Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Man I don't like that.

It may or may not be true, but if you pause the videos on the mod chip screen you can see icons that are related to various heroes and villains

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh the IGN preview said they were in so along with that screenshot I imagined they were keeping terrible parts in.

So it's all new terrible stuff.

one of the leaks said it is 1 riddler trophy and you find him dead next to it. it could be wrong. :shrug:

Edit: I really want to know how much of the leaks are true or not at this point.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

JordanKai posted:

Oh, nice! I can talk about the game now.

Playing as Deadshot felt like playing a poor man's *Anthem*. All the other characters were less fun than that.

How much of the story leaks, from what you have played, is true?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Open Marriage Night posted:

Someone up top probably demanded a Fortnite only knowing it’s characters with guns and loot.

I don't think you know what a Fortnite is either

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

JordanKai posted:

I haven't kept up with the leaks and I checked out of the alpha pretty quickly, so I can't tell you too much. Here are the important story beats I remember:

*John Stewart captures the Suicide Squad and tells them to let the real heroes handle Brainiac before very swiftly getting murked.
*Batman hunts down and incapacitates the members of the Squad one by one in a section that should be cool but feels weird; you're still moving and running around like a lightweight action game character in what should be a down-to-earth setpiece. He also uses an EMP to disable everyone's mobility options, which works on King Shark even though his mobility options come from his actual superpowers. :v:
*The Suicide Squad captures Barry Allen. Captain Boomerang accidentally chops one of his fingers off, which the squad uses to get past a fingerprint scanner in the Justice League headquarters.

That seems to go against some of the leaks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Remember when the thread was thinking Gotham Knights would suck but Suicide Squad would be great?

I think people hoped both would be good. Both are not good.

Gotham Knights has good main missions with a bunch of bullshit bolted on that makes it not good. Game shpuld have been the 4 missions, but you play each one as a separate batman character

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Saw a new trailer of suicide squad that shows more of the story leaks were true. I personally don't mind killing the jla.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
That joker is an earth-2 variant that is still alive.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Waffleman_ posted:

Lotta story leaks for Suicide Squad and oh my loving God the ending implies that they're expecting THIRTY seasons of content

They post a YouTube video that spoilers a bunch of it lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyGmNNMnBE

It would appear many leaks were true.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Excited to heatwave infuse my bane rage gcpd shotgun

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

The Joker and his iconic weapon, an umbrella.

Not like there are any other DC characters closely associated with umbrellas

The penguin is in the game. You capture him and make him your arms dealer. Your support team consists of penguin, Hiro Okamura Toyman, Gizmo, Flagg, Waller, new character named Hacker whobisbjust thinker but a black lady, and an enslaved child Poison Ivy.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 23, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Suicide squad can be played solo, but still has to have an internet connection to work.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Or thinker ai

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 24, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Killer croc and katana too

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Waffleman_ posted:

Review outlets aren't being given their review codes despite the game coming out in less than a week, game is loving cooked

Luckily today they announced the battlepasses don't expire.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

MorningMoon posted:

to me all comment sections are where the dead internet theory shines
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Internet_theory

It is right

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://twitter.com/TomRMarks/status/1751328264348725316?t=AUNuB7m892l8b_pFdS_Gew&s=19

Reportedly this happened to a number of other gaming sites that have the SS game a poor preview.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Will be on sale by end of February

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
In real life or online?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Batman's death
https://twitter.com/omegamauro1/status/1752012715072102699?t=kUgG1znfwlZzKJaaY-pSgg&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Batman killed robin
Spoilers obviously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgNcsxXE2rQ

Edit:

superman does kill wonder woman

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 29, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

So seems as if the leaks were legit huh

Yes.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Reportedly some skins can cost up to $40

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

It was a limited number of codes in the UK only

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Luckily online discourse seems to not matter when making consumer choices

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Leaks were 100% right about the story lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I hear you like the destiny 2 gun grind.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
One of the leakers is claiming that the jla deaths are a fakeout and it is made clear in the story. they also claim season 2 and 3 will be dealing with that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

ImpAtom posted:

How? Harley, uh, shoots Batman in the face and unless they had a looooooot of dialogue pre-recorded it doesn't seem like he's coming back.

So there is a story beat about how brainiac has changed the league's genetics so they regenerate or they could be clones. the game makes it ambiguous supposedly. one clue is Flash grows back his fingers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Here are the deaths
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyvDATSLO7U
GL's ring doesn't leave and his body gets zapped away. When wonder woman dies she turns to clay and blows away. She has returned from this before.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jan 30, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
What comedy?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

chaosapiant posted:

I'm at work with limited internet, but have there still been no reviews yet for SSKTJL?

Lol no. Metacritic has 7 reviews. 3 of them are TBD because they aren't finished.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
https://www.ign.com/articles/suicide-squad-kill-the-justice-league-review

quote:

While the comparison might seem like low-hanging fruit, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League really is of a similar construction to Marvel’s Avengers – a game I spent dozens of hours enjoying despite its glaring deficiencies. They’re both live services aiming to offer extensive postgames – of course, in Avengers’ case, that promised service was cut short when Crystal Dynamics shut down development two years after launch. For Rocksteady, another famous single-player-turned-online developer, the first step toward trying to avoid a similar fate would be to create a compelling combat system that makes me want to return to Suicide Squad week after week, which it hasn’t quite achieved at this point. The studio known for revolutionising tight melee combat with its Arkham games has instead opted to make this a third-person shooter, which is a bold choice – but one that doesn't make complete sense considering the traditional methods of violence implemented by most of Task Force X, AKA the Suicide Squad.

When you go to modify some life into your firearms you’re limited to fairly standard buffs like critical damage boosts or cooldown decreases, none of which really lean into capturing any of that superhero/villain magic. Instead of more damage boosts or predictable poison debuffs, I kept hoping to see something crazy – like a gun that fires exploding, chattering Joker teeth or a Clayface cannon that covers the ground and enemies in clay, immobilising them in the process. But having finished the campaign (admittedly not turned over every rock in Metropolis just yet) there's just a disappointing lack of imagination on display here, even for those rarest, top-tier options. That’s particularly a shame because I can see the bones of a truly exciting loot and combat system here –, it’s just hidden in the blandness of its solid but unspectacular gunplay and weapons.

Read the ign work in progress. As much as the reviewer wants to love the game it is clear the game is a pile of poo poo.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 1, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Imagine a game where jumping from destiny public event to destiny public event was the main story gameloop

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Vandar posted:

If it was Fortnite she would have taken fall damage and died.

For many people Fortnite=bad because they are old.

I tire of this suicide squad. Wonder when the next supe game is.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I don't know how you are reading "incel" from that. 1st lex would be volcel and 2nd that reads like one of those toxic male feminist types.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The game is very liberal which is a type of nazi.

Edit: the concept of the Suicide Squad in of itself is very fascistic. Forcing criminals to do a job you expect them to be killed doing or you kill them?

The program reminds me of the inmate firefighters

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

chaosapiant posted:

With SS being in the Arkhamverse, is it a genuine continuation, or is it some kind of Else Worlds/Other Dimension version of those characters, so that the characters from the original Arkham games remain untouched?

It is a continuation.