been an ACAB kind of guy anyway. How many times have they tried to arrest or kill him and yet he still wants to be on the same side? He's had good relationships with individual cops for a long time, some romantic. There's an argument to be made that in adapting the character for their game they could leave that part out or do the opposite but that is the character from the comics.

No poo poo. Spidey's relationship with the cops was always portrayed as antagonistic and they're often shown firing on him and trying to arrest him. There's also the fact that he's a young, confused, guilt ridden teenager who's not always sure what the right move is and is in any given situation and is repeatedly smeared by the press. It's rather central to the character, at least in his early incarnation.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm just jealous all over again since I have an Xbone and not a PS and can't play it because it looks kick rear end and I loved all the previous games.

If/when I buy a next gen console I might go with Sony but that won't be any time soon since I'm broke and have no time plus I'm totally not lining up to buy any new consumer electronics on launch day ever again. If you're patient, you can play these games for cents on the dollar and I still have:

Fallout 4
Hitman
Witcher 3
Dead Space 2
NBA 2k

to explore along with RE4 and Zelda: Twilight Princess on the Wii.

plus RE2 and 3 remake along with Evil Within 2 to master so I never really get the rush to get a new console. Seems they're also buggy as poo poo when they first come out (see: XBOX 360 Red RIng and PS1 sound skipping) so whatever.

But still, Spider Man PS4 looks pretty..uh... amazing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’ve never owned a console on launch, but I think this is going to be the one for me. Especially if it launches with a Spider-Man game.

I wouldn't.

They're almost always broken somehow, tremendously overpriced and very buggy.

They basically just use first day buyers to work out the kinks in the hardware.

That's been my experience (PS1, PS2, XBOX 360). I've had serious problems with all of them but never with the ones I sat around and waited on (Wii, XBone, PS3).

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

Sorry, Rocksteady, that's not the answer I have on this card. Would you like to try again?

Did it say "moops"?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Finally playing Arkham Knight and the batmobile is not fun at all. That fight againt the excavator almost broke me. Everything else is:discourse:

Afraid I've got some bad news for you

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

TwoPair posted:

I feel like the Batmobile would've been fine if it were just a way to get around, a neat bonus sort of thing. For instance, chasing down bad guys' trucks or Firefly is fun but it's never crucial. The problem is that they basically made it a plot element. I mean, there is a whole segment of the game devoted to you having to get the Batmobile a new fuel cell because it's disabled in the fear gas. Like, motherfucker I know you have a jet and probably other cars or other Bat-modes-of-transportation around that aren't disabled, don't pretend that fixing that loving car is vital. (Plus he has to go down into a fear gas cloud to do it, which is dumb. Again, don't tell me you can't get Alfred to air drop you a goddamn gas mask)

If I remember right, they locked essential parts of the skill trees behind batmobile acheivements which was really annoying. I liked having some puzzles and areas require the car but, man, they just laid it on way too much and made you use it too often. The drone battles were really repetitive and the Riddler races were complete dogshit.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I'm not planning on buying a new gaming console anytime soon but if did, it wouldn't be to play a new Batman game where I never got to play as loving Batman.

I love all the Arkham games but I'm honestly relieved that Arkham Knights doesn't interest me enough to tempt my wallet at all. Wish I could say the same about RE8 because that looks rather badass but I learned my lesson a long time ago about adopting first generation electronics of any sort (from computers, to TV's to phones and right on down the line) so I'm gonna sit back and watch other people spend their hard earned money.

I'll get to play all these games eventually and will save hundreds of dollars by simply being patient, kicking back and learning what's actually good or worth buying. Color me unexcited with what I saw from the Arkham Knights trailer as well as that Avengers game. Only game I'm jealous to not be able to play is PS4 Spiderman but whatever. I've got 6 or 7 (good) games gathering dust already that I can't find or make time to play so, yeah.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Lobok posted:

But is it a Batman game if Batman isn't the focus?

Makes you think.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

What are some folk's fondest memories of older forgotten superhero games?

