Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"Do you consider yourself a goth?"
"Like people who enjoy horror novels and films, and the sad, whiny music you and Magik listen to?"

God, I love the Hunter-Nico-Illyana scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
..and done. Very sad it’s all over, and that there won’t be a follow up rescuing our gal from purgatory and possibly DOOM but I acknowledge that’s partly on me for leaving it so long to pick it up. I had the ending beats pegged very early on and every later conversation with Carol, Illyana, Nico, Blade and Cap became increasingly painful because you knew it’s never gonna happen. Felt bad for Nico at the end because unlike the rest of them, it probably hit harder for her as the rest all have a revolving door on the death thing and are used to it.

Who did y’all have with you in the final battle? I had Carol (fair, I used her a lot), Illyana (fuckin’ A), Robbie (what in the actual gently caress? Don’t get me wrong, I like him but I didn’t use him that much, certainly not as much as Blade), and ended with Nico. I ended up having to redo the whole thing again because I breezed through the first 3, got way cocky, and went turbo ham with Nico way too early and got her killed. 2nd time was the charm, got the heroism maxed and BROUGHT DOWN THE FUCKIN’ SKY on alla those shits. No pics alas, I think I broke the PS App uploading so many loving photos to it, drat.

So yeah, loved the absolute poo poo out of it, so nice to see a game made by folks who Get It, just a total love letter.

Last word: lmao at seeing who played Mephisto in the credits, wtf

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Nah, there's already a few games ahead of it with a good shout at taking the record I think.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Waffleman_ posted:

They announced it at The Game Awards. Lance Reddick is going to be playing Hellboy.

Oh man, that’s gonna be a sad play now whatever happens.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, I love the original and still have entire chunks of its delightfully OTT dialogue burned into my brain taking up space far more useful things could use...but I ain't getting my hopes up with their track record.

I AM THE LORD OF DEADSIDE! SHADOWBORN AT THE CONFLUENCE OF WORLDS TO WALK BETWEEN!

Such an unforgettable voice, amazing that he got his start doing passenger announcements on the Tube or something.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Jesus Christ, Liu Kang, you had ONE JOB, etc. I'd be a better god of fire, thunder and time because if it were me, I'd make sure Shang Tsung and Shao Khan never existed in any timeline.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, hopefully the other Spidey is just going about their normal day whenever you switch to them, so you catch them meeting MJ/eating pizza with Ganke/in class or the lab/chilling with Spider-Cat/chasing balloons/taking a dump, etc

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The funniest thing about the game is how it sets up Peter beating the poo poo out of all these OAPs. Tooms is 76(!), Doc's pushing 60, I think Norman is 60 or even more. The Amazing, Spectacular Geezer-Puncher.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Air Skwirl posted:

In Spider-Man 1 I think they say Peter had been Spider-Man for 8 years, and it's generally canonical that he gets his powers when he's 15. So he'd be 23 or 24, assuming Harry is the same age that'd put Norman in his late 40s or early 50s unless he was well over 30 when Harry was born.

I had it the wrong way round: Norman is 58, Otto is 63.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Air Skwirl posted:

Okay, then either Harry is older than Peter (which I highly doubt, they're high school friends in most versions), Norman is an old dad (possible), or Norman is in his early-mid 50s at the oldest.

Like I said, Norman Osborn is 58. That’s his age in this. The end.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lobok posted:

There's tons of suits left

Like what? Captain Universe, Ben’s 90’s Spider-Man suit, and Miles’ most recent new one aside, I can’t think of many left. The first game must have had 90% of them..!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I get that it’s iconic and what most people think of for him but to me, first appearance Venom is my Venom. That whole buff Spider-Man stepping out of the shadows thing then suddenly he’s got this creepy rear end smile somehow is the definitive moment for me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Series X was 25% off recently but I skipped it as there ain’t any exclusives I care about on it yet. A Blade game, and Senua’s Saga finally coming out, would certainly change my mind, I wanna gently caress up some uphill ice skaters.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Goddamn. Even being never particularly fussed about Conroy's take on Batman, that SS synopsis is an awfully bum note for the poor guy to bow out on, he deserved better.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Seasons 2-4? Like this thing isn't going to tank harder than Anthem did.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
lmao, word round the campfire is they've blown close to half a billion on this thing.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

ImpAtom posted:

How? Harley, uh, shoots Batman in the face and unless they had a looooooot of dialogue pre-recorded it doesn't seem like he's coming back.

Rubber bullets. Honest.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I have zero interest in this sort of thing, never bothered with Overwatch or Team Fortress or anything in-between

..but I am also a complete sucker for Illyana aka low key the Best X-Man. I hate card/turn-based games but still picked up Midnight Suns so I could dump suckers in Limbo portals and batter them with a honkin' big soulsword so you can bet I'mma gonna do it in this too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What is the nemesis system anyway? I never played any LotR games.