Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Clamknuckle posted:

It looks like Agents of Mayhem which was basically G.I.Joe with a new coat of paint.

A damming indictment, if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Agents of Mayhem really seemed like a game where they spent a lot of time and money on pre-production but when it was time to actually make the game they ran out of cash and just had to throw something together. The game is just chockablock full of repeated content with very few unique missions.

It also just feels bad to play. The saints row games never had the tightest shooting or movement but the ridiculousness covered a lot of that up.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah Peter's face looked like poo poo so I'm glad they are changing it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Different companies. The people who made H:UD went on to make Prototype. Then Prototype 2 bombed and they got massive layoffs and now all they do it help make Destiny content.

That dude in prototype 2 loving hated computers and that's the only thing I remember from that game despite playing it all when it came out, and that should tell you everything you need to know about it. I want to live in the world they got to do Hulk 2 instead.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The first face looked kinda like the animated series Peter just enough to bother me.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Crimson Cowl looks great, but I hate the track suit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

C'mon they could have licensed what's up danger for that.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

When? I thought she was white in Ultimate Spider-Man, (also crooked).

In Spectacular she's native American.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Not as cool as the Jordans from the movie.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Activision no longer has the rights to Spider-Man, so yeah no.

They should have worked with Sony to get him into that version.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm still looking forward to playing it when it's half off on boxing day

It's still not worth it. Marvel's Anthem.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, if you just want an Avenger's game and don't care about Infinite Replayability it's a perfectly fine game.

It's about $30 too much for how long the campaign is. Maybe more than that honestly.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Marvel's Avengers is $28 on black friday. Is it worth that just for story? When are new characters coming? I thought two were supposed to be out already but doesn't seem like they are.

First Hawkeye is coming by the end of the year, second Hawkeye most likely gets cancelled in a "we need to take a year to fix the game sorry" Anthem move.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Skwirl posted:

Ooo, might actually get it then.

How do the microtransactions work, does the XP just scale in such a way that late game it just takes forever to get new abilities unless you pay?

I should point out Kate's solo book lasted 18 issues, Clint couldn't even sustain a 5 issue mini.

You can just play the story without grinding. Anything after the story is grindy garbage. The microtransactions are all cosmetic.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

It's $50. The $70 one comes with the first game.

No the $70 dlc comes with the ability to upgrade your old copy of the original to the ps5 version. If you get the $50 version you have to pay for that. If you don't get either you're hosed on upgrading. The entire business plan for this is confusing anti consumer bullshit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It ran perfectly for me but weirdly as soon as I beat the campaign it started getting really bad frame rate drops when free roaming. Starting a new game plus fixed it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shirkelton posted:

I can't stop laughing at how stupid the mid-credits tease in Spider-Man: Miles Morales is.

Isn't it just the same tease as the end of the first game?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm the only person alive who never had issues with the AI in RE5. I beat it on every difficulty solo with no issues I felt were really not my fault.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm trying to kill Spider-Man but I'm dummy thicc and the clapping of my rear end cheeks keeps triggering his spider sense.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Eddie works out, I'd like to think the only enhancement the suit's providing is making the booty shiny.

Big Wet Sym-butts. Is that something?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

There was a canceled Daredevil game that IIRC was from around the Affleck movie.

https://youtu.be/MF8AEtKXwEA

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I want a Dr. Doom strategy game. Like crusader Kings but you're Doom.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

site posted:

a strategy game where you always lose no matter what because RICHAAAAARDS shows up as an endgame event sounds hilarious ngl

It's like ski free!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Soonmot posted:

it'll be DC's Avengers

Maybe they saw how bad avengers did and are scrambling to remove any Glass stuff.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They're gonna put in the BoP movie Cassandra. Wish Master reporting for duty.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I believe if you save Selina is when you get the bit where she might be interested in a relationship because selflessness is attractive. I remember saving her in my playthrough because I figured Harvey was going to be Two-Face regardless which as you say is right... but not.

Haven't played the second season so I'm not sure if it's ever built on or how it tries to keep John Doe and the Joker separate.

If you are aware of Harvey and Two Face you already know how they keep John Doe and Joker separate: they do not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't Finch writing AND drawing that book? How did he gently caress up and still draw the half-scarred face?

He was supposed to be half scared still. This wasn't an error. It's just incredibly stupid. He was "one face" cause the Harvey personality was dormant and big bad Harv or whatever you wanna call his bad side took over.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

:psyduck: But... like... that's how he is most of the time anyway?!

I feel like "it was incredibly stupid" covered this part. I think that was the first new 52 book I read and it set the tone for that entire era.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

To be fair, I don't think anyone wanted the Square game to have actor likenesses. We would have all preferred if they didn't look like them at all. The weird half measure thing they did was distracting and bad.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm glad they decided to focus on one character that hopefully feels good to play as, instead of avengers where it's 6 that all feel the same and like poo poo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't want to play at Bruce Willis friend I want to play at Bruce Willis. They had this figured out twenty five years ago, why did they forget this now? I don't want to control a bunch of faceless shield agents or made up fake super heroes. I want to control a squad of characters I care about. That's the whole point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Veotax posted:

If it's supposed to be an Xcom-like I don't want a bunch of pre-made characters that the license holder probably won't let die against a random mook, I want to be able to customise a squad of heroes that will die in horrible and hilarious ways.

I want to customize existing heroes and have them die in horrible and hilarious ways. It's a video game, let people get Captain America killed by having him run directly into fire who cares.