I remember liking NES Batman and SEGA Batman Returns on the Genesis. There was SEGA Xmen game I remember enjoying (a side scroller) and have vague memories of a Spiderman game on Genesis where you got $ for web fluid by taking photos (which was a neat idea) that I recall renting but never finished. Spiderman V. Kingpin I think (?)

I heard good things about The Wolverine game on PS2 (I think it was) but never played it and think my all timer is Hulk: Ultimate Destruction but I was trying to brainstorm much older games for purposes of my post and am coming up short.

Funny how few really good superhero games there were on Genesis and SNES.

Moving forward though, I'd LOVE both a follow up to Hulk:UD and a dedicated Daredevil game that uses Arkham's detective vision mechanic and builds on that using Matt's other heightened senses in ways that emphasize his unique powers. Seems like there'd be a lot you do with that by focusing on sound, smell, touch and DD popping light bulbs or throwing breakers to make environments dark. You could even add some lawyering poo poo like Ace Phoenix or interrogations like L.A. Noire tried and then put in some puzzles where DD has to figure out colors or CPU screens that he can't see.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

site posted:

Having the whole game in x-ray detective mode would probably get annoying tho

True, but that's how most people wound up playing the Batman games anyway so :shrug:

Maybe they could mix it up by adding a "focus" thing where, instead of being in just 'detective mode' constantly, you had to cycle through sound, smell, touch etc. where the screen always changed depending on your focus. I dunno.

I just love Daredevil and can see a lot of potential for a game based on what the Arkham games built and the different things you could do just with that basic template. The combat in those games already kicks rear end. Solving puzzles, different ways to approach areas, the lawyering idea, using super hearing to figure out passwords, codes, phone numbers and poo poo.

Seemed to work for PS4 Spiderman so just adapt that basic concept to what Matt does and *poof*. Awesome game.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

gently caress all this

When do we get Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2 or something even close?

I loved the 1st one so much and need the stress relief it offered. I want to smash, god dammit.

I really dug how I could just gently caress around with it for 30-45 minutes after work without having to invest a ton of time dealing with a campaign and just gently caress poo poo up, somewhat similar to what the Arkham series offered with the combat challenge levels. And, man, even just a remake of the original H:UD with modern graphics and a somewhat more fleshed out world would suit me fine. loving thing came out 15 years ago before the MCU and Avengers were even a thing so it seems like a remake would sell :shrug:

Still not sure how they managed to gently caress up the sequel (TIH) so bad either. They stripped out most everything that made the original so much fun.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Man...

gently caress me for being an Xbone owner.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

gently caress me. So wish I had a PS4 right now instead of XBone because these Spiderman games look bad rear end.

Settled on grabbing THPS1&2 remake (is Spidey still in it as an unlockable?) and busting out an old Batman game to gently caress up some goons and bust some heads in challenge mode.

Now someone please get busy on my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction sequel and the Daredevil game I want. TIA

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm the only person alive who never had issues with the AI in RE5. I beat it on every difficulty solo with no issues I felt were really not my fault.

I just got tired of the repetitive audio responses and prompts. Game would have better if it had made the co-op optional. I wound up just using my partner as an item mule but I remember some parts when I was trying to go sniper or semi stealth she'd gently caress up my plan by engaging or running somewhere I didn't want her.

I can't think of the last game with an AI controlled partner that really added to my experience.

Speaking of Arkham Knights, why not just set up the levels and the areas to where you can pick the character you want from the batcave and then go kick rear end according to your play style? Have SOME puzzles or areas where you totally NEED Nightwing or whoever abutnd have it so each area has poo poo that only ONE character can solve or access? Or, better yet, one character works thru obstacle/puzzle/area number 1 or unlocks/raises/disables something and then another comes in and finishes the solution?

Forced op is never really fun IMO. Especially online unless you're with a group you know.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I've asked it before I think but what are some superhero games goons would like to see tried that have never been done or could otherwise use a followup?

At the top of my list, I'd love to see an updated Hulk: Ultimate Destruction game. You wouldn't even have to change much. Just open up the world and slap next gen graphics on it.

I think a Daredevil game in the tradition of the Batman Arkham games that expanded on the detective vision would be awesome. And a Dr. Strange game that shifted the world around like the old Soul Reaver game on PS2 did could work using different spells that you learn and unlock.

I don't know how you do a good Green Lantern or proper Superman game but I'd like to see them try. Superman Returns (I think it was) had the good idea of giving Metropolis the health bar instead of Superman but I never played that one. How do you deal with all the poo poo that Green Lantern can do though? Maybe have him start out green (heh) and limited by his imagination where he just makes fists and boxing gloves and then add new powers he can unlock as he grows?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

That's a pretty cool idea for a Flash game actually.

muscles like this! posted:

There was a canceled Daredevil game that IIRC was from around the Affleck movie.

I've seen that before and yikes. If I remember right, the publisher saw the success of Tony Hawk and wanted to make the game more skate boardish and grindy. Not a bad idea in a vacuum since DD being an acrobat is cool but if I remember right he has a lot of other powers too and probably a game using him should focus on that.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm a huge fan of FiraX-Com and from very early on playing the first game, I thuoght it would work great as a SHIELD game, so this is basically me reading the tea leaves correctly as far as I'm concerned

That being said, curious to see how it actually turns out. I think just making it into a turn based Avengers game or whatever would be a bit eh, but maybe something like a mix of orthodox Xcom and Chimera squad where you have a bunch of random/user generated grunts and one hero character leading them into each mission.

Anxiously looking forward to hundreds of posts wondering how Hawkeye could miss at point blank range with a 97% hit percentage.

That said, I like the idea of a turn based strategy game like this and think it could work really well so long as they're able to make each character feel and play really different from each other and vary the missions.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I haven't played Xcom in a long time but I don't recall it having the vast range of powers that a group of Avengers might (flight, phasing through walls, jumping a half a mile, summoning lightning strikes, magic spells, ricocheting projectiles, bullet proof) and the idea of something like this is really intriguing to me. I didn't care much for the top down Ultimate Alliance/Xmen Legends style of games because I couldn't see what the gently caress was going on half the time and felt they moved too fast. Too much happening at once.

A turn based approach might really allow the player to appreciate the differences in the heroes and plan out a lot of cool different strategies.

Also, aren't most of the Xcom levels relatively flat too? Adding a serious vertical element to things sounds super cool along with the idea of picking your team accordingly. Downtown battle amidst skyscrapers? You need Thor, Hulk and Iron Man. Flight. Underground/stealth Hydra lab? Then Widow, Hawkeye, Panther and Cap. Inter-dimensional weird poo poo you need Doc Strange and Scarlet Witch. And so forth. The research stuff could be super cool too where Stark and SHIELD analyze the alien tech/Red Skull treasures/Asgardian artifacts or whatever.

The trick will be to vary the levels enough that players just don't always take Hulk, Thor and Iron Man every level which actually doesn't seem hard if they put some thought into it and just don't slap the license on it and ship it out half assed. You'll need levels where Starlord, Widow, Hawkeye and such have something to do.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I just saw where they're going a Guardians of the Galaxy video game and genuinely wondering what that might look like or what the best approach would be.

A top down thing like the Avengers and Xmen games from a few years ago? I think that'd be kind of boring. I'm picturing a dialed down No Man's Sky sort of thing where you're free to travel planets and I guess maybe choose a single character and go tackle that level (?). Seems like co-op would be the way to go but I'm not sure a team based GotG approach would really work to be honest.

Ah, who am I kidding? They're probably just going to make it like that most recent Avengers game and that doesn't really interest me since, even though the Avengers have different skill sets, GotG seems like that model would be a step down.

You kind of need levels tailored to the specific skills of each character, IMO, and not a Rainbow Six/Call of Duty squad based thing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Oh poo poo. My bad. The article I read didn't have any video and somehow I missed the post about it.

EDIT:

And that looks kind of lame to me. The cinematics, graphics and designs look good but the gameplay just looks like Star Lord being God of War or running around Arkham chaining combos. I'm not sure how you'd go about making a decent game from that license.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 16, 2021

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

An Avengers game where you don't get to play as any of the Avengers doesn't sound all that fun to me no matter what template gets placed over top of it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

If I wanted to play cards I'd just...well...play some loving cards.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Because the XCOM formula of being outgunned soldiers against a superior force with limited actions and options that slowly expand over the course of a game does not fit with a superhero game and it'd be weird. Jake Solomon said as much when this game was initially revealed.

Hard disagree. Just vary the power levels of the enemies or gimp some of the heroes a little bit (Hulk can't Hulk, Tony's armor is in disrepair, Thor lost his hammer). A tactical superhero RPG sounds pretty baller to me and solves some of the "too much happening at once" issues I had with Xmen and Avengers Alliance or whatever they were called.

For that matter, you could even find ways to simply limit the hero roster and make some levels Widow, Cap and Hawkeye style affairs where, meanwhile, the heavier hitters are over HERE doing some other poo poo and do a "we need to split up" deal.

Other levels could be player's choice and then just design the levels to where the underpowered members are still useful somehow. For instance, Hawkeye has to take out those alarms/cameras before some big enemy monsters are alerted and Widow needs to sneak through some area and disable some computer or whatever that controls a huge gently caress off laser robot tank. I think it could also open up strategy where the idea of keeping the lower leveled heroes safe and out of harm's way is part of the map and moving around it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Again, just play cards (or card based games) if you wanna do that. It's a different kind of fun.

I don't play board games or card based table top stuff and then wish that me and all my friends were all really at home doing it over the internet. Like, I can play poker over the internet but a big part of the fun, to me, is getting everyone together, exchanging money, telling jokes, making eye contact, drinking beer, bluffing and flipping your cards. I can shoot pool, or bowl on a Wii but going out and doing it is different and more fun.

Someone else mentioned how the card dynamic adds another unneeded layer or something to a medium that's already designed to be interactive, graphic and stat based that I thought was an apt description of my problem here.

Like, to me, playing a game like, say, Strat-O-Matic baseball on a computer feels cold, detached and impersonal without the dice and the cards. Same with chess or Axis & Allies. I like the tacit physical element to rolling dice, dealing cards and moving pieces around along with eating pizza with my friends but I also like tactical CPU games like Command & Conquer or Xcom where I can skip the setup or whatever. Playing Last Night on Earth, Ticket to Ride, Arkham Horror, Gloomhaven, Blood Bowl or Settlers of Cattan without anyone around would feel synthetic and impersonal. Unsocial. Different. And would defeat the purpose.

Playing Left 4 Dead, Street Fighter, Madden or Call of Duty is a different matter and a separate type of experience that I can only get from a video game. It's like playing D&D with your friends on a table with dice, books and character sheets instead of WoW, Neverwinter Nights or Skyrim. It's the whole Phil Hartman SNL skit they did where you read a virtual book next to a cpu/vr fireplace while smoking a cigar wearing a bathrobe and VR glasses that is totally more exciting than actually reading a book.

Which I can't find a link for but maybe someone knows about it.

Two things can be fun without needing to be combined. Adding card elements to video games is like adding explosion effects to chess. Similar to how I have no interest in playing board game versions of Tetris, PacMan, Asteroids or Galaga.

TL/DR: Play a game of cards if you want to do poker or MTG and build decks of cards.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I didn't mean to be condescending. Just chiming in with my own personal opinion and backing up goons who don;t want to play deck building games on their PC's and consoles with superhero games.

I don't see where I attacked anybody

:shrug:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Sorry.

Sorry everyone. Seriously.

I was only speaking for myself.

Card game mechanics in video games are fine and knock yourselves out if you like that stuff.

Jesus.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

catlord posted:

Ok, Jesus, I'm sorry I don't like digital cards.

I don't either but people seem to have really strong opinions about the subject so I'm gonna leave it alone moving forward.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

The Wolverine game on PS2 that I think was a movie tie in was pretty bad rear end if I remember right so I'm in.

Now someone please get to work and give me my Hulk: Ultimate Destruction remake with current gen graphics so we can finally set things right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I wish someone would make an Elric game. Seems like it could be a cool cross between The Witcher and Legacy of Kain.