Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gotta make that Hellblazer alternate skin work somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Interestingly, I wonder if they'd have gotten the same venom if they'd released Jurassic Park AFTER TWD season 1.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I've always seen JP as the prototype for TWD and thus, their current style. It's so different than even their BTTF game which came out around the same time, and has a lot of similar elements to TWD S1.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's a reason that if you take even 30 seconds to solve one in an Uncharted game, then Nate/Chloe will just start telling you the answer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, I liked BTTF a ton and it kind of fits into that Indiana Jones & The Fate Of Atlantis slot for me where I'll happily consider it canon. AJ Locascio's MJF impression is scary good at times as well. Like, he sounds more like Fox than Fox himself does at points.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Realistically? It's what ALL story-telling games do, even when a sandbox is theoretically provided. Let's say you're running a D&D campaign and have it in your head that the players will go to village A and meet the town elder who will give some exposition, but they decide to go to the brothel in town B. You'd likely just have the madam give the same info as the elder and boom, you've railroaded the players, but because they'll never replay your module, they don't notice and have fun.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

By definition, pre-rendered graphics cannot be interactive. That's just an FMV game. Which is again, another idea that was tried and hated.

Uh... the pre-rendered backgrounds in the early Resident Evils would disagree. You certainly can't have the whole game be prerendered, but you can absolutely have elements.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Their special trait is probably swapping weapons/turtles. And Don and Raph are probably gonna share a LOT of Kitana and Mileena's moves from MKX.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You're this far in and only just realised that NetherRealm is composed of gigantic nerds?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Cap game was published by Sega, and was 100% attempting to rip-off the free flow system, and did a decent job for the first game that attempted it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wanderer posted:

Celebrity voice talent isn't typically that expensive on an absolute scale. I've heard Samuel Jackson mention that his rate for a voice-over game role is around $10K and he can knock it out in an afternoon.

I think it depends on how large the role is, and a lot of games now go for performance capture so it's more akin to an actual movie or TV shoot. Jackson probably did rattle out his lines for GTA in a weekend, but that was nearly 15 years ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
No, he means Ultimate Spider-Man. And no, no Avengers tower, because that's not in the Ultimate U. Avengers Tower WAS in Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

So we should expect it to be spoiled as soon as the statues are delivered.

It's a total swerve and the back 60% of the game you play as Spinneret. Miles dies during the tutorial.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeah, Capcom's beat-em-ups were superior. Final Fight is a better simple game, and the D&D ones are nicely complex enough to do the licence justice within the genre.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Mr Negative's 'Inner Demons' or whatever he calls his henchmen do look like toku cannon fodder dudes. :thunk:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I mean, the white spider is based on a paper by MOONSTONE of all people. It's not exactly got the best pedigree even in-universe.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like that Jonah's show updates as you do the little side-crimes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I honestly feel like Dan Slott's credit isn't for him doing any actual writing but more that the game cribs pretty heavily from his run, with FEAST, and Peter using gadgets and focusing on his science, on Ock being a big part of the game, and having Mr Negative be a big deal. Kinda like how the MCU films always give a 'Special Thanks' credit to the writers and artists whose runs get used as big inspiration for the films (like TNC, Stelfreeze, Priest, Hudlan and McGregor getting credit for Black Panther)

And yeah, the Mk IV armour got a lot of use for me because it makes the most sense as being a suit that has the gadgets and high-tech stuff from the game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also on brand for Gage, though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

remusclaw posted:

Wheras Ditko Spider man would have had a disgusted look on his face and tossed out a platitude about making bad choices at ock.

Well duh. Ditko would've had MJ be the one fretting over when to stop caring for and trying to redeem a friend, and Peter would sneer and explain that as soon as one chooses a life of crime, they have forfeited all right to empathy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
^Oh, I'm aware. Massive amounts of how Wakanda looks and how their tech is presented is from Stelfreeze and TNC's run. Like the bracelets.

Skwirl posted:

Ditko never drew MJ.

I'm aware. It was a joke about his Objectivist comics, made about an actual thing that happens in-game, with MJ. Who is in the game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The game opens with the old Marvel Studios ident. They're trying very hard to brand this as "a Marvel movie, but it's a game".

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Basically, it's a broad term that can mean something like GTA or Red Dead Online where there's a robust single player but literally no thought given to solo players after launch (which makes sense from the publisher/developer side, because solo players want a finite experience, usually, so won't pay indefinitely), something like Destiny, Anthem or The Division where it's basically an MMO with some lip service paid to "Oh, you can totally play it for the story", things like DOA or Killer Instinct, or even Hitman where you get a taste for free and can invest as much or as little as you want and get content that works on it's own like new maps or characters, or things like the new Assassin's Creed (at best) or Shadow of War(at worst) where they try and drip feed in new content to keep players engaged and throw loot boxes as a pseudo-MMO element.

It's where loot boxes meet season passes and map packs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Not exactly surprising but I'm pretty sure that in Into the Spider-Verse they included the PS4 costume in the scene where you see all the costumes Peter has made over the years.

You mean any scene in the Spider-Cave? The Web? The... Nest...? (Where do spiders live?)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

poo poo I only just noticed Spider-Gwen in the back of that lineup and I'm hyped. gently caress it give me a whole team of Spider-Folk and a Jake Johnson voice pack for Spidey Prime and just turn this into Spider-Verse the game.

Maybe? I know he and Iron Man are the two Marvel characters that got solo anime...

Blade got one too.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Could mean drop-in/drop-out a la Ultimate Alliance or the Lego games.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also Keith David is voicing him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I swear I'm the only person who kind of hates the Mordor nemesis thing. It's cute for the first couple of hours, but then it's a transparent method to skinner box you into playing the game forever and there's only a finite number of gimmicks, a lot of which aren't even fun to fight and mostly just get in the way of exploring and/or actually doing the main quest.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Soonmot posted:

I take back my reservations. I don't care if the movie avengers are weird looking, I'm 100% on board now

Honestly, Iron Man with Nolan North's voice is actually weirder to me than him having Keanu hair.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Literally everyone knew. The only reason there was an iota of doubt was because they straight-up lied and said it wasn't him.

And I don't even understand why. Anyone who knows anything about the comics would figure it out instantly and anyone who doesn't wouldn't know any better anyway.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

It was just so unnecessary, especially without Hamill. They should have just done a tease at the end like in Begins but they had to shove him in there

Troy Baker did a pretty amazing job all things considered. I'd actually argue he's a better stand in for Hamill than Strong is for Sorkin, although she's probably played the role longer by now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, Nolan North being Iron Man weirded me out more than Tony having soccer mom hair.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SardonicTyrant posted:

The Korra game wasn't great, but the final boss was really good because it's just Armstrong from MGR.

And the Avatar State is one of the better power-up modes in an action game. It felt appropriately stupid strong.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Korra was also weird because it came out during the series, so it's in this weird limbo where it's post-season 2 but before season 3 aired, so they don't have any of the real spirit world crossover like crazy plants and poo poo growing through the city.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd bet they're wanting to do one of those "AND YOU CAN BUY IT DIGITALLY RIGHT NOW!" reveals. Or at least announce it's releasing like a few weeks later, kind of like Capcom with RE3Make.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Persona x Batman. Sure.

Worked for Fire Emblem.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yeah! And I don't wanna see Supes put on the suit, and I wanna see him flight a giant spider!

Yes, yes, Mr Peters, everyone can fight a giant spider...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gearbox also seems to not really have given a poo poo about what they did with the setting giving them the freedom to go wild, which ironically led to some backlash when Borderlands 3 ignored most of what it did do.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't Finch writing AND drawing that book? How did he gently caress up and still draw the half-scarred face?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

He was supposed to be half scared still. This wasn't an error. It's just incredibly stupid. He was "one face" cause the Harvey personality was dormant and big bad Harv or whatever you wanna call his bad side took over.

:psyduck: But... like... that's how he is most of the time anyway?